Message 11 of 14 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9154 posts

Re: ff8's magic is useless......

Jul 24, 2003

chaynes wrote:

sephiroth10 wrote:

it hardly does any damage and everyone is on lv.100! do you use it often? i only use it for junctioning to my charecters

you need the spells from Islands Heaven and Hell and have the right spells junctioned to be most effective.

yea use encounter none and go to the island of hell and just walk around hitting X and u'll find draw points everywhere...and aura is my fave magic lol aura protect and haste are my best friends

but i really dont use GF's or magic to attack ppl in FF8 i use regular attacks and then cast aura on Squall and Zell and let them use their limit breaks... GF's and magic are only good for making u stronger... and junction sleep so that u put the opponent to sleep =0P
Message 12 of 14 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Jul 24, 2003
Hey, this brings up an interesting point. Does anyone think that it's completely silly the way that hitting a creature with a stick does just as much (if not more) damage then summoning a thunder god and electrocuting the crap out of it? lol. I mean, if the creature's immune to or absorbs lightning, then I can see it, but in general, once you get up in the levels on most RPGS, your physical attacks do way more than your magic, and that's just WRONG if you ask me. Vivi should've won the Festival of the Hunt NO PROBLEM!
Message 13 of 14 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Jul 24, 2003
FFVII's attack magic is essentially worthless.  Even Ultima, the best attack spell, does little damage. Only Rinoa and Selphie ever really have a lot of magic attack power.  If you are really want spells to be strong, junction a strong spell to magic on one of these characters, then in battle haste/aura and use either Selphie's slots or Rinoa's Angel Wing to see some real magic.  Since neither will waste your stored magic either, you are golden since it won't affect your junctioned stats.
RIP PSMVP StuTDavis
RIP Gaming Lounge

Ex-mvp Guru25
Current games: Beyond the Beyond
Message 14 of 14 (13 Views)
0 Likes