Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 21 2010
By: extrovertic1 First Son 26 posts

Why every weapon I get is weaker than the weapons i've upgrade/started with.

6 replies 12 views Edited Mar 21, 2010

ff13

So do you suppose to upgrade only one weapon throughout the game or something? I'm asking because i'm like on chapter 11 and i'm finding weapons that are weak like 9 strengh and 9 magic. Then it shows the red arows going down to let me know if I equip it i will lose strenght/magic.

I guess this is why a lot of people say hold off until after chapter 9 before you start leveling your weapons. I know I can upgrade my weapon with components/ buy them with GIL but GIL doesn't come by enough on here. The max of Gil I've had sofar is just 47,000 and that went away quick after you buy XP bonus components/parts to upgrade your weapon.

Message 1 of 7 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Re: Why every weapon I get is weaker than the weapons i've upgrade/started with.

Mar 21, 2010

Weapons in FFXIII are less about finding the next strongest weapon and more about selecting the best weapon for the role you want to play.  You keep that weapon and level it throughout the entire game.

Message 2 of 7 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4047 posts

Re: Why every weapon I get is weaker than the weapons i've upgrade/started with.

Mar 21, 2010

After you upgrade a weapon twice (no matter which you start with) you end up with the same ultimate weapon for each person...

Just make sure not to upgrade any weapons until you know which one you want to work with.

Personally I just kept everyones starting weapon...

vincej25
Message 3 of 7 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Mar 21, 2010

Ok i kinda figured that after playing...........My thing is whats so different about the weapons. The description gives a 1 sentenceline  about the weapon. something like " used by the lower ranked men on the pulse" ok........... So really the only thing you will find different in all the weapons is the bonuses? like extra hp, %20 water resistance,etc.... I was thinking there would be weapons that effects like poison, sleep, freeze, %100 stagger, enemy guard down,etc

Message 4 of 7 (12 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Mar 21, 2010

Almost everything you want to know is located here.

Message 5 of 7 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Mar 21, 2010

almost

Message 6 of 7 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Mar 21, 2010

You can beat the game without upgrading or swapping out your initial weapons, but it is slightly more difficult.  You will want to level up your weapons if you want an easier time of it...or want to get the trophy for all equipment.

Message 7 of 7 (12 Views)
0 Likes