Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5263 posts

Re: Will You play FFXIV if there's no PvP?

Jan 13, 2010
an MMO without Pvp in not an MMO.
Message 21 of 64 (13 Views)
Wastelander
870 posts

Jan 13, 2010
I would be disappointed but yes I would play FFXIV without PVP.  If I wanted PVP I can just load up WoW with my Death Knight and Rogue (and Warrior if I could get back into the game and actually level him haha)
Message 22 of 64 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7656 posts

Jan 13, 2010

WH1SK3Y wrote:

Dani061094 wrote:

To have PvP you would have to have like a bad ff side and a good side right? like horde vs alliance? Are all the races in harmony in XIV? Are we talking about PvP say in arena matches ect.. or walking around the world and seeing some1 and killing them?

Sorry about my ignorance, I don't play MMORPGs although ffxiv could be my first

Message Edited by Dani061094 on 01-11-2010 08:22 PM

No you could do it where everyone is against everyone.  Like Age of Conan for example, you dont have to attack anyone but you have the choice.  Your buddie could attack you if he wanted to lol.  We used to trick people in the pvp areas on that game, id sit inthe middle and my buddie would invis and you could always get some guy/lady runnin by would attack me, then my buddie would pop out and it would be on, that was entertaining for a while.

That's one of the things I hate about PvP. I remember logging on to Lineage II for the first time. 5 secs later I was killed.

Message 23 of 64 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
542 posts

Jan 13, 2010
I hate PvP unless its an action rpg like rakion or s4 league so of couse Ill buy it. Thisll be my rpg that I pay monthly fees for but one of my MANY rpgs that I play, cant wait it looks awsome
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN+ Subscriber

Currently Playing: NHL 10, MNR, Red Dead Redemption, Transformers: War For Cybertron, Unreal Tournament 3 (PC)

Betas I've Participated In: MNR Closed Beta, Uncharted 2 Closed Beta, Playstation Home Closed Beta, Resistance 2 Closed Beta, LittleBigPlanet Closed Beta, MAG Private Beta, Medal Of Honor Closed Beta, AC Brotherhood (Code coming in August)
Message 24 of 64 (13 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11171 posts

Jan 13, 2010

chickenbonetom wrote:
heck no thank goodness there is tho. PVP is everythin to me at least y else would i waste hrs leveling up my chracter if I couldn't fight my friends who did the same to see whos the better man.

If I wanted to see who the better man was I'd simply play an FPS online. I have no interest in the epeen crapola that so many seem to think is vital. PvP should always be by choice and never forced. I refused to participate in PvP in WoW and FFXI. I see no reason to continue.

Message 25 of 64 (13 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

Jan 13, 2010

alex_the_awesome wrote:
an MMO without Pvp in not an MMO.

I agree 100%.

Message 26 of 64 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
927 posts

Jan 13, 2010
i will definitely still play XIV even if there is no PVP but PVP does make a MMO even more fun. its always fun to take a break from the quests and such and try your skills out against another player. PVP just gives you something different to do in the game so you dont get bored with doing the same old stuff. PVP should only be aloud in a certain area though and not all over the map and the game shouldnt be based around the PVP because it will get boring kind of fast. if any of you have played Knight Online before you know what im talking about. that game is based completely around PVP and its fun for a while but then it gets really boring. you just kill monsters and level up then go PVP and thats it. anyway have they set an actual date for the XIV to be realesed?
Message 27 of 64 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
445 posts

Jan 13, 2010

Neptunes78 wrote:

WoW isn'tonly popular because of it's PvP it's popular because any 12yr old can pick it up and jump right into it.  No there should not be a world PvP unless like someone else said it's going to be everyone -vs- everyone you have to remember the divider here is the city you decide to come from not your race.  So you would have people of the same race fighting against 1 another just because there from different cities? FFXI never was big on PvP and it wasn't the reason I stopped playing I stopped playing because a mob that says "Easy Prey" would cost me all my MP most my HP and give me 4xp.  For the other comments I was talking about Ballista or whateverit was called,  it was not in every zone and it did not happen often enough.  There were no real rewards for doing it either unlinke EF. Then sometimes you just want to duel weither it's for fun or to shut somebody up.

Message Edited by Neptunes78 on 01-12-2010 08:47 PM

Do you honestly believe that highlighted sentence?  

Message 28 of 64 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8406 posts

Jan 13, 2010

StealthKill47 wrote:
i will definitely still play XIV even if there is no PVP but PVP does make a MMO even more fun. its always fun to take a break from the quests and such and try your skills out against another player. PVP just gives you something different to do in the game so you dont get bored with doing the same old stuff. PVP should only be aloud in a certain area though and not all over the map and the game shouldnt be based around the PVP because it will get boring kind of fast. if any of you have played Knight Online before you know what im talking about. that game is based completely around PVP and its fun for a while but then it gets really boring. you just kill monsters and level up then go PVP and thats it. anyway have they set an actual date for the XIV to be realesed?

Nope, it's still TBA 2010. We do know the beta is coming, though;

http://entry.ffxiv.com/na/index.html

Message 29 of 64 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2065 posts

Jan 13, 2010

Jacks-over wrote:

Neptunes78 wrote:

WoW isn'tonly popular because of it's PvP it's popular because any 12yr old can pick it up and jump right into it.  No there should not be a world PvP unless like someone else said it's going to be everyone -vs- everyone you have to remember the divider here is the city you decide to come from not your race.  So you would have people of the same race fighting against 1 another just because there from different cities? FFXI never was big on PvP and it wasn't the reason I stopped playing I stopped playing because a mob that says "Easy Prey" would cost me all my MP most my HP and give me 4xp.  For the other comments I was talking about Ballista or whateverit was called,  it was not in every zone and it did not happen often enough.  There were no real rewards for doing it either unlinke EF. Then sometimes you just want to duel weither it's for fun or to shut somebody up.

Message Edited by Neptunes78 on 01-12-2010 08:47 PM

Do you honestly believe that highlighted sentence?  

I do, PvP has little to do with the popularity of WoW. People do like it because of the PvP, but not the majority.

WoW is popular because of how casual it is. It is not a hard core MMO. You don't have to spend hours of your life to make progress.

In WoW you can get mostly geared in epics by playing by yourself and never once joining a party. You can get fully geared in epics doing just 5-mans. You can get fully epic gear playing by yourself in battlegrounds and loosing every single game (you still get honor and marks). In other words, it's easy as hell and people like that.

Make Epic gear raid only, or only if you win in PvP, and then see how many people play WoW....

Message 30 of 64 (13 Views)
0 Likes