Uncharted Territory
1827 posts

Re: i hate the weapon system in ff8

May 26, 2003

i hate everything about that stupid game man.

Killzone
Message 21 of 51 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22205 posts

May 26, 2003

,Majesty Of Fire wrote:

whats wrong with the weapon system? i didnt mind it @ all. the only problem i had with FFVIII was the magic setup.

I hated the magic setup and the draw system.
Message 22 of 51 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1624 posts

May 26, 2003

Think 255 stats is possible at lvl. 15? It is for me for Strengh + Vitality! No cheats no gs none of that crap.... play cards to get the items and draw magics from any source you can find like crazy! Learn GF's abilities from Cactur Island....

"Altima/Tripple + (     ) +40%+ 60%+ 20%(if you need it)" and you've beaten the game basically....

Ultimecia's first form died of 3 hits from Squall's Gunblade. (Note that 255 at lvl. 15 and lvl.100 are NOT the Same, 'cause the bosses have the same lvl. as Squall!!!!)

*Never beat Ultima or Omega weapon though.... just get to Ultima gives you a lot lvl.s.... as for Omega, I have bad memories about him so decided not to pick on him.... Terra Break! Just thinking about that cursed name makes me tremble....

Message 23 of 51 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
414 posts

Jun 25, 2003
Weapon system could use a little improvement but i hated the magic system!
Message 24 of 51 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
804 posts

Jun 28, 2003
at first i had a problem w/ the weapon system. then i realized that it didnt really effect junctions among other thing, the weapons just looked different and became stronger,
Message 25 of 51 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Jun 28, 2003

I didn't mind the weapon system.  If you wanted to upgarde your weapon, it made you go out and hunt for rare items, which I found fun.  I did like the "Junction System".  I had the patience for drawing magic,  however I do agree with some of you that it could of been engineered better.

The key to Final Fantasy VIII was having a good junction.  As long as you had this, your foes were pretty easy.  On other games, if the player got stuck at a boss, they would just go and level up.  This is different in this game, because your enemies will always be in proportion with your party's total level.  So leveling up, wouldn't help, but could make the game harder than it could of been.  The Junction System made the player think on how they were to configure their party, and gave alot of customability to each chracter's strength.

Even with the benfits of the Junction System, there were some flaws.  An obvious flaws is that the player would probably become a "magic whore."  If the player were to use the same magic that they were using for a junction, the corresponding stat would decrease.  I wished that the player would of been able to collect 200 of a spell, but limit a maxium of 100 of that for juction. 

Message 26 of 51 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4285 posts

Jun 28, 2003
The Junction system was awesome. I allowed total customization of your charcters. they could be any kind of fighter you wanted them to be. its a really fun and inovative system. and actually, I hated the materia system, fighting 1,000+ battles for one materia level increse is too time consuming and boring.
Message 27 of 51 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
428 posts

Jun 28, 2003
I have the FF8 cards in reality I dont remember where i got them but I did. I have alot of the bosses and I have two character cards Squall and Selphie.

Anways I loved the systems in FF8 for you can, before a boss, cancel out certain effects with the stats and num them. Also wtih cards you could get rare items but it was hard for me to give up certain cards -_-' Even though it took along time to draw magic it was cool when you were in a battle you could draw magic from the enemy and either use it against them or use it on yourself the whole draw and cast sequences. You didn't have to wait after the battle to use them. And another thing that what was good was the fact you can draw G.F's the only down side was you couldn't use them in that battle. Over all FF8 systems were ookie dookie in my book!!

Haro Haro..
Message 28 of 51 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18314 posts

Jun 28, 2003

,stevey1002@aol.com wrote:
they should make the card game playable over online

I believe there is an online version. Search Google for the name of the card game + the text "online" I have seen somebody post about this before on a different forum.

Weapon system was fine with me. The magic system could use some work. I'm patient with the drawing. Hell, I tried to draw as many Demi as I can from Diablo the first time I fight him. I really like the suggestion of allowing 200 of each magic but junction 100 is the max. That way I can use my magic without fearing my characters growing weaker.

Message 29 of 51 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jul 3, 2003
but u gotta admit the junctioning system is one of the best there is
Message 30 of 51 (17 Views)
0 Likes