Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/12/2007
Offline
1727 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010

Sedatedlife wrote:
I have seen numerous people state here on the forums that the japanese version failed and flopped here is some facts. over 50% of the ps3 userbase purchased the game.FFXIII is the best selling game ever for the PS3 in Japan. It's also Japan's first PS3 game to sell a million .Famitsu readers consider FFXIII the best game of all time. sounds like it did great to me so dont buy into the trolls who constantly bash the game with misinformation and partial truths. buy the game and judge for youre self or rent if youre unsure.No game is perfect but FF XIII is far from the pile of manure some on these forums try to claim. Hope you all enjoy the game for what it is not for what it is not.

Ya, and about a billion people paid money to see "Titanic." Just sayin.'   

 



Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 53 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/28/2007
Offline
2902 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010

McBonk wrote:

Sedatedlife wrote:
I have seen numerous people state here on the forums that the japanese version failed and flopped here is some facts. over 50% of the ps3 userbase purchased the game.FFXIII is the best selling game ever for the PS3 in Japan. It's also Japan's first PS3 game to sell a million .Famitsu readers consider FFXIII the best game of all time. sounds like it did great to me so dont buy into the trolls who constantly bash the game with misinformation and partial truths. buy the game and judge for youre self or rent if youre unsure.No game is perfect but FF XIII is far from the pile of manure some on these forums try to claim. Hope you all enjoy the game for what it is not for what it is not.

Ya, and about a billion people paid money to see "Titanic." Just sayin.'   

 


 

Yea and even more people saw Avatar
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 53 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/14/2007
Offline
8519 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010

Phantom11392 wrote:

McBonk wrote:

Sedatedlife wrote:
I have seen numerous people state here on the forums that the japanese version failed and flopped here is some facts. over 50% of the ps3 userbase purchased the game.FFXIII is the best selling game ever for the PS3 in Japan. It's also Japan's first PS3 game to sell a million .Famitsu readers consider FFXIII the best game of all time. sounds like it did great to me so dont buy into the trolls who constantly bash the game with misinformation and partial truths. buy the game and judge for youre self or rent if youre unsure.No game is perfect but FF XIII is far from the pile of manure some on these forums try to claim. Hope you all enjoy the game for what it is not for what it is not.

Ya, and about a billion people paid money to see "Titanic." Just sayin.'   

 


 

Yea and even more people saw Avatar

Coincidentally, most thought Avatar's visuals were mind blowing.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 53 (16 Views)
Reply
Survivor
Registered: 05/28/2007
Offline
2902 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010

Firebird93 wrote:

Phantom11392 wrote:

McBonk wrote:

Sedatedlife wrote:
I have seen numerous people state here on the forums that the japanese version failed and flopped here is some facts. over 50% of the ps3 userbase purchased the game.FFXIII is the best selling game ever for the PS3 in Japan. It's also Japan's first PS3 game to sell a million .Famitsu readers consider FFXIII the best game of all time. sounds like it did great to me so dont buy into the trolls who constantly bash the game with misinformation and partial truths. buy the game and judge for youre self or rent if youre unsure.No game is perfect but FF XIII is far from the pile of manure some on these forums try to claim. Hope you all enjoy the game for what it is not for what it is not.

Ya, and about a billion people paid money to see "Titanic." Just sayin.'   

 


 

Yea and even more people saw Avatar

Coincidentally, most thought Avatar's visuals were mind blowing.


 

And everything else was mediocre.... Im seeing some similarities
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 53 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/14/2007
Offline
8519 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010

Well, I thought it was a good movie overall. I liked the mythology and the creatures and stuff especially (which, coincidentally, is often why I like FF - the history of the worlds). But liking the world/creatures may have actually just been influenced by the incredible effects. Avatar was the best theater experience I've ever participated in, ever. That being said, I have no desire to see it outside of theaters EVER. However, if someone asked me to go, I'd go see it again in the theater.

 

Sorry to get off topic

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 53 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 05/08/2007
Offline
870 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010
best selling in Japan for consoles isn't really impressive because they've given up console gaming.  Portable gaming is where it's at over there.  Look at Dragon Quest IX, it's sold 4.17 million copies. 1.75 mil is nothing compared to that.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 53 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/28/2007
Offline
2096 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010

That's it, SE, stop vs. PS3 development immediately and put it on DS!

 

 

Now Playing: Aion, Torchlight
intel i7+ Radeon HD5850, go PC!
Click sig for my collection

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 53 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/18/2008
Offline
2532 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010
That or put it on the box also :3
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 53 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/28/2007
Offline
2096 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010

Or on Wii also, just avoidthe  PSP!

 

 

yea yea, I am going overboard.

 

Message Edited by wasabi5858 on 02-20-2010 06:50 PM
Now Playing: Aion, Torchlight
intel i7+ Radeon HD5850, go PC!
Click sig for my collection

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 53 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/14/2007
Offline
8519 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010

coffeerox wrote:
best selling in Japan for consoles isn't really impressive because they've given up console gaming.  Portable gaming is where it's at over there.  Look at Dragon Quest IX, it's sold 4.17 million copies. 1.75 mil is nothing compared to that.

One way to look at it is that nearly 50% of PS3 owners bought it in, what, 2 weeks? That's impressive. And I think that didn't keep into mind the PS3s that were purchased that week with the bundles, but I could be wrong about that. Then again, a whole lot of them probably bought a PS3 specifically for FFXIII, so...

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 53 (16 Views)
Reply
0 Likes