Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 09 2003
By: wetwilly6000~ Lombax Warrior 270 posts

grrrrr i cant seam to beat this one thing!

18 replies 13 views Edited Jul 9, 2003
in final fantasy x im not very far but i cant seem to beat that huge monster with the arms that black when you attk so you have to attk the arms unless you have magic ive hit him with everything i got and he wont die!!!!! my team is yuna tidus and auron i do ifrits over drive and after ifrits gone i attk and then summon valefor and he dies after a few hits and i attk again and the arms regenerate its mad i used auron and tiduses overdrive will nothing kill this jeeeez!!!!!!
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XII and kingdom hearts

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3638 posts

Re: grrrrr i cant seam to beat this one thing!

Jul 9, 2003

,wetwilly6000 wrote:
in final fantasy x im not very far but i cant seem to beat that huge monster with the arms that black when you attk so you have to attk the arms unless you have magic ive hit him with everything i got and he wont die!!!!! my team is yuna tidus and auron i do ifrits over drive and after ifrits gone i attk and then summon valefor and he dies after a few hits and i attk again and the arms regenerate its mad i used auron and tiduses overdrive will nothing kill this jeeeez!!!!!!

My strategy is prepare everyone's overdive. Then during the battle, just unleash every single overdrive you have! If this doesn't work, tell me, and I'll give you another strategy!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
277 posts

Jul 9, 2003
if we a talkin about kilika woods and lord ochu i do it right away when i frist can on my way to the temple i dont have ifrit i attack with kimarri lulu and tidus but by then sence i hang back and level up in besaid im about level 20 so its really not a problum
Kuppo
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3638 posts

Jul 9, 2003

,finalfanasynut wrote:
if we a talkin about kilika woods and lord ochu i do it right away when i frist can on my way to the temple i dont have ifrit i attack with kimarri lulu and tidus but by then sence i hang back and level up in besaid im about level 20 so its really not a problum

How do you know what level you are? There aren't levels in FFX, it's how you go through the sphere grid.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6527 posts

Jul 9, 2003

I know who your takling about...Sinspawn Gui..Heres a strategy i use-

Start off with Lulu, Wakka and Yuna. Occasionally, the head will begin to move. When this occurs, counter the impending attack with any long-range attack or spell. If you elect not to do so, be ready to use Yuna's Eesuna spell to reverse the effects of the boss's Venom attack. Attack and cast spells at the creature's head, and keep pummeling it unitl it dies and turns gray.

After eliminating the head, switch to a new strategy by bringing in heavy hitters like Auron and Kimahri. Eliminate the boss's arms first, since they will deflect any attacks to the body. If Lulu knows any second-level spells, she can eradicate an arm with a single casting. Make sure you rotate in all the characters, so that everyone receives the massive AP award. The arms will regenerate every third turn Gui takes, but the battle ends once the body is defeated.

Hope this helps..if not consult www.gamefaqs.com

.: July 16th - HP : HBP :.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
270 posts

Jul 9, 2003
thx guys ill go try it a couple of questions ok when your fighting how do you get ppl in and out? and for the get ppls over drive ready you just fight monsters until it is almost full i got that

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
277 posts

Jul 9, 2003

,The_Game_Guru wrote:

,finalfanasynut wrote:

How do you know what level you are? There aren't levels in FFX, it's how you go through the sphere grid.

sphere grid points
Kuppo
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
270 posts

Jul 9, 2003
before i try these out will someone answer the other question plz? thx!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6527 posts

Jul 9, 2003

,wetwilly6000 wrote:
thx guys ill go try it a couple of questions ok when your fighting how do you get ppl in and out? and for the get ppls over drive ready you just fight monsters until it is almost full i got that

To swtich party members press L1..To get peoples overdrive..fight untill it's full..not almost full.
.: July 16th - HP : HBP :.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
504 posts

Jul 10, 2003

,Perron wrote:

,wetwilly6000 wrote:

To swtich party members press L1..To get peoples overdrive..fight untill it's full..not almost full.

it depends on the overdrive mode for the character... for some, they only charge when they take damage, or the party takes damage, or when they heal others... there are at Least 8 different overdrive modes... and everyone doesn't have the same ones... so findout who has which overdrive mode, and exploit it. hope that helps
-Proud Sony owner since 2001 :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 19 (13 Views)
0 Likes