Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Re: i hate the weapon system in ff8

Jul 7, 2003
Who doesn't hate FFVIII's weapon system?  First of all, you need tons of materials fo weapons, some of them extremely rare.  Second of all, there is no armor or accessories in the game, which just sucks. Third of all, collecting magazines to learn the proper items is also a pain.  Ugh...
RIP PSMVP StuTDavis
RIP Gaming Lounge

Ex-mvp Guru25
Current games: Beyond the Beyond
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 51 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jul 7, 2003
you guys are just lazy in fact u didnt have to play the card game to get lion heart half the boss fights gave you cards that u could card mode into the items or if u would accually take the time to appreciate it as the good game it is and not have it all handed to you you would have loved this game i know i did u just are americans that are getting lazier ever day even in the video games u want some one to do it for you the card game wasnt that hard in fact u were stupid if you didnt understand it. finak fantasy 8 is up there with 7 and there is nothing you can do to change that and you really did have armor in 8 the gardians gave it to you remember the junctions that allowed you to get more endurent to raise you vitality and your attack even giving you amunities to status effects you sorry if you didnt love 8 if i knew where you lived i would go there and kick your asses over and over because of the remaks you made there was only one thing wrong was that if you used magic you lost status and even then you didnt need to use magic that much not even against the final boss or utima weapon or omega because your attacks did just fine you really discust me and i hope i never see anything like this online again
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 51 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Jul 8, 2003

overall ff8 was THE worst ff game ever made!

the characters were cool but everything else was horrid!

das farken????
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 51 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Jul 8, 2003

The motherload wrote:

you guys are just lazy in fact u didnt have to play the card game to get lion heart half the boss fights gave you cards that u could card mode into the items or if u would accually take the time to appreciate it as the good game it is and not have it all handed to you you would have loved this game i know i did u just are americans that are getting lazier ever day even in the video games u want some one to do it for you the card game wasnt that hard in fact u were stupid if you didnt understand it. finak fantasy 8 is up there with 7 and there is nothing you can do to change that and you really did have armor in 8 the gardians gave it to you remember the junctions that allowed you to get more endurent to raise you vitality and your attack even giving you amunities to status effects you sorry if you didnt love 8 if i knew where you lived i would go there and kick your asses over and over because of the remaks you made there was only one thing wrong was that if you used magic you lost status and even then you didnt need to use magic that much not even against the final boss or utima weapon or omega because your attacks did just fine you really discust me and i hope i never see anything like this online again

First of all, accuser, you have to be the laziest poster ever. There is a little something in english we call punctuation, periods, commas, seimicolons, etc. And of course spelling and grammar.  Look into it. It makes whatever you wrote extremely difficult to read or understand, and even harder top respond to. 

A game shouldn't force you to play a minigame PERIOD.  No exceptions.  I hated it in BoF III and I hated it in FFVIII.  Fishing to get items to restore AP? Whatever happened to buying acorns in shops to heal AP? FFVIII's triple triad or constant fights to get items via mugging or dropping and of course drawing. Both are terrible options for a long time RPGer. Play an annoying minigame, or be bored to tears fighting the same enemies over and over again. Rubberband that controller to draw spells! I thought I retired that tool on the NES game Final Fantasy I. Either way, both methods are completely boring and repetitive. The weapon system is horrible, as I've already stated. Vitality isn't the same as having actual armor ever.   Yeah my vitality is high! Doesn't have the same ring as me obtaining the legendary Armor of Radiance for example. Not to mention no accessories.  FFVIII is just a horrible game. 

RIP PSMVP StuTDavis
RIP Gaming Lounge

Ex-mvp Guru25
Current games: Beyond the Beyond
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 51 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
277 posts

Jul 8, 2003

we all feal your pain and hate the wepon system

Kuppo
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 51 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Jul 9, 2003
Cloud, Riku, or Ansem.
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 51 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Jul 9, 2003

,stevey1002@aol.com wrote:
out of all the ff's i dislike 8 the most but its still ok. How do i overcome my fear of the weapon system?

Sorry about the last response. It was a mistake. Anyways, FF8 doesn't really place an emphasis on the weapon system. Even if you get the most powerful weapon for each character, which is pretty difficult, it doesn't raise their attack a whole lot, as it did in FF7. Emphasis in this game centers around GF's, Items, and Junctioning. If you're strong in those three areas, then having the best weapon doesn't really matter.
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 51 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jul 10, 2003

you are right it did focus on the gf's powers and abilities but the better your weapons the better the limit break so it does matter what one you have to be more powerful

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 51 (12 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1167 posts

Jul 10, 2003

,stevey1002@aol.com wrote:
out of all the ff's i dislike 8 the most but its still ok. How do i overcome my fear of the weapon system?

ff8 sucked i hate it..... burned my ff8 disks.......
favorite games i currently own: Castlevania: Lament of Innocence | Halo | Splinter Cell:smileytongue:andora Tomorrow | Devil May Cry | Golden Sun |
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 51 (12 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Jul 10, 2003
Use the card battle to get the items you need for the weapons and it'll be easier.  You need Quezacotl's card mod.
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 51 (12 Views)
0 Likes