Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

Re: ffx-2 BIG flop

Nov 25, 2003
Now I was under the impression that FFX2 actually did pretty well in Japan. Really I would be surprised if it didn't for a variety of reasons which I shall refrain from going into. I am not surprised that americans would have a few problems with it. If you have to take every Final Fantasy seriously then you definitely would not like the game. I order to appreciate X2, you do have to have a good humor and evaluate the game on its merit and not just its obvious... eccentricities.
Message 11 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7036 posts

Nov 25, 2003

,moocha01 wrote:
Basically, you are right the game is a tie-over until XI or XII is out for PS2 (well, we know XI is already out on PC).  This sequal to X is not has facinating as the original was.  So far to me I can definately say that I enjoyed X far better.  You are only limited in the number of characters you can use. The graphics are a little better but things that you're use to doing in X you cannot do in X-2.  I can see the why the japanese side of the the gaming world would be a little disappointment.  An All girl cast?  The only guys in the game are those who accompany the villan and nonplayables with the girls?  Not saying that I hate it being all girl but I would have preferred that some playables be male.  And instead of you just going and fighting the bad guys and following a straight stroyline, you have more side quest type gaming, to obtain things you need.  I really don't dislike the game but I just dislike some of the major changes in the aspects of the game.  The only purpose in the story is to find Tidus.  In X you had multiple accomplishments, beat Sin, Tidus finding out about his father, Yuna decision of being a Summoner or to be normal.  There were different aspects to X than just one purpose...  I think this game should be the same.  Now this is only my initial observation of this game not final.  Once I have played it I may post my own personal review of the game without spoilers...

FFX-2 has also other purposes besides finding Tidus.

It's to save the world from vengagun..:smileyhappy: finding out who's Lenne and how is she related to Tidus(you know this isn't right but that's what Yuna thinks in the game)

Message 12 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1950 posts

Nov 25, 2003
If your going yo bash FFX-2 dont its a great game alot better than IX and at some points X its ment to be fun and you have to have a good scense of humor and the quest isn`t only finding Tidus its also about Yunas quest for self discovery you might understand this game better if  you have watched the eternal calm preqeul movie if you don`t like the game fine but your too serius about RPGs this was ment to be a light hearted twist in the final fantasy sereis think of it as a experiment with something new and no this game isnt crap and a way to save money if they wnated to save money they would have made the girls jump back all the same when they`re in the same dress but they dont you can hate this game but you don`t know what your missin this is a great game and is worthy of the FF logo im sure many will agree and disagree my point is don`t judge this till you have played it at least once through or shut up and if you dont like it try something like disagea thats new but you will probally complain about that too cause its done in the anime style of drawing and its not a traditonal RPG just like FFX-2
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 13 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Nov 25, 2003
I think Final Fantasy X-2 sounds like a pretty good games. I think one of the things I like the best about it is the clothes grid and the battle system. I've also heard you can mess with the clothes grid in mid-battle.
Somebody onde told me that viruses aren't living creatures. If they aren't living then how can we kill them, how could they become "extinct", and how they do things like infecting cells and moving?
Message 14 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3753 posts

Nov 25, 2003

,finalight wrote:
I like the scene when they're in the hot spring..if you guys play that stage, you would know what happen there

Yup *3 girls in bikinis*

More proof that it sells on the sexual aspect of the girls to cover up a really half-*ss story.

Message 15 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1624 posts

Nov 25, 2003

,moocha01 wrote:

Basically, you are right the game is a tie-over until XI or XII is out for PS2 (well, we know XI is already out on PC).  This sequal to X is not has facinating as the original was.  So far to me I can definately say that I enjoyed X far better.  You are only limited in the number of characters you can use. The graphics are a little better but things that you're use to doing in X you cannot do in X-2.  I can see the why the japanese side of the the gaming world would be a little disappointment.  An All girl cast?  The only guys in the game are those who accompany the villan and nonplayables with the girls?  Not saying that I hate it being all girl but I would have preferred that some playables be male.  And instead of you just going and fighting the bad guys and following a straight stroyline, you have more side quest type gaming, to obtain things you need.  I really don't dislike the game but I just dislike some of the major changes in the aspects of the game.  The only purpose in the story is to find Tidus.  In X you had multiple accomplishments, beat Sin, Tidus finding out about his father, Yuna decision of being a Summoner or to be normal.  There were different aspects to X than just one purpose...  I think this game should be the same.  Now this is only my initial observation of this game not final.  Once I have played it I may post my own personal review of the game without spoilers...

FFXI is one Ever Quest with a few FF elements in it... so, if you are a big FF fun and never played any MMORPG in your whole life - FFXI will be the best MMORPG you've ever played (considering that's the only one you will play)... 

To the rest of you who have had enough MMORPGs, FFXI sucks in the same way, the story is not that impressive trust me... and leveling is hard and boring in FFXI... as for everything else, play EQ all over again, you aren't really missing anything...

Message 16 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3753 posts

Nov 25, 2003

,maricam wrote:

And now you're alleging that Square is at it again, putting out a fluffy game just to occupy us until they release their next "quality" game.  While there is some financial sense to this tactic, what I don't think they realize is that we are paying attention, and if they put out enough garbage inbetween the quality, we aren't gonna be all that quick to run out and buy the quality games.  We also won't be telling anyone who will listen that the Final Fantasy series is outstanding through n' through the way we used to.  Now, we're left saying, "There are some good games in the FF series...but not all of them are worth looking at."  This is how I see it anyway.

That is true, but if the garbage sells millions of copies and get ridiculously high scores by sites and magazines reviewing it, then they feel vindicated enough to make more such games.

FFXII is going to have to be a smashing blockbuster that reaches all levels of gamers--not just the little kids, not just the old timers, but everyone.  It must be inclusive of all gamers, must offer something for everyone to relate to, otherwise I think FFXII may be the beginning of the end for Final Fantasy.  Speaking as an adult gamer who has followed and bought the series from the first NA release, if Square releases yet another "teens save the world" game, I suppose it will be time for me to move on.  Enough already!  It's gamers like me who helped build this market in the first place.  Square has all but abandoned us in favor of the quick buck, churning out kiddie game after kiddie game.  If they don't give me some quality soon they'll be losing more than they think.  Shamelessly marketing games to whatever the current teen demographic is cannot sustain the company for long.  Eventually even these kids are gonna grow up and want something more.  That's my opinion.

That's my opinion, too. Sadly I do think the next one will be another "teens save the world" FF when given how young the two main characters are. Hell Vaan looks like he just came out of junior high.
Message 17 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
30058 posts

Nov 25, 2003

,seoulsnake wrote:

over here in korea and japan this adolecent charged gamne has flopped soo hard, ppl seem soo mad that this has the ff logo on it, from what ive seen...i have to agree

but my thoughts aside, how do you feel about this game? some say its a good game but  worthy of the ff series....what are your thoughts on this latest addition to the game? good and bad

(btw im not bashing ff..im a huge fan,)

ugh the game did not flop in Japan it sold over a million copies and many over did like it, so you are just speaking for yourself. However I will say from what little I played of it, it's definitely not my favorite FF game at all, ranks with FFIX ugh on that one.

Message Edited by chaynes on 11-25-2003 04:53 PM

Formally chaynes...
Message 18 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Nov 25, 2003
I just beat the game and have to say, I loved every moment of it!  The game was great in my opinion.  I was a little skeptical like some people about the fact that it was all girls and the dress spheres sounded kinda weird.  But being a Final Fantasy fan, and since FFX was great, I picked up a copy and am very glad that I did.  If you liked the first Final Fantasy X, then I think you'll love this one just as much!  The story is great, and it even includes New Game+ to allow you to start the game over again at the same level you were and with all the dress spheres you earned the first time through.  Then you can write a whole new story.  This adds great replay value to the game.  Pick up a copy of the game if you haven't already!  I have one suggestion though.  You should watch the Eternal Calm movie before playing the game.  It really helps you to understand the reason they became sphere hunters.  OPM (Official Playstation Magazine) included an English version of the Eternal Calm on their demo disc for November issue (Issue 75).  If you haven't seen it already, hurry and pick up a copy of the magazine before it's too late.

Message Edited by XenoCitan on 11-25-2003 03:38 PM

Message 19 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9154 posts

Nov 26, 2003

seoulsnake wrote:

over here in korea and japan this adolecent charged gamne has flopped soo hard, ppl seem soo mad that this has the ff logo on it, from what ive seen...i have to agree

but my thoughts aside, how do you feel about this game? some say its a good game but  worthy of the ff series....what are your thoughts on this latest addition to the game? good and bad

(btw im not bashing ff..im a huge fan,)

i dont like it... they shouldnt of called it ffx-2... maybe Yunas adventure... the game isnt to my liking so far...
Message 20 of 31 (0 Views)
0 Likes