Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 25 2003
By: nicejeans~ First Son 8 posts

Why??

8 replies 1 views Edited Nov 25, 2003
Why do you like to play final fantasy and not other RPG's or why do play other RPGs if you do

http://www.geocities.com/alextroupe/FinalFantasyHobbies.html?1069645945812
yt
Message 1 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1998 posts

Re: Why??

Nov 25, 2003
i play final fantasy because the developers, art team, music scores etc etc are great.  not to mention great characters and story.  there are many many other rpgs i also play, such as xenosaga.  but i dont feel like listing all of them.  im sure somone else will pick up for me.

Message Edited by cloudstrife1988 on 11-24-2003 04:43 PM

Message 2 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Nov 25, 2003

I only play games made by Square-Enix, and my favorite series is Final Fantasy.

Message 3 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Nov 25, 2003

,cloudstrife1988 wrote:
i play final fantasy because the developers, art team, music scores etc etc are great.  not to mention great characters and story.  there are many many other rpgs i also play, such as xenosaga.  but i dont feel like listing all of them.  im sure somone else will pick up for me.

I play them for most of the same reasons as this guy...

Square makes great games, it's that simple. I loved the music in FFIX so much that I went out and bought the soundtracks to all the FF's I've played. Plus the plot to each story is amazing and different, but still retains some familiar bits.

Overall I'd have to say that the FF series is the greatest one out there...and I'm sure alot of gamers would agree 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is it...This is your story" - Auron, Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy X-2 Stats:
Percentage Completion - 98%
Message 4 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21181 posts

Nov 25, 2003

,Sephiroth2290 wrote:

If your only RPGs are by Square Enix, you're really missing out. There are a lot of great RPGs outside of Square Enix.

To answer the question: I enjoy the storys, characters, musical scores, and I enjoy RPG battle systems, whether they be turn based, action, real time, tactical, etc.

Message 5 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Nov 25, 2003
there is no doubt square makes great rpgs (not all of their games are good). i played a few good rpgs outside of square (legend of dragoon, xenosaga), but its basically the name SQUARE that catches my eye. without that name the rpg has to be really good for me to consider playing it. im sure many agree. what we need is something new, fresh, in the rpg scene to bring square some competition.
Message 6 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Final Boss
28533 posts

Nov 25, 2003

,s0v3r1gn wrote:
there is no doubt square makes great rpgs (not all of their games are good). i played a few good rpgs outside of square (legend of dragoon, xenosaga), but its basically the name SQUARE that catches my eye. without that name the rpg has to be really good for me to consider playing it. im sure many agree. what we need is something new, fresh, in the rpg scene to bring square some competition.

How would you know if it was really good if you haven't played it? Please don't say you go by what others say...

As for the topic...After I gave Chrono Trigger a go around...I wanted to play just about any RPG I could, and Final Fantasy is such a thing.  Since then, the Final Fantasy series has always managed to provide hours of entertainment...And of course hours of annoyance...But the entertainment usually outweighs the annoyance.

Message Edited by Sir_Crono on 11-24-2003 09:09 PM

Message 7 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Nov 25, 2003

,VII Says Goodbye wrote:

,Sephiroth2290 wrote:

If your only RPGs are by Square Enix, you're really missing out. There are a lot of great RPGs outside of Square Enix.

To answer the question: I enjoy the storys, characters, musical scores, and I enjoy RPG battle systems, whether they be turn based, action, real time, tactical, etc.

I tried a couple of RPGs not made by Square-Enix, but most of the ones I tried sucked.
Message 8 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3115 posts

Nov 25, 2003

Final fantasy are the best RPG. I like other RPG too like

xenosaga

chrono cross

chrono trigger

lord of the rings etc

Message 9 of 9 (1 View)