Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 30 2003
By: tj2002ls~ Lombax Warrior 207 posts

ffx2 100%completion *spoilers*

8 replies 2 views Edited Nov 30, 2003
ok its confirmed u cant get 100% completion on the 1st try............you can only get 100% by beating the game once then get 100% 2nd time around...........................also here is how you can get the good ending which is the 2nd best ending to the perfect one...................

First you'll have to meet with Maechen at Guadosalam in Chapter 3. You'll find him when you meet up with Logos and Ormi in the same area. Next you have to get the "whistling" scene with Yuna at the end of Chapter 3. When you're alone in the Farplane, move Yuna around and continually press the X button. You'll hear whistling. That means you have activated the event. Next thing you have to do is get an Episode Complete in Luca during Chapter 5. All you have to do there is visit the location where Tidus taught Yuna how to whistle. Next, get an Episode Complete in Besaid. Finally, once you have defeated Shuyin at the end of the game, keep tapping the X button to get your just rewards!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Re: ffx2 100%completion *spoilers*

Nov 30, 2003
I have done all those things on my first game through (except for beating Vegnagun)- so tell me why I can't have 100%.

Until someone can explain to me how you can't get 100% in one game I will continue working for it.

Message Edited by Nephythys on 11-30-2003 03:18 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Nov 30, 2003
you can get 100% it is in the stratigy guide
Aol or AIM: Cyro77787
FFXI-
Sever- Ragnorak
Name- Cyro
Gamer Advisory Panel Member
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
30058 posts

Nov 30, 2003

,Nephythys wrote:
I have done all those things on my first game through (except for beating Vegnagun)- so tell me why I can't have 100%.

Until someone can explain to me how you can't get 100% in one game I will continue working for it.,

Because there is a few small things that are only available in game+ mode. This is the same with the Crono series...they do it so you'll have replay value in the game.
Formally chaynes...
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Dec 1, 2003

chaynes wrote:

Nephythys wrote:

Until someone can explain to me how you can't get 100% in one game I will continue working for it.

Because there is a few small things that are only available in game+ mode. This is the same with the Crono series...they do it so you'll have replay value in the game.

ah ok, what things?

Basically you are saying the guide is inaccurate, which is not too much a surprise as I have found inaccuracies myself- but what things?

All a moot point now for me though because my son started a new game and accidentally saved over my 87% 35 hour game (been leveling up alot) He feels awful- but now I can fix things I did not do right before. No worries.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
30058 posts

Dec 1, 2003

,Nephythys wrote:

,chaynes wrote:

,Nephythys wrote:

Until someone can explain to me how you can't get 100% in one game I will continue working for it.,

ah ok, what things?

Basically you are saying the guide is inaccurate, which is not too much a surprise as I have found inaccuracies myself- but what things?

All a moot point now for me though because my son started a new game and accidentally saved over my 87% 35 hour game (been leveling up alot) He feels awful- but now I can fix things I did not do right before. No worries.

Exact differences I am not sure gamefaqs.com may have more exact answers.
Formally chaynes...
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7036 posts

Dec 1, 2003

in the NA version, they edited some percentage

thus,

you have to join both league to get 100%

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Dec 2, 2003

finalight wrote:

in the NA version, they edited some percentage

thus,

you have to join both league to get 100%

I was wondering about that. I noticed in Chapter 4 when you are doing the Commspheres that there is some % you get for talking to Pacce, but you can't if you gave the sphere to the Youth League.

HJumm, things start to fall into place. Too bad I have to now play it twice again instead of finishing the game I had and then playing again.

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7036 posts

Dec 2, 2003

yea, you're correct

I play two times, give the sphere to youth league twice...and **bleep**..

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes