Dec 01 2003
By: jpb_28 Uncharted Territory 1607 posts

battle system?

11 replies 1 views Edited Dec 1, 2003
is the battle system in this game like lord of the rings where you get to use the buttons to attack the enemy or like diablo where you just click on your enemy and you attack him automatically?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8971 posts

Re: battle system?

Dec 1, 2003

,rpg maker 2 wrote:
is the battle system in this game like lord of the rings where you get to use the buttons to attack the enemy or like diablo where you just click on your enemy and you attack him automatically?
in all of them, you give your character commands, and they do them. but in FFX-2 you can do combos.
-------------------------------------------------------------
AIM sn: PM me is you really want it.
>xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
404 posts

Dec 1, 2003
how on earth can you do combos besides Trigger Happy? My girls can only do one attack at a time...unless they "attack" really fast, but that hasnt happened yet.
A Member of the Gamer Advisory Panel since 9.2.04
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7195 posts

Dec 1, 2003
Each FF game has a unique battle system but basically their are Physical Attacks, Magic Attacks, Summons, and special abilities.  Most are simple, wait-your-turn, basic RPG games.  Try one, you'll like it.  I recommend FFVIII, X, or X-2.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8971 posts

Dec 1, 2003

,xXxHitmanxXx wrote:
how on earth can you do combos besides Trigger Happy? My girls can only do one attack at a time...unless they "attack" really fast, but that hasnt happened yet.
.....by trigger happy. thats the only way i know of.
-------------------------------------------------------------
AIM sn: PM me is you really want it.
>xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7195 posts

Dec 1, 2003
Rikku does a combo hit every time for me.  You just have to hit X right after she hits them the first time.  If you time it correctly, she'll do a combo or two.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1607 posts

Dec 1, 2003
so is the latest installment to this series x-2? and is it truly one of the best games out there?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7195 posts

Dec 1, 2003
Yes, technically it's the "latest" game in the series, and yes, I happen to think it is one of the greatest games out there, along with a ton of other people.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8473 posts

Dec 1, 2003

,xXxHitmanxXx wrote:
Actually you have to play with the timings, if you land blows on the enemi one after the other, you can chain up the combo hits, even magic works.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
615 posts

Dec 1, 2003

,kknd wrote:

,xXxHitmanxXx wrote:
Actually you have to play with the timings, if you land blows on the enemi one after the other, you can chain up the combo hits, even magic works.

Yup he's right.  I use Paine as my Black Mage / Fighter and I've had her combo with spells.

Like if she is casting Fira, and Rikku hits at about the same time it will combo.

The best way to do combo's I've found is to try to use timing the meter that tells when you attack.

Like sometimes I think I need to take away more HP from an enemy, so I will wait for both Rikku and Paine's bar to fill up, then I attack quickly and get the combo's. 

I think the combo's end up doing more damage with each hit.

EDIT: I mean the combo attacks do more damage than they would if they had not been combos. :smileyhappy: 

Message Edited by Markise on 11-30-2003 10:59 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes