Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Re: Why is Final Fantasy XIII a "bad game"?

Sep 3, 2012

I see that most people say pretty much the same.

What exactly of the characters did you not like? Did you dislike all the characters or only a selection out them?

Please try to refrain from comparing it to other Final Fantasy's, because all it tells me is that it doesn't follow its previous entries' outlines; such as the world map feature.

Message 21 of 67 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Vailintine wrote:

What exactly of the characters did you not like? Did you dislike all the characters or only a selection out them?

Please try to refrain from comparing it to other Final Fantasy's, because all it tells me is that it doesn't follow its previous entries' outlines; such as the world map feature.

It's hard not to compare. Because there are clear patterns ever since Squaresoft became Square-Enix, and I think everyone will admit to that. 

Anyway, the characters all seemed lost and ditsy. None of them had decent background stories (from what I played) and they all had this "poor me, I'm against the world" attitude, with the exception of Fang (I think was her name). 

And there is something else, that, to this day, I can't put my finger on as to why I didn't like XIII. It was just that "something" about it... 

Message 22 of 67 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Sep 4, 2012
I don't necessarily believe that the change in name and management is the problem. It happens to every company.

As far as there attitude, their lives, families and way of life was getting taken away from them.

How would you behave if your family was going to get killed just because some priest said they were infected by evil?

I agree with their background being weak, we really didn't get to know who these people were like we did in other entries.
Message 23 of 67 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
638 posts

Sep 9, 2012
I dislike 'time limit' when facing a new Eidolon or new bosses in the game. It looks this game attempting a FF RPG gamer to finish it off in good strategy battle.

I'm a casual gamer and I've had a tough time for this game when time clock is on displayed. Gee...

Other than that, I really liked this game.
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 24 of 67 (451 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Sep 10, 2012

BigDally13 wrote:

Vailintine wrote:

It's hard not to compare. Because there are clear patterns ever since Squaresoft became Square-Enix, and I think everyone will admit to that. 

Anyway, the characters all seemed lost and ditsy. None of them had decent background stories (from what I played) and they all had this "poor me, I'm against the world" attitude, with the exception of Fang (I think was her name). 

And there is something else, that, to this day, I can't put my finger on as to why I didn't like XIII. It was just that "something" about it... 

I don't know about that, the whole point of the datalog and some cutscene was to explore the backgrounds of the characters. I agree most of them were simple and a little cliche, but what FF isn't?

Message 25 of 67 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Sep 12, 2012

I believe that it was because the characters backgrounds and attitudes that Final Fantasy XIII-2 and the latest are able to be made. I have yet to play XIII-2, but I did rather enjoy the first one.

I think that to be able to treat this game like a Final Fantasy, treat the characters as if they were real people as most people do with the previous entries. They all have their secrets and reasons. I can't say I am not curious though.

Understand that they saw hopelessness in their future because, like death, they don't know what will happen to them. When death occurs, people grief. Remember the beginning when Sarah turned to crystal? Lightning treated her as if she were dead. She said, she will never come back.

Message 26 of 67 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Sep 12, 2012
what i think bigdally13 means is yea there r very big diffs with this ff that u dont c in others, like lost and ditsy, sure the were lookin at being cith if they didnt finish there focus but the only 2 that really cared was snow wanting to save sarah, and fang saving vanniel (mis-spelled) the others for most of the game did what they wanted and the best part in the game was close to the end where as everybody had hope, sure all the characters leadin up to this was lookin for some hope, the background sucked bc all u got was the basics, the game for me blows id rather play 7,8,9, or 10 bc they caught my attention i have over 90 hrs on 13 and im on chapter 13 i'll never play this game again bc i think it sucks, the only good thing about this game was graphics, story sucked, gameplay was a hit or miss, time completion was ok, characters needed more information besides the basics but thats my opinion
Message 27 of 67 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Sep 15, 2012

I agree about having more developed/detailed character. I like them, but I agree that they should have had better backgrounds.

The story, I agree that they should have thought of something better. It was save Serah, find hope for the future, destroy them all. Just bluntly but that's how I kind of see it. Attempt to save Serah; and failed. Go separate ways, for reasons to live. Confront their past (sort of) and doubts. Find out who's fault this is all to blame (although we knew since the beginning) and hunt them down.

I don't know if the creator of the story for this game intended to get players confused. But I was confused on what the hell is going on through out most of it. Although, most of it seemed obvious. I was still having to try to prove to myself that I was right, because the story kept throwing strange facts about what happened and what people are doing.

I like the game. As linear and broken the story and it's details might be. I enjoyed it and thought it was good. I really don't know why.

I liked how the battle system was, but I did not like how no matter how much I fought and leveled up. I could never really have an easy fight. If it was easy, it was too easy that I fell asleep in the middle of it, because it's repetition.

Message 28 of 67 (398 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2012

I have yet to play the game, but I am very interested. Two of my friends however have played the game and they hated it, it can get annoying because they both bad mouth the game and even though I've never played it... it kind of offends me.
But my one friend said it reminded her of Final Fantasy VII, as if it was just a copy and paste of the seventh game.
Another thing was that the game didn't have many towns.
I get the feeling I will like the game though. XD

Which would be good, cause then I could rub it in their faces. XD

Sig
If you enjoy forums, check out Suiko-Kya-Cross! The only forum about Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games!
http://suiko-kya-cross.co.cc/index
Message 29 of 67 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Sep 17, 2012
have u research the game yourself ff13 is nothing like ff7, the game was ok but certain things annoy other people more,
Message 30 of 67 (386 Views)
0 Likes