Nov 05 2003
By: IPLAY2WlN Treasure Hunter 7266 posts

can anyone tell me the story...

19 replies 1 views Edited Nov 5, 2003
 of Final Fantasy...Ive never played the games before and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the story, and ive seen previews of the games and why does the movie look like it has nothing to do with the game?

Message 1 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12360 posts

Re: can anyone tell me the story...

Nov 5, 2003

There is no story of the Final Fantasy series... you'd have to ask which story for a specific installment.

The movie honestly was hardly tied to the game series at all.... only a central theme that the Earth is alive and must be protected which is a common theme in FF games..... otherwise............ it was a graphics display that bombed

Message 2 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
848 posts

Nov 5, 2003
Actually originally the central theme around the FF series was the crystal.  That's where the main Final Fantasy theme song comes from.  The crystal theme was brought back with the installment of FF9 and now FF Online *it's stupid to call it 11*
did you see that....................ho over there that that THAT.......nevermind ;op
Message 3 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1998 posts

Nov 5, 2003

yea... the crystal pops up here in there but there really is no set story, all the games are different...

Message 4 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1203 posts

Nov 5, 2003
there are connections tho. like in 9, theres alot in it that is from others. like "kains lance" and the valley after Lindblum, its named after a king, i think from 6. but yeah, theres some shared things. many games have crystals. i think 1 does, 2, maybe 3, 4, 5, 6, 9. but they are all their own game. well, except 2, 3, 4, and 6. 2=4, 3=6.

"Tell me friend, you ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?"
Message 5 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Nov 5, 2003

Uhh...right since I was confused by what others wrote, let me sum up what they're saying for you.

Each Final Fantasy has a new story, with new characters, and new places to go, as well as new EVERYTHING. There are only a few constant things in each FF, but really each one is an entirely different game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is it...This is your story" - Auron, Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy X-2 Stats:
Percentage Completion - 98%
Message 6 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

Nov 5, 2003

,IPLAY2WIN wrote:
 of Final Fantasy...Ive never played the games before and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the story, and ive seen previews of the games and why does the movie look like it has nothing to do with the game?

Each game is it's own, and the only thing each one may have in common is the Summons, item names, weapon names, and creatures such as Chocobo's, Moogles, or two guys by the name of Biggs and Wedge, oh and Cid.....thanks for reminding me Lionheart.

Other than that they are all different in every way, except for the base theme of saving the world.

Message Edited by Griever_08 on 11-05-2003 06:30 PM

-Griever_08

http://goo.gl/SjUkM
Message 7 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Nov 5, 2003

,Griever_08 wrote:

Each game is it's own, and the only thing each one may have in common is the Summons, item names, weapon names, and creatures such as Chocobo's, Moogles, or two guys by the name of Biggs and Wedge.

You forgot Cid!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is it...This is your story" - Auron, Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy X-2 Stats:
Percentage Completion - 98%
Message 8 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

Nov 5, 2003

,IamSamurai wrote:
Actually originally the central theme around the FF series was the crystal.  That's where the main Final Fantasy theme song comes from.  The crystal theme was brought back with the installment of FF9 and now FF Online *it's stupid to call it 11*
Yep, I feel the same way, I even made a thread about it about 6 months ago: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=finalfantasy&message.id=2322

-Griever_08

http://goo.gl/SjUkM
Message 9 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes
Final Boss
28533 posts

Nov 5, 2003

,FF_Master777 wrote:
there are connections tho. like in 9, theres alot in it that is from others. like "kains lance" and the valley after Lindblum, its named after a king, i think from 6. but yeah, theres some shared things. many games have crystals. i think 1 does, 2, maybe 3, 4, 5, 6, 9. but they are all their own game. well, except 2, 3, 4, and 6. 2=4, 3=6.
What you should mention is that in Japan, their 4 and 6 are our 2 and 3. For whatever reason, we were denied the actual Final Fantasy 2 and Final Fantasy 3. So there (referring to Japan) 2, 3, 4, and 6 are all different games.
Message 10 of 20 (1 View)
0 Likes