Feb 15 2010
By: DNAgent Fender Bender 4412 posts

Why isn't FFvsXIII & AgitoXIII on the PSN Store?

7 replies 31 views Edited Feb 15, 2010

I mean that as in why are there no videos for them? They've had trailers but the only thing in the Final Fantasy section is FF7 trailer, FF7 game, FF8 game, and FF13 videos.

I just don't see why they wouldn't add in FFvsXIII when it's a better game than FF13. I mean FF13 already flopped (of course you'll still have high sales because people will buy it based on the name regardless if it sucks and you'll have good ratings because of bribes with stuff like cookies and/or hype).

I don't have a problem with linear RPGs but FF13 takes it too far. It is literally nothing but running straight, getting into a battle, running straight, get into another battle, run straight, trigger cutscene, get into battle, run straight, etc. They need to stop wasting time & money advertising crappy games like FF13 and stick to showing good ones like FFvsXIII & AgitoXIII.

Message 1 of 8 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

Re: Why isn't FFvsXIII & AgitoXIII on the PSN Store?

Feb 15, 2010

The same reason we don't have demonstrations or commercials for jet packs. They don't have an estimated release date and don't want to release many details yet.

Just go watch that one trailer that was included with ACC on YouTube.

Message 2 of 8 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1784 posts

Feb 15, 2010

DNAgent wrote:

I mean that as in why are there no videos for them? They've had trailers but the only thing in the Final Fantasy section is FF7 trailer, FF7 game, FF8 game, and FF13 videos.

I just don't see why they wouldn't add in FFvsXIII when it's a better game than FF13. I mean FF13 already flopped (of course you'll still have high sales because people will buy it based on the name regardless if it sucks and you'll have good ratings because of bribes with stuff like cookies and/or hype).

I don't have a problem with linear RPGs but FF13 takes it too far. It is literally nothing but running straight, getting into a battle, running straight, get into another battle, run straight, trigger cutscene, get into battle, run straight, etc. They need to stop wasting time & money advertising crappy games like FF13 and stick to showing good ones like FFvsXIII & AgitoXIII.

maybe because FF13 isnt out in NA/EU yet?... use common sense instead of finding intricate ways to bash FF13... after FF13 releases, and square releases the next trailer for FF13vs... you can almost bet anything that it will be on the psn... afterall, your just complaining about a video...

and on a side note, you know next to nothing about FF13vs... yes, i also think it looks amazing but your just judging the book by its cover... it could turn out to be the worse FF in terms of gameplay, story, music, "linearty", etc etc... i think majority of people think it will be better just because its a ps3 exclusive (probably wont stay that way)... and even if it does, it doesnt automatically make it the better game...

Message 3 of 8 (31 Views)
Fender Bender
4412 posts

Feb 15, 2010

Horton23 wrote:

DNAgent wrote:

maybe because FF13 isnt out in NA/EU yet?... use common sense instead of finding intricate ways to bash FF13... after FF13 releases, and square releases the next trailer for FF13vs... you can almost bet anything that it will be on the psn... afterall, your just complaining about a video...

and on a side note, you know next to nothing about FF13vs... yes, i also think it looks amazing but your just judging the book by its cover... it could turn out to be the worse FF in terms of gameplay, story, music, "linearty", etc etc... i think majority of people think it will be better just because its a ps3 exclusive (probably wont stay that way)... and even if it does, it doesnt automatically make it the better game...

Sorry, but FF13 took the crown on that one and there are no signs of that garbage ever giving up the title of being the worst FF ever.

Message 4 of 8 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Feb 16, 2010

DNAgent wrote:

lol i love how so many people are putting so much faith in versus saying that its going to be one of the best final fantasies to date and going to save the series from the horrible final fantasy 13 just from watching a few traliers. 
iv heard that versus is going to be an action/third person shooter game ... do you have any idea how much 13 would be getting bashed right now if it had done the same thing. i can imagine people would be saying "i give up on ff, this game is way to different from all the other ff's and square has totally ruined the name that is final fantasy". but maybe not seeming as though all people care about is towns and mini games and not gameplay.
plus 13 is deemed a terrible game mainly becuase it is linear but nobody knows if versus is going to be the same.
so please stop judging 13 without playing it yet and especially don't judge versus from watching a few vids.  

Message 5 of 8 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
681 posts

Feb 16, 2010

DNAgent wrote:

So... you've played FF13, FFvs13 and Agito have you? somehow I doubt it, but if so whats the gameplay like in Agito and versus? are there summons in versus? how long did it take you to complete FF13?

All I've seen of versus was a sort of trailer, which is pretty good, but so is FF13's, the versus trailer doesn't show the gameplay or how open the game is.

Also I noticed that versus suddenly became better than FF13 when SE announced FF13 was going multiplat...

Anyway, there will be more trailers on the store for the other two games closer to their release.

Message 6 of 8 (31 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 8, 2010

If you are complaining about final fantasy involving walking and getting into battles then why are you even playing final fantasy?  if i remember correctly, old final fantasies had the same thing and everyone loved it.

also, you're basing what you're saying on a 5 minute video involving CGI cutscenes that have choreographed action.  i personally can't wait for vsXIII to come out, but i don't think it will be the BEST FINAL FANTASY EVAAR!!!111!!1ONE!1!

also agitoXIII, i hear, has more card game based play.  yeah, cuz that worked SOOOO well in chain of memories

Message 7 of 8 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3014 posts

Mar 9, 2010

I wish Agito would be on the PSN. I just don't have the money to get a PSP and it'd be nice to play it

Disclaimer: All trophies are owned and not the result of rentals or falsified profile downloads.
Message 8 of 8 (31 Views)
0 Likes