First Son
24 posts

Re: drawing vs mp

Jul 18, 2003

In my opinion, it's a toss-up.

DRAW: Drawing could have been a stroke of genius when it was created. Venturing outside the limits set by MP and magic, you could "junction" magic onto your characters. This gets rid of the need for armor or accessories and lets you focus more on items, weapon upgrades, and refinery items with your gil. Early in the game you can attain a distinct advantage over any enemy at any time. Then, of course, there's casting drawn magic. Now that you have your magic junctioned insanely to your MAGIC status, your spells do incredible damage for a very low cost. I normally draw and cast cure magic instead of attack magic, because I rely on Limit Breaks for the most part. Besides, this new system developed a brand new strategy of gameplay which I found challenging and refreshing.

MP: The classical type of magic. Everyone loves MP. Everyone strives to level up tons in order to achieve top-notch HP and MP. With this, magic is literally discovered as opposed to draw-points, enemies, or refining. You can develop characters that way, as well, since most of the systems give you bonuses or subtractions from your status (FFVI, FFVII). The only problem with MP was the fact that you could not summon over and over again without "refueling". This makes quite a challenge for the Weapons and Sephiroth. But, then again, magic plays a much more active role with the MP system. It is used much more often, whereas with the Draw system, it is mostly used to boost your status.

In a nutshell, Drawing can create a God-like character quickly, but hardly easily, and it requires decent knowledge of what the heck the junction system is to make good use of it. I love it. On the other hand, MP is more convenient and does not have limits except a number: 999. I love both systems.

Now, Chrono Cross, on the other hand... Nah. Won't get into that. I liked that, too, but that's a whole nother subject. lol

"...Heeheehee...
Grandmaaaa...!"
-Galbadian Soldier after eating Badamb Fish
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20726 posts

Jul 18, 2003

,Diamond Edge wrote:

In my opinion, it's a toss-up.

DRAW: Drawing could have been a stroke of genius when it was created. Venturing outside the limits set by MP and magic, you could "junction" magic onto your characters. This gets rid of the need for armor or accessories and lets you focus more on items, weapon upgrades, and refinery items with your gil. Early in the game you can attain a distinct advantage over any enemy at any time. Then, of course, there's casting drawn magic. Now that you have your magic junctioned insanely to your MAGIC status, your spells do incredible damage for a very low cost. I normally draw and cast cure magic instead of attack magic, because I rely on Limit Breaks for the most part. Besides, this new system developed a brand new strategy of gameplay which I found challenging and refreshing.

MP: The classical type of magic. Everyone loves MP. Everyone strives to level up tons in order to achieve top-notch HP and MP. With this, magic is literally discovered as opposed to draw-points, enemies, or refining. You can develop characters that way, as well, since most of the systems give you bonuses or subtractions from your status (FFVI, FFVII). The only problem with MP was the fact that you could not summon over and over again without "refueling". This makes quite a challenge for the Weapons and Sephiroth. But, then again, magic plays a much more active role with the MP system. It is used much more often, whereas with the Draw system, it is mostly used to boost your status.

In a nutshell, Drawing can create a God-like character quickly, but hardly easily, and it requires decent knowledge of what the heck the junction system is to make good use of it. I love it. On the other hand, MP is more convenient and does not have limits except a number: 999. I love both systems.

Now, Chrono Cross, on the other hand... Nah. Won't get into that. I liked that, too, but that's a whole nother subject. lol

There's a materia on Final Fantasy VII that (for some reason) will let you switch your MP and HP, so you can have up to 9999 MP (but you'll only have 999 HP). I haven't found much of a use for it yet, but that's not terribly surprising.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1977 posts

Jul 18, 2003
yeah MP is better i thinkl. besides now in the FF games all u really gotta do is save and u get all your health and MP back! hehehe =^_^=
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20726 posts

Jul 18, 2003

,moogleXrez wrote:
yeah MP is better i thinkl. besides now in the FF games all u really gotta do is save and u get all your health and MP back! hehehe =^_^=
Definitely my favorite aspect of Final Fantasy X. That way I never had to buy anything so long as there was a savepoint around.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Jul 18, 2003

,moogleXrez wrote:

You don't even have to save! All you have to do is touch a save sphere and you're automatically recovered to full health! Aeons too!
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1977 posts

Jul 18, 2003

,xenoskippy720 wrote:

,moogleXrez wrote:

You don't even have to save! All you have to do is touch a save sphere and you're automatically recovered to full health! Aeons too!

i know seriously! it seemed a little TOO easy, but then again like Final Fantasy 1 for example was TOO hard. in that aspect i mean, cos in 1 you had to pay for EVERYTHING! tents, and to be revived even cos there is no pheonix downs! =^_^=
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes