Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 24 2003
By: blueoakleyz Last Guardian 12360 posts

Will FFX make me love Final Fantasy?

17 replies 1 views Edited Aug 24, 2003

The topic/question is will FFX make me love Final Fantasy/make me want to get FFXI and thereby give up Everquest which I'm bored with/make me want to play FFX-2 (which is just Final Fantasy 12 right? X-2 is 12 anyway).

I played 2 and 3 on SNES through rentals and liked them but never was interested in buying them at the time... too expensive. I bought Final Fantasy 7 for the PS1 and played it, got bored a couple times until finally I actually stuck with it and beat the game (as well as made a gold chocobo).... I got FFVIII but found it so boring I eventually never started playing it again.

Will FFX (which I just bought) be enjoyable and exciting and make me want to be in the Final Fantasy world for FFXI?

Message 1 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21182 posts

Re: Will FFX make me love Final Fantasy?

Aug 24, 2003

,BlueOakleyz wrote:

The topic/question is will FFX make me love Final Fantasy/make me want to get FFXI and thereby give up Everquest which I'm bored with/make me want to play FFX-2 (which is just Final Fantasy 12 right? X-2 is 12 anyway).

I played 2 and 3 on SNES through rentals and liked them but never was interested in buying them at the time... too expensive. I bought Final Fantasy 7 for the PS1 and played it, got bored a couple times until finally I actually stuck with it and beat the game (as well as made a gold chocobo).... I got FFVIII but found it so boring I eventually never started playing it again.

Will FFX (which I just bought) be enjoyable and exciting and make me want to be in the Final Fantasy world for FFXI?

I think you have to be interested in MMORPGs to enjoy Final Fantasy XI. Personally, I do not care for MMORPGs, which means I don't care about Final Fantasy XI. I loved Final Fantasy X though. Final Fantasy X-2 (Ten 2) is the direct sequel to Final Fantasy X.
Message 2 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3092 posts

Aug 24, 2003

,BlueOakleyz wrote:

Final Fantasy X made me love Final Fantasy, so I bet that it will make you love it too!
Complete Final Fantasy Collection, and all beaten - next plz SE- My character - 75rdm/37blm http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?26362
Message 3 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Aug 24, 2003
in my opinino i think so i mean i was addicted to everquest and now im getting to the point where i dont care about it nemore i just go on to see my friends and help them. But i got final fantasy and i got addicted to it i mean i played it the first 3 days and i started playing at like 10 at night and wound up forcing myself to turn it off at like 5 in the morning. I think you will like it, its making wanna buy other FF games cuz that was my first on ( FFX) other than final fantasy tactics so give it a try i mean now that its a greatiest hits and 19.99 dollars
Message 4 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1624 posts

Aug 24, 2003
Not sure about you since people got diff. opinions, it sure made me hate FF even more *FFIX started it...*

Message 5 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4306 posts

Aug 24, 2003

BlueOakleyz wrote:

I didn't think much of FF X, nor am I interested in XI because I prefer the traditional rpg found in the earlier versions. I would suspect that the on-line game would be a lot like X as opposed to the earlier titles, so if you like X, then you *should* be able to stomach XI. I don't know that the game will have an impact on you liking the series though.
Message 6 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Aug 24, 2003
FFX has alot of sidequests and secrets that it'll keep you busy and probably alittle frustrated . I loved the graphics, scenery and cool voice -overs ..radical monsters .The high random encounters rate got me going crazy a couple of times ..over all a great buy ...
Ah.....The son of Jecht..
Message 7 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6527 posts

Aug 24, 2003

,BlueOakleyz wrote:

Hard to say..some people might find it really frusturating because of the Sphere Grid..i started with FF8..it got me hooked..maybe you should try something else other than X..X might make you hate it. I know people who loved the FF series but hated X.
.: July 16th - HP : HBP :.
Message 8 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9154 posts

Aug 24, 2003

BlueOakleyz wrote:

i hated ff10 i liked ff7 and 8 way more than 10
Message 9 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9154 posts

Aug 24, 2003

LateComer wrote:
FFX has alot of sidequests and secrets that it'll keep you busy and probably alittle frustrated . I loved the graphics, scenery and cool voice -overs ..radical monsters .The high random encounters rate got me going crazy a couple of times ..over all a great buy ...

*possible spoiler*

.....FF10 is the shortest FF out there.... u can finish it in 30 hours... if u do the omega ruins it'll take u a while but overall game play sux.. sincee Omega was down in 2 hits i considered it a waste of time

Message Edited by Gringita709 on 08-25-2003 04:22 AM

Message 10 of 18 (1 View)
0 Likes