Fender Bender
3281 posts

Re: Why do people hate Final Fantasy VIII so bad? Hmmm?

Nov 12, 2003

,Rinoa69 wrote:
I have never played a better game! I love that game. (sigh) I don't understand what is wrong with it. Can somebody tell me why? like I said I just love everything about it. TeeHeeHee

I liked that game its was good
Message 31 of 62 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7036 posts

Nov 12, 2003

FF8 is a great game.

I can complete it within a day, how about you guys?

I think I complete it within 20 hours

Message 32 of 62 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9154 posts

Nov 12, 2003

MarcAlan wrote:

Other than being a munchkiner's dream, I thought the story was very weak and having to either (A)Fight hundreds of monsters just too get a few highly rare pieces of junk or (B)Play the card game for hours on end just to get a few pieces of junk to upgrade my weapons was just plain boring.

And where the heck was the love story?!?  The only other time that I was lost as to where the love story was, was Attack of the Clones.  Going from "We can't be together because it's not right" to "Let's get it on!" was just annoying...

..u didnt have to play the card game for junk... i never did and i have all the ultimaite weapons Smiley Tongue
Message 33 of 62 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9154 posts

Nov 12, 2003

Marigold Futura wrote:

I've answered this several dozen times, and amazingly I'm not yet tired of it...

Short version: Rinoa. Single-handedly ruined the game for me.

Long version: Crappy love story that I didn't buy for two seconds, because it was so forced ("I hate you...Whatever...oh, wait, lemme check the script...I love you!"); a whining misery-boy lead character whose "development" comes in the form of a miraculous personality 180; an insipid, useless, annoying Mary Sue of a "heroine"; and the fact that they totally abandoned fleshing out all the secondary characters halfway through the game in order to focus on these two morons.

The junction system wasn't THAT bad, but I'll take materia or the Sphere Grid over it any day.

The only redeeming factors for me were the awesome music, Triple Triad (best minigame EVER), and Quistis, who I've always thought got totally shafted.

i dint like rinoa either.... but the story line was good.... but then again depending how old u were when u played the game has a big impact on whether u like it or not.... u prolly still have cooties Smiley Tongue
Message 34 of 62 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7036 posts

Nov 12, 2003

,Gringita709 wrote:

,MarcAlan wrote:

Other than being a munchkiner's dream, I thought the story was very weak and having to either (A)Fight hundreds of monsters just too get a few highly rare pieces of junk or (B)Play the card game for hours on end just to get a few pieces of junk to upgrade my weapons was just plain boring.

And where the heck was the love story?!?  The only other time that I was lost as to where the love story was, was Attack of the Clones.  Going from "We can't be together because it's not right" to "Let's get it on!" was just annoying...

..u didnt have to play the card game for junk... i never did and i have all the ultimaite weapons Smiley Tongue
I never even touch those cards at all.
Message 35 of 62 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2804 posts

Nov 12, 2003

,Rinoa69 wrote:
I have never played a better game! I love that game. (sigh) I don't understand what is wrong with it. Can somebody tell me why? like I said I just love everything about it. TeeHeeHee

I loved the game but I just don't want to play it anymore.
Message 36 of 62 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1854 posts

Nov 12, 2003
i love ff8 i think it is the best one ff9 following right behind. i really did not like ff7 that much i think it is way to over rated
Message 37 of 62 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1624 posts

Nov 12, 2003
Out of all the FFs out there, Tripple Traid was my fav. mini. game.... then maybe Xenocard from Xenosaga.... I hope they release the online versions of those two games so I can have fun with more skilled opponents lol....
Message 38 of 62 (88 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8488 posts

Nov 12, 2003

,Rinoa69 wrote:
Weird story (not the entire story but big part of it), gets really boring after a while, unbalanced battle system... (GF all the way) junction system = not very good, you have to stuck with squall in your team for 95% of the time
Message 39 of 62 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Nov 12, 2003

,Gringita709 wrote:
i dint like rinoa either.... but the story line was good.... but then again depending how old u were when u played the game has a big impact on whether u like it or not.... u prolly still have cooties Smiley Tongue

Pardon? I'm twenty-one years old, and I played the game for the first time THIS YEAR.

Yeah, my age has an impact. I'm old enough to have a realistic view of love, and this game sure as hell doesn't have it.

Message 40 of 62 (88 Views)
0 Likes