Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 24 2010
By: Deiradinn Hekseville Citizen 305 posts

Yoichi Wada "FFVII" Remake

8 replies 95 views Edited Mar 24, 2010

LINK

--------------------------------------

Square Enix President and CEO Yoichi Wada has finally acknowledge the fan demand of Final Fantasy VII and has said that the Japanese publisher is willing to “explore” the possibility of remaking game. According to Wada:

Right now we don’t have a clear direction, but many fans have requested we remake Final Fantasy VII. We’re going to explore the possibility – whether or not we’re going to do it, if we’re going to do it, and the platform.

Last time we check, FF XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase has said:

If it were possible that we had all the right facilities and the right environment to be able to make and prepare a Final Fantasy VII remake within a year, we'd very much like a go at it!

Message 1 of 9 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Re: Yoichi Wada "FFVII" Remake

Mar 24, 2010

I'd prefer if they remade VIII, I didn't really like VII.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 9 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Mar 24, 2010

I'd prefer if they actually did something instead of talking about it for 10 years. :smileytongue:

Message 3 of 9 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6810 posts

Mar 24, 2010

Given Square's past productions, I would really NOT want a remake. I was amazed when I first saw the tech demo, but that time has come and gone. Look at the production of FFXIII, or even Advent Children.

It would literally go from being a borden-line PG-13 game to an all out PG experience. That is the basic shift I've seen from them this past decade. The voice actors would probably be the first thing to ruin it, then they'd probably cheese up the drama, and lord knows what else...

.:. .:.
Message 4 of 9 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1936 posts

Mar 24, 2010

Finally some posts that make sense! I would not like a FFVII remake, and lets just get over it please?

Final Fantasy VII was a great game and I have alot of memories with it, but lets leave it at that.

Example: Lunar Series remakes

I loved the Lunar series, so much that I bought both remakes of Silver Star and Eternal Blue. But I found myself bored with the same old story with just updated graphics.

Don't waste my time with a remake,  just make FFXV a hybrid of FFVII and FFX.

Message 5 of 9 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

Mar 24, 2010

Instead of trying to remake what people loved so much, put all of that effort into making something even better than what people wanted in the first place. Here's to XV.

Message 6 of 9 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Mar 24, 2010

I am ok with a remake, or no remake.

Regardless, what frustrates me is that SE seems to assume that any remake has to be done in the fanciest way possible, using the most current engine and technology they have. Why? They could with relative ease beef up one of their older game engines, or find one suitable, and stick with the 2D/3D hybrid that VII was at launch. Re-paint the backgrounds in Hi-Res. Re-render the models and animations in Hi-Res. Re-render the cutscenes in Hi-Res. Sort of like what was done for the GOW I/II compilation on the PS3. Add a few new monsters and spells and call it done.

It wouldn't take them the 3+ years they claim to be fretting over, and I suspect it would sell just as well regardless of the finished product. Now, that speaks to the fact that the community love for FFVII is not completely rational, but so what? It's a game. We love this game. We will buy this game again if it comes out, no matter what. From a business perspective, the math is simple, and I remain perplexed why SE doesn't just do it already.

Anyways, remake or no, the 'discussion' is getting rather stale. In fact, for that reason alone, SE should just do it, get it over with, as the 'discussion' may never end until they do...

Message 7 of 9 (95 Views)
Lombax Warrior
266 posts

Mar 24, 2010

Sweet nice post

Message 8 of 9 (95 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

Mar 24, 2010

As much as I want a VII remake. I'm afraid of what will happen if the current Square Enix handles it...

Message 9 of 9 (95 Views)
0 Likes