Nov 06 2003
By: blueoakleyz Last Guardian 12360 posts

Will Americans ever see FF3?

8 replies 0 views Edited Nov 6, 2003

I just don't understand why in FF Chronicles it was FF4 and CT and not FF4 and FF3...

but will we ever see FF3? Perhaps as a game on the PSP?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1998 posts

Re: Will Americans ever see FF3?

Nov 6, 2003
that would be cool to see it on the PSP...
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12042 posts

Nov 6, 2003
I believe the answer to ? is that our FF4 is actually FF3 or is it FF2 is FF3 and thats why we never technically had FF3 in the states. Maybe some one else can confirm this but I'm pretty sure this is your answer. Truth is I'm not sure.

Message Edited by sarges24@hotmail.com on 11-05-2003 11:06 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Nov 6, 2003

Think of it this way kid... All the japs get the cool stuff, while US (haha) gets the crap they don't want/left over... So move there.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Nov 6, 2003
From what I know, Final Fantasy III was release in America but in SNES version back then right ?....  but they have never RE-release the game on PS except all others Final Fantasy Trilogy... since FF III was one of their best FF and problably they want to keep it for further machine (possible PSP) and try to keep the game the rarest to find and get in the market ....
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2804 posts

Nov 6, 2003

,NukerC wrote:
From what I know, Final Fantasy III was release in America but in SNES version back then right ?....  but they have never RE-release the game on PS except all others Final Fantasy Trilogy... since FF III was one of their best FF and problably they want to keep it for further machine (possible PSP) and try to keep the game the rarest to find and get in the market ....

No that was FFVI.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20731 posts

Nov 6, 2003

,BlueOakleyz wrote:

I just don't understand why in FF Chronicles it was FF4 and CT and not FF4 and FF3...

but will we ever see FF3? Perhaps as a game on the PSP?

First responding to this post:

What I can gather as far as Final Fantasy Chronicles goes is that Square decided that Chrono Trigger is flat out BETTER than Final Fantasy III. They aren't wrong in thinking that, and plus, it requires less effort on their part to just release two 16-bit games with a few extra animated/cg films instead of updating an entire 8-bit game to 16-bit ala Final Fantasy Origins. I believe we'll see III in America, either on the Game Boy Advance or on another Square Enix compilation since we still have a load of great games we haven't seen in America, from a couple of Dragon Quest titles, Seiken Densetsu 3, and countless other games we have seen, but not recently, like 7th Saga, Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Evermore, etc. Reason I say GBA is because Square Enix were actually looking into the possibilities of releasing Final Fantasy III on the GBA with updated graphics (as opposed to the Wonderswan like they did with Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II)...last summer. Nothing has materialized since, so I'm not sure what they're up to in that field.

In the other posts:

Final Fantasy IV was released as Final Fantasy II on the Super Nintendo, and Final Fantasy VI as Final Fantasy III. Both are easily available (or at least will be in a month) on the PlayStation. III (Japanese number order here) isn't even on the PlayStation, much less available in an official English form.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
493 posts

Nov 6, 2003

ff3 is so much fun

"Next we go to Kilika temple"-Yuna
"Hell no we're goin to K-Mart"-Zofobork bringer of bacon
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (0 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8473 posts

Nov 6, 2003

VII Says Goodbye wrote:

First responding to this post:

What I can gather as far as Final Fantasy Chronicles goes is that Square decided that Chrono Trigger is flat out BETTER than Final Fantasy III. They aren't wrong in thinking that, and plus, it requires less effort on their part to just release two 16-bit games with a few extra animated/cg films instead of updating an entire 8-bit game to 16-bit ala Final Fantasy Origins. I believe we'll see III in America, either on the Game Boy Advance or on another Square Enix compilation since we still have a load of great games we haven't seen in America, from a couple of Dragon Quest titles, Seiken Densetsu 3, and countless other games we have seen, but not recently, like 7th Saga, Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Evermore, etc. Reason I say GBA is because Square Enix were actually looking into the possibilities of releasing Final Fantasy III on the GBA with updated graphics (as opposed to the Wonderswan like they did with Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II)...last summer. Nothing has materialized since, so I'm not sure what they're up to in that field.

it's very likely that they will release any older dragon warrior games, since they actually remade DW1-2 and 3 in 16-bit for super familicom, Seiken Densetsu 3 will be a good one too (even though I prefer 2).

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (0 Views)
0 Likes