Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
621 posts

Re: ff8 help... (possible spoiler**)

Jul 18, 2003

,Themotherload wrote:
all of my characters have max status and with minor junctions like fire and water

I know that you can refine the main stat boosting items quite easily, and some of the GFs in your party can learn Stat Bonus abilities, like Cactaur, Siren, Ifrit, and others. I know that Cactaur has the most, though, and he comes with them when you acquire him. He has HP, Vitality, Strength, Magic and Spirit Bonuses, but your characters only have a maximum of four ability slots. You can also Devour enemies to acquire stat boosts, and you can refine items bought at the Esthar Pet Shop to make any of the five main stat boosting items. Is this what you mean by a loophole?
Message 11 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jul 18, 2003
ok heres the secret you got throught the game till you get cataur only using qustis selphie and rinoa if you ar forced to use one of the guys kill him so he doesnt gain experience then after you get jumbo cactuar equip all his bonuses excapt magic so you have vit str sp and hp bonuses then level up till you have 3599 hp without and junction and junction full-life to health you have 9999 with out +80% then in place of hp bonus put the magic keep doing this till your at level 99 or 100 whereever it stops and junction fire water or what ever gives you max status if you come a little short refine the ups now you'll see that you have better spells to put on your elemental defences ultima works greate on elemental and there you have it its easy as long as you dont level up your magic might come a little short of 255 so just use magic ups or +40% which either works and you also gain more room for gf abilities so you can have stuff like initiative**(hope i spelled it right) and other stuff good luck

Message Edited by Themotherload on 07-18-2003 11:30 AM

Message 12 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Jul 18, 2003

I wouldn't really do things that way. If you used the money trick like I said earlier, then all your characters would have been able to max out their five main stats. The way you're doing it, your other characters will be maxed out, but not without the aid of Junctions, and plus, Sephie and Quistis would remain weaker than the rest of your party. Trust me, do it the other way. You'll save yourself a lot of time, and you'll only need to Junction magic to Speed and Luck.

Here's a little conversion table for you, if you decide to use that money trick that I had mentioned with the Mesmerizes in the Esthar Plains. It's sooooo much easier this way. Here's what you need. Tonberry and his Familiar command, Eden's GFAbl Med-RF, Doomtrain's Forbid Med-RF, Carbuncle's Recov Med-RF, Diablos/Bahamut's Mug, Tonberry's Sell High, Haggle, and Call Shop, and his Lvl Up Command equipped on one of your characters, but not on the same character that has the mug, just so you can save time.

Visit the Esthar Pet Shop once so that it'll be available in the Call Shop window. Fight the enemies in the Esthar Plains. You'll usually face off against Mesmerizes. Use Lvl. Up on them and mug them for all they're worth. This will result in a ton of Mesmerize Blades. Convert them all into Mega-Potions with Carbuncle's Recov Med-RF, and sell them to any of the stores you've already visited. This will result in 1.5 million Gil for every 100 Mesmerize Blades in your possession. Now, use the Call Shop window and bring up Esthar's Pet Shop. These are the steps needed to make each stat boosting item.

HP Up:

1. 100 Giant's Rings
2. 1 Gaea's Ring
3. 1 HP Up
Devour: Devour Ruby Dragons that are Lvl. 30 or higher or Devour Rinoa at the Lunatic Pandora

Str Up:

1. 100 Power Wrists
2. 10 Hyper Wrists
3. 1 Str Up
Devour: Devour T-Rexaurs that are Lvl. 30 or higher.

Vit Up:

1. 500 Vit-J Scrolls
2. 50 Orichalcums
3. 5 Adamantines
4. 1 Vit Up
Devour: Adamantoises that are Lvl. 30 or higher.

Mag Up:

1. 100 Hypno Crowns
2. 10 Royal Crowns
3. 1 Mag Up
Devour: Behemoths that are Lvl. 30 or higher.

Spr Up:

1. 100 Force Armlets
2. Magic Armlets
3. Spr Up
Devour: None

It may take a while, but it isn't hard. Not by a long shot, compared to what you're doing.

Message 13 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jul 19, 2003
my way worked for me and i did it throught the story line and not through like a side quest and i already now the money trick and i dont need to level up the 3 girls cause i dont use them for all i care they can burn in hell haha my way to me was much easyer than what your doing that is to much of a hassle going a getting mezmerizes and buying **bleep** no thats not the way nor devouring its too much of an iffy thing cause ruby can kill you fast at any level and you have to weaken them my way is alot better and easyer but you can do it your way doesnt bother my at all
Message 14 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jul 19, 2003

oh ya heres an easyer money trick buy 100 tents turn them into mega potions and sell them much faster newbie hahaha

Message 15 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9009 posts

Jul 19, 2003
,Themotherload wrote:
oh ya heres an easyer money trick buy 100 tents turn them into mega potions and sell them much faster newbie hahaha
Please use the edit button instead of double posting. If you don't know how to check out Rafe's New User Guide in my sig.
Weekly Highlights #27 | Community News | New User Guide | Contact SCEA
Sony Technical Support: 1-800-345-SONY (1-800-345-7669)

PS.com Moderating Team: Member first, Moderator second.
The views expressed in this message are in no way the official views of SCEA and are of a personal nature.
Message 16 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jul 19, 2003
hey i'll do what ever the f u c k i want to
Message 17 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jul 19, 2003
and its 2 different subjects so they belong on different posts
Message 18 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9009 posts

Jul 19, 2003
,Themotherload wrote:
and its 2 different subjects so they belong on different posts
Than use the quote button so we know.
Weekly Highlights #27 | Community News | New User Guide | Contact SCEA
Sony Technical Support: 1-800-345-SONY (1-800-345-7669)

PS.com Moderating Team: Member first, Moderator second.
The views expressed in this message are in no way the official views of SCEA and are of a personal nature.
Message 19 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Jul 19, 2003

,Themotherload wrote:

Did you just call me a newbie? OK, well how about this: fighting a Mesmerize is common in the Esthar Plains. Mug one of them and you get 12 Mesmerize blades. 12 Mesmerize blades makes 24 Mega-Potions. Who's the newbie now? Buying four tents just to convert into one Mega-Potion will only get you 4500 Gil profit for every one you sell back with Sell-High and Haggle! Plus, you need 400 Tents for ever 100 Mega-Potions, while if you do it my way, you need 50 Mesmerize Blades for every 100 Mega-Potions! So while you're fumbling with menus, I'll be out making Gil EIGHT TIMES FASTER THAN YOU!

And by the way. I have been playing FF longer than you, so don't tell me that I'm a newbie. I know more about Final Fantasy than you'll ever know.

Message 20 of 20 (6 Views)
0 Likes