Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2336 posts

Re: Why not numbers?

Oct 22, 2003

i think they give the game a more mid-evil look(or at least the cover) and they DO use swords andbows(accasionally guns) but they use mid-evil weapons...

Nothing beats the sound of a hundred voices screaming in unison.....
-Kefka
Life is but a passing dream, but the death that follows is eternal.....
-Seymour
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
436 posts

Oct 22, 2003
I believe it is to give it a more classic look.
You did what?! This is going to have serious consequences my friend.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13770 posts

Oct 22, 2003

,Wakka333Blitzer wrote:
I just wanted to know why it is that the producers of FF games put Final Fantasy VII on the cover instead of Final Fantasy 7 or Final Fantasy VIII instead of Final Fantasy 8.  Do they have a certain reason for doing this??  Becuase believe it or not, there are some people out there that can't understand Rouman Numerals. (sp??)  Any ideas would be appreciated...

mainly i expect it looks more offical and cooler i guess,and you ar learning somethng new all at the same time,lol.
Raoul Duke: There's a uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, I dunno, electric snake, coming straight at us.
Dr. Gonzo: Shoot it.
Duke: Not yet, I want to study its habits.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
448 posts

Oct 23, 2003

,Wakka333Blitzer wrote:
Heheh...I like that word.   "Fantasy-fied"  lol

Heh, yea I think my g/f is wearing off on me. But I think hard disk drive has the most reasonable explanation here...
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
484 posts

Oct 23, 2003

why would they make it FF12 and not FFXII is there any proof? i think it would be weird to stop after so long

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
448 posts

Oct 23, 2003

,.:+DIVINE+:. wrote:

why would they make it FF12 and not FFXII is there any proof? i think it would be weird to stop after so long

I agree, but it would really mess with our heads wouldnt it? It seems like the thing for Square to do...lol
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3161 posts

Oct 23, 2003

,BlueSkreen wrote:

,.:+DIVINE+:. wrote:

I agree, but it would really mess with our heads wouldnt it? It seems like the thing for Square to do...lol

Only reason I can think of is that maybe consumers would mix XII up with VII, like sometimes people do on the forums here.  I sometimes mix up XI and IX if I'm not paying close attention.  Just the numbers though, once the game itself is discussed I'm usually like "Whoops!".
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
848 posts

Oct 23, 2003

,Wakka333Blitzer wrote:
Do you think anyone ever bought the wrong FF game by mistake cause they didn't know what the Rouman Numerals meant?  I think one of my friends bought FFVII instead of FFVIII. He thought that VII meant 8. lol

Youd think the cover art on the case would give it away

It's Roman numerals.

Plus it's not hard to mistake which games are which.  They teach Roman numerals in elementary for crying out loud, it's in almost every text book.

did you see that....................ho over there that that THAT.......nevermind ;op
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3161 posts

Oct 23, 2003

,IamSamurai wrote:

,Wakka333Blitzer wrote:
Do you think anyone ever bought the wrong FF game by mistake cause they didn't know what the Rouman Numerals meant?  I think one of my friends bought FFVII instead of FFVIII. He thought that VII meant 8. lol

Youd think the cover art on the case would give it away

It's Roman numerals.

Plus it's not hard to mistake which games are which.  They teach Roman numerals in elementary for crying out loud, it's in almost every text book.

,Yeah, especially for numeral ten and below, you only have to remember three different symbols! 
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

Oct 23, 2003

,Wakka333Blitzer wrote:
I just wanted to know why it is that the producers of FF games put Final Fantasy VII on the cover instead of Final Fantasy 7 or Final Fantasy VIII instead of Final Fantasy 8.  Do they have a certain reason for doing this??  Becuase believe it or not, there are some people out there that can't understand Rouman Numerals. (sp??)  Any ideas would be appreciated...

Well, VII and VIII ARE numbers........if there's people that don't know the their Roman Numerals up to at least 20........then they probably would'nt know how to play games either.

If they have a problem with Numerals.....then LEARN THEM!!!! LoL It's not Square Enix's concern.

-Griever_08

http://goo.gl/SjUkM
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes