Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1311 posts

Re: Why do we continue playing FF?

Oct 4, 2003

,ps2 its a sony wrote:

Each person has a reason for their playing FF games. What i want to know, and i'm sure that Square like to know is; what makes someone addicted to the FF series? There are many aspects that Square has capitalized on to get the attention of gamers and get them hooked on the FF series. Some love the constant change of storyline, but same title. New battle systems. Nice graphics. Long gameplay. Beautiful storyline. Lots of secrets. Multiple endings. 3D environment. Soundtracks. What is it that drives all of us to be the FF blood suckers?

Personally, I love the story, especially after FFX, i had a new respect for the storylines of FF general. The grahics and storyline is what drives me to stay up all day  just to beat the game and learn the end of the story. Still, i didn't really understand the ending in FFX which was confusing. Square did a good job of mixing the mood of the game with perfect background music, not to mention excellent gameplay and grahics!

Message Edited by ps2 its a sony on 10-03-2003 09:24 PM

yea i kinda agree w/ u, but i like the story line better in ffvii, i kinda wished those graphics were like Advent Children, lol that would b hell nice. i like the system of magic and everything w/ 7 too
Message 11 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1977 posts

Oct 4, 2003

Well i have seen a lot of posts like this and i usually answer the same thing pretty much. Its the storyline mostly for me, then the fact that it is an RPG and im an RPG lover, and then the fact that square has always used awesome graphics to bring the story to life, IMO. i just got hooked hehehe. the character developement is also alawys really good it seems and i like that too.

oh, and moogles, i play for the moogles dude!

Message 12 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Oct 4, 2003

I continue to play them because almost 15 years after playing Final Fantasy they continue to impress me.  Sure, they have faults, but overall these games always deliver.  My least favorite FF game is still ranked far above many of my other non-final fantasy favorites.

The Final Fantasy games offer me the chance to travel to distant lands and, at least for awhile, I can "be" these characters and live out such a fantastic and magical life.  And as stated before, the storylines are always top notch.  I realize that for many of you who have not been down since 89' that the older FF's seem lame as far as stories go, but in thier time they were amazing.

I grew up on these games and now, as I close in on 27 years of age, they continue to provide me with joy.  And in the end, is that not the point of playing these games?  To have fun.  Final Fantasy delivers this for me.

There is no such thing as a stupid question....there are only really stupid people asking.
Message 13 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes