Dec 02 2003
By: CloudyWolf84 Treasure Hunter 7838 posts

Would'nt it be cool if.......

11 replies 11 views Edited Dec 2, 2003

.......Square Enix had a Final Fantasy FanFiction contest, and the winner would get their FanFic made into the next Final Fantasy? Maybe publish them on the Web so people could vote on their favorite one.

Seeing all the FanFic posts lately made me think of this. I think it would give all of us FF Vets a chance to get the type of Final Fantasy we've been missing.

-Griever_08

http://goo.gl/SjUkM
Message 1 of 12 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10152 posts

Re: Would'nt it be cool if.......

Dec 2, 2003

,Griever_08 wrote:

.......Square Enix had a Final Fantasy FanFiction contest, and the winner would get their FanFic made into the next Final Fantasy? Maybe publish them on the Web so people could vote on their favorite one.

Seeing all the FanFic posts lately made me think of this. I think it would give all of us FF Vets a chance to get the type of Final Fantasy we've been missing.

Great fanfiction is already out there in abundance. I can name off dozens of different fics I've read on FF alone and it wouldn't even begin to scratch the tip of the iceberg.

May I recommend a FFVII fic by a Madam Hydra called Conflicts of Interest, it can be found at www.madamhydra.net for anyone that is interested. Epic fanfic, and unfortunately incomplete, but boy do those 8 massive chapters keep you enthralled for days.

-I know nothing-
Message 2 of 12 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

Dec 2, 2003

,funky-fresh-dud wrote:

,Griever_08 wrote:

Great fanfiction is already out there in abundance. I can name off dozens of different fics I've read on FF alone and it wouldn't even begin to scratch the tip of the iceberg.

May I recommend a FFVII fic by a Madam Hydra called Conflicts of Interest, it can be found at www.madamhydra.net for anyone that is interested. Epic fanfic, and unfortunately incomplete, but boy do those 8 massive chapters keep you enthralled for days.

That's what I mean, would'nt you enjoy playing a game based on "Conflicts of Interest?"

-Griever_08

Message 3 of 12 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10152 posts

Dec 2, 2003

Griever_08 wrote:

That's what I mean, would'nt you enjoy playing a game based on "Conflicts of Interest?"

I would like many things, my fine grieving friend, lol. Yes, Conflicts of Interest is a marvelous continuation of the FFVII story, although I don't think it would be fitting for a Final Fantasy (although, with X-2 now here, I'm beginning to think all FF traditions are doomed).
-I know nothing-
Message 4 of 12 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

Dec 2, 2003

,funky-fresh-dud wrote:

,null,

Griever_08 wrote:

,null,

I would like many things, my fine grieving friend, lol. Yes, Conflicts of Interest is a marvelous continuation of the FFVII story, although I don't think it would be fitting for a Final Fantasy (although, with X-2 now here, I'm beginning to think all FF traditions are doomed).
I too worry about that.

-Griever_08

Message 5 of 12 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Dec 2, 2003

,Griever_08 wrote:

Yeah, that would be cool...
Message 6 of 12 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9154 posts

Dec 3, 2003

Griever_08 wrote:

yea that would be great... since square seems to be running outa good ideas for FF games...
Message 7 of 12 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2489 posts

Dec 3, 2003
sounds like a good idea but would Square-Enix actually pull through?,
Message 8 of 12 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
741 posts

Dec 3, 2003
would square really take that risk with there best selling series that rakes in all the cash. i dont think so. even though i would hate i'd buy it. im that stupid or that big of a fan. either way you would like to look at it.
Message 9 of 12 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10152 posts

Dec 3, 2003

,90210 wrote:
would square really take that risk with there best selling series that rakes in all the cash. i dont think so. even though i would hate i'd buy it. im that stupid or that big of a fan. either way you would like to look at it.

Explain what exactly the risk would be?
-I know nothing-
Message 10 of 12 (11 Views)
0 Likes