Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Re: Why all the HATE???!!!! What's going on?!!! The game is not even out yet!!!

Feb 17, 2010

MimiPRGameFreak wrote:

As for this question you put in the above post: If Final Fantasy XIII wasn't originally a PS3 exclusive, then why is it still a PS3 exclusive in Japan?

The reason it's still exclusive for the PS3 in Japan is cause Square-Enix aren't stupid enough to put the game for Xbox 360 in Japan. If you look at the gaming market in Japan, PS3 and Nintendo Wii are the top two consoles that sells in Japan. Not the Xbox 360. Now why did they put it in Multiplatform for the U.S., cause RPG games aren't that big here. Only big and loyal RPG fans buys Final Fantasy games and that's like 15% out of the whole gaming market. Most games that sells here in the U.S. are Action, Adventure, and Shooters. So I understand why they had to go to Mutiplatform just cause they want that piece of the pie income that other genres are getting.

Yeah, congratulations on just contradicting yourself, big time. If all they wanted was as big a piece of the pie as possible, then it would have gone on the cr*pbox in Japan too. The works already been done, or is there some difference between cr*pboxes in North America and Japan I don't know about?

And yeah, your 2nd point, is the same one that was made on these forums more than a year ago, and before then. The core market for JRPGs, and especially FF, is on the PS3. So if you think it makes good business sense to dumb down and butcher an RPG for porting to a console with a shooter base, good luck to you. You just proved that Square-Enix made a stupid decision. 

Message 81 of 83 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2235 posts

Feb 17, 2010
Whats the point of this thread? People here think they can change video game marketing ? The game is 3 weeks away and nothing will change. I got mine preordered and very excited about it. Final Fantasy XIII is going to be a great RPG, no doubt about it. 
Photobucket
Message 82 of 83 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7225 posts

Feb 17, 2010

Aeternitas33 wrote:

MimiPRGameFreak wrote:

As for this question you put in the above post: If Final Fantasy XIII wasn't originally a PS3 exclusive, then why is it still a PS3 exclusive in Japan?

The reason it's still exclusive for the PS3 in Japan is cause Square-Enix aren't stupid enough to put the game for Xbox 360 in Japan. If you look at the gaming market in Japan, PS3 and Nintendo Wii are the top two consoles that sells in Japan. Not the Xbox 360. Now why did they put it in Multiplatform for the U.S., cause RPG games aren't that big here. Only big and loyal RPG fans buys Final Fantasy games and that's like 15% out of the whole gaming market. Most games that sells here in the U.S. are Action, Adventure, and Shooters. So I understand why they had to go to Mutiplatform just cause they want that piece of the pie income that other genres are getting.

Yeah, congratulations on just contradicting yourself, big time. If all they wanted was as big a piece of the pie as possible, then it would have gone on the cr*pbox in Japan too. The works already been done, or is there some difference between cr*pboxes in North America and Japan I don't know about?

And yeah, your 2nd point, is the same one that was made on these forums more than a year ago, and before then. The core market for JRPGs, and especially FF, is on the PS3. So if you think it makes good business sense to dumb down and butcher an RPG for porting to a console with a shooter base, good luck to you. You just proved that Square-Enix made a stupid decision. 

Funny you said I contradicted myself and you didn't explain in which part. And here you go with mixing the North America and Japan gaming market together. The game isn't a "cr*pbox" in Japan. It sold 2 million of units already which of course it's going to happen cause the Japanese gamers love RPG games. And they don't need to put it on the Xbox 360 in Japan cause the Xbox 360 aren't selling in Japan.

As for being a "cr*pbox" in North America, you don't know it will be a "cr*pbox". You just say it is cause now the game is being released on the Xbox 360 also. If it was still an exclusive for PS3, you wouldn't be pissed off and bashing people on here with speculating facts that websites put about how the deal went with Sony, Square-Enix, and Microsoft. The reason they put it on multiplatform in North America cause 1.) RPG isn't big in the North America market & 2.) Xbox 360 are still being bought a lot here since it's affordable and now PS3 are starting to sell for lowering their prices.

The core market for RPG in Japan is for the PS3, but not in the North America market. Wow, I didn't know the Xbox 360 is a shooter base console. There are RPG games in the Xbox 360 also so you know. I didn't prove anything that Square-Enix made a bad or good decission on releasing FFXIII on the Xbox 360.

MimiPRGameFreak Trophy Card
Message 83 of 83 (14 Views)