Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 20 2010
By: Sedatedlife Fender Bender 2984 posts

japanese FF XIII facts

52 replies 148 views Edited Feb 20, 2010
I have seen numerous people state here on the forums that the japanese version failed and flopped here is some facts. over 50% of the ps3 userbase purchased the game.FFXIII is the best selling game ever for the PS3 in Japan. It's also Japan's first PS3 game to sell a million .Famitsu readers consider FFXIII the best game of all time. sounds like it did great to me so dont buy into the trolls who constantly bash the game with misinformation and partial truths. buy the game and judge for youre self or rent if youre unsure.No game is perfect but FF XIII is far from the pile of manure some on these forums try to claim. Hope you all enjoy the game for what it is not for what it is not.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 53 (148 Views)
Gaming Beast
2532 posts

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 20, 2010
:[ I understand why you made this but.. Inc trolls and flaming.. I will be picking my copy up on our midnight release and will love it..I own the demo and just from that I can tell I will enjoy every minute of the game
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 53 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2984 posts

Feb 20, 2010
Average Rakuten score from users who HAVE played the game: 4.5/5. Famitsu score: 39/40. Dengeki score: 100/100 not looking bad for a game that supposedly the japanese hate. but of course a troll will follow and call all these scores bias for some reason.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 53 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Feb 20, 2010
Final Fantasy is mostly being review by men.  But it is more popular with girls.  Casual games and RPGs are games that girls play.  I myself am a guy, I like Final Fantasy XIII for the sci-fi and story and have already pre-ordered it along with the strategy guide.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 53 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2902 posts

Feb 20, 2010

Sedatedlife wrote: 
Famitsu score: 39/40

Didnt they give FFXII a 40/40?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 53 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2902 posts

Feb 20, 2010

Sadaiyappan wrote:
Final Fantasy is mostly being review by men.  But it is more popular with girls.  Casual games and RPGs are games that girls play.  I myself am a guy, I like Final Fantasy XIII for the sci-fi and story and have already pre-ordered it along with the strategy guide.

What the **bleep** are you talking about?
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 53 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
755 posts

Feb 20, 2010

lol, yea thats what i thought. rpgs and ff for girls? lol

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 53 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Feb 20, 2010

Sedatedlife wrote:
I have seen numerous people state here on the forums that the japanese version failed and flopped here is some facts. over 50% of the ps3 userbase purchased the game.FFXIII is the best selling game ever for the PS3 in Japan. It's also Japan's first PS3 game to sell a million .Famitsu readers consider FFXIII the best game of all time. sounds like it did great to me so dont buy into the trolls who constantly bash the game with misinformation and partial truths. buy the game and judge for youre self or rent if youre unsure.No game is perfect but FF XIII is far from the pile of manure some on these forums try to claim. Hope you all enjoy the game for what it is not for what it is not.

It will sell awesome here in the states as well. I have a little list started of all the whiners so we can posts how many of them get it :smileywink: 

Wise men wonder While strong men die.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 53 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8519 posts

Feb 20, 2010

Phantom11392 wrote:

Sedatedlife wrote: 
Famitsu score: 39/40

Didnt they give FFXII a 40/40?

Before I say anything, I want everyone to know, I could be WAY off on this one...
 Keep in mind, Famitsu does a 4-reviewer thing, where each gives a score out of 10. IIRC, there are 2 'hardcore' and 2 'casual' reviewers, which is why Demon's Souls got like a 33/40 or something. One reviewer thinks something different because the formula's changed from what they preferred in FFXII. 
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 53 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Feb 21, 2010
GameInformer gave it a 9.25.  They rarely miss.  It will be worth it for the hi def visuals alone.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 53 (148 Views)
0 Likes