Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 22 2003
By: Sir-Climhazzard PlayStation MVP 7204 posts

Why not numbers?

26 replies 1 views Edited Oct 22, 2003
I just wanted to know why it is that the producers of FF games put Final Fantasy VII on the cover instead of Final Fantasy 7 or Final Fantasy VIII instead of Final Fantasy 8.  Do they have a certain reason for doing this??  Becuase believe it or not, there are some people out there that can't understand Rouman Numerals. (sp??)  Any ideas would be appreciated...
Message 1 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8971 posts

Re: Why not numbers?

Oct 22, 2003

,Wakka333Blitzer wrote:
I just wanted to know why it is that the producers of FF games put Final Fantasy VII on the cover instead of Final Fantasy 7 or Final Fantasy VIII instead of Final Fantasy 8.  Do they have a certain reason for doing this??  Becuase believe it or not, there are some people out there that can't understand Rouman Numerals. (sp??)  Any ideas would be appreciated...
there was a thread earlier about whether numbers or roman numerals were cooler. I dont think they did it for any reason except to make it look cooler, which I agree with. I think roman numerals look much better than numbers.
-------------------------------------------------------------
AIM sn: PM me is you really want it.
>xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx
Message 2 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
720 posts

Oct 22, 2003

,Wakka333Blitzer wrote:

Personally, I think the Roman Numerals are much better than generic numbers.  It makes the title look more formal.  Now just wait until they come out with Final Fantasy MCMXCVII (that's Final Fantasy 1997)!
Message 3 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Final Boss
30058 posts

Oct 22, 2003

,Wakka333Blitzer wrote:

Roman Numerials usually are better looking visually and they've always done that for the series.
Formally chaynes...
Message 4 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
484 posts

Oct 22, 2003
ya dont u think FF1 FF2 and so on would look blah!

where as FFI FFII FFVII ect.. looks cooler!
Message 5 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7204 posts

Oct 22, 2003
Do you think anyone ever bought the wrong FF game by mistake cause they didn't know what the Rouman Numerals meant?  I think one of my friends bought FFVII instead of FFVIII. He thought that VII meant 8. lol
Message 6 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8755 posts

Oct 22, 2003

Wakka333Blitzer wrote:

The Roman Numerals are a big part of FF IMO. I don't think FF would stick with me if it wasn't for those I,II,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VIII,IX, and X's
Message 7 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
448 posts

Oct 22, 2003

It looks more "fantasy-fied"

Message 8 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7204 posts

Oct 22, 2003
Heheh...I like that word.   "Fantasy-fied"  lol
Message 9 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1998 posts

Oct 22, 2003
i heard for ffxii they will be using Final Fantasy 12 instead of Final Fantasy XII...
Message 10 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes