Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Re: Why all the HATE???!!!! What's going on?!!! The game is not even out yet!!!!

Feb 17, 2010

Aeternitas33 wrote:

1) I wouldn't use the words "loyalty" and "Square Enix" in the same sentence if I was you. They broke their contract with Sony to make FF XIII a PS3 exclusive, and then lied to all of us loyal gamers about the game not being modified in any way. Riiight.

2) Go to the major gaming review sites and most of them are going to be gushing over this game. Just look at Famitsu with their 39/40 score. If you want honest info about this game, you're probably not going to get it from the reviews - at least not unless you know how to read between the lines. 

I do not want to engage with an endless argument with you. I do understand the frustration brought upon PS and FF loyals (like me) when the game went multiplatform.

FFXIII lost a tremendoues amount of respect for being multiplatform. Exclusivity for the game is not just for show, but it adds sooooo soooo sooo much to the game!!!

However, in order to generate more, more and much more revenue for the loved dvelopers who work years and years to launch a much anticipated title, I say why not.

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 83 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Re: Why all the HATE???!!!! What's going on?!!! The game is not even out yet!!!!

Feb 17, 2010

VIVIsectVl wrote:

Emkake wrote:

Pre-ordered my PS3 Collectors Edition and can't wait for it.

Huh?  Do you live in Europe or something?  I'm looking forward to the game, and won't knock it until I play it, but it is annoying that they have a special edition everywhere except the US.  I mean, a collector's edition strategy guide but no collector's edition version of the game?  That seems a little backwards, but I guess it's the trend now.

My Friend, I stay in Dubai. Here the systems are all PAL, so I pre-ordered it from game.co.uk. However I heard confirmation that the game collectors edition will reach the states. Was that a rumor?

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 83 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Feb 17, 2010

JHEATED5 wrote:
IMHO This game deserves all the hate it's getting, and why shouldn't it? For every one positive aspect of this game there are 10 negatives... Square jumped ship on it's loyal fanbase to try and appease the masses at the cost of ruining it's good name... I'm still buying it of course and expecting a mediocre experience that could have been sooo much better but it'll give me my RPG fix for a while... I don't know though everything I've played after X was meh in my opinion and I think Square is just diggin a deeper hole.... I'm hoping they'll learn from this failed experiment and bring out an amazing game to save the series but for now it's just wishful thinking...

Yet again, FFXIII lost its exclusivity, and a lot of respect for that. Yet again , again, more chi-chingggg for them. More money for SE, more and faster FF games coming out. I like that.

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 83 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Feb 17, 2010

Aeternitas33 wrote:

Rorek_IronBlood wrote:

Aeternitas33 wrote:

1) I wouldn't use the words "loyalty" and "Square Enix" in the same sentence if I was you. They broke their contract with Sony to make FF XIII a PS3 exclusive, and then lied to all of us loyal gamers about the game not being modified in any way. Riiight.

First off SquareEnix, is a publishing company. Not just a development team. They also never made no such loyalty contract to any said corporation, and/or company. If you want to get technicall about this all. They had done a lot of games for the Nintendo, before SONY, and on top of that. Final Fantasy VII was also released on the PC too when it came out in 1997 (in America.) So, get some facts before you go spouting some loyalty crap.

Square-Enix had a contract with Sony to make FF XIII for the PS3 only. They broke that contract, and had to pay a penalty to Sony for doing so. It's called breach-of-contract, and the rumor is that MS paid the penalty since they're the ones who wanted Square-Enix to drop the exclusive nature of FF XIII. 

Unless you have a proof or a trusted sourse, no one has a reason to beleive you.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 83 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Feb 17, 2010
when i play any game , i dont care about politics it was made with. By buying a game i dont care who gets paid . I d buy a game even if it was made in N. Korea or Iran, as long as i like it. I also dont care about console wars- i have them all and enjoying them. So all this paetty crying about kids not paying for something makes me laugh. my advice - play your games and stop crying about exclusivity, or that you getting less content than Japan. Do you rather not have FF13? than dont buy it.  otherwise, buy it and play it. Simple and easy. I am buying it , i am excited about it. I love FF franchise and cant wait for Ff 14 and versus. FF 13 will sell well and those few who wont buy it ,cuz they mad at SE or SOny or  whatever- couldnt care less bout you.
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 83 (11 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Re: Why all the HATE???!!!! What's going on?!!! The game is not even out yet!!!

Feb 17, 2010

dkbatman06 wrote:

What's that, in the Kotaku article link? What? It says RUMOR, not fact? From two years ago? And notice how that post was never updated to include said Famitsu article. Stupid rumors are the reason these boards are intolerable. Show me some FACTS, not rumors. <== Right. Because multi-national corporations routinely post sensitive business contracts worth tens of millions of dollars on the Internet. 

Here's an article from E3 2008 announcing the loss of exclusivity:

At the end of Microsoft's E3 press conference, Square Enix president Yoichi Wada returned to the stage to drop a bombshell: Final Fantasy XIII is coming to the Xbox 360. He showed an extended trailer for game that was previously announced as a PlayStation 3 exclusive. While the trailer didn't reveal any new footage (everything had been part of previous trailers showcased at Tokyo Game Show and Square Enix's private shows), it confirmed the game's release for Xbox 360.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168704

And here's a recent article, from this very month:

So, Final Fantasy XIII was once a PS3 exclusive as we all know. But at E3 2008, the publisher’s president Yoichi Wada, announced that the game would go multiplatform and would be available on the Xbox 360. PS3 fans were furious when they heard the news, some going as far as to say they won’t purchase the game. I thought their stance was ridiculous then and think it still is now

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2010/02/13/oops-did-square-enix-just-try-and-fool-us/?utm_source=twitterf...

And here's a question for you, dkbatman06, which should show even you how ridiculous your position is. If Final Fantasy XIII wasn't originally a PS3 exclusive, then why is it still a PS3 exclusive in Japan? Can't wait to hear your answer to that. They have cr*p boxes in Japan don't they? So why isn't it multiplatform in Japan? 

Deleted content? Did you see that what WAS running on PS3 hardware was left out due to "considerations for game volume and overall game balance"?  Meaning the content was useless in the first place? <== This shows you're the one who doesn't know anything about game development. Content that is unnecessary or affects game balance is supposed to be elminated in the planning stages, not after after it's already been developed and is running on hardware. And to cut out enough to make an entire other game is just insane. In this case, the obvious answer, and the only answer, is that "game volume" is code for limited DVD storage space. 

Stop sounding so smart and smug. I have nothing to apologize for. This **bleep** happens all the time in video game development. <== No, it doesn't. No one spends years and $35 million developing a game only to cut out half the game. Any company that routinely did that would go out of business. Square-Enix could have spent all that lost productivity in time and money finishing Versus XIII simultaneously with FF XIII. Think about that. If I was a Square-Enix shareholder and I read this kind of crap, I'd want Wada's head on a plate. 

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 83 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Feb 17, 2010

Aeternitas33 wrote:

dkbatman06 wrote:

What's that, in the Kotaku article link? What? It says RUMOR, not fact? From two years ago? And notice how that post was never updated to include said Famitsu article. Stupid rumors are the reason these boards are intolerable. Show me some FACTS, not rumors. <== Right. Because multi-national corporations routinely post sensitive business contracts worth tens of millions of dollars on the Internet. 

Here's an article from E3 2008 announcing the loss of exclusivity:

At the end of Microsoft's E3 press conference, Square Enix president Yoichi Wada returned to the stage to drop a bombshell: Final Fantasy XIII is coming to the Xbox 360. He showed an extended trailer for game that was previously announced as a PlayStation 3 exclusive. While the trailer didn't reveal any new footage (everything had been part of previous trailers showcased at Tokyo Game Show and Square Enix's private shows), it confirmed the game's release for Xbox 360.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168704

And here's a recent article, from this very month:

So, Final Fantasy XIII was once a PS3 exclusive as we all know. But at E3 2008, the publisher’s president Yoichi Wada, announced that the game would go multiplatform and would be available on the Xbox 360. PS3 fans were furious when they heard the news, some going as far as to say they won’t purchase the game. I thought their stance was ridiculous then and think it still is now

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2010/02/13/oops-did-square-enix-just-try-and-fool-us/?utm_source=twitterf...

And here's a question for you, dkbatman06, which should show even you how ridiculous your position is. If Final Fantasy XIII wasn't originally a PS3 exclusive, then why is it still a PS3 exclusive in Japan? Can't wait to hear your answer to that. They have cr*p boxes in Japan don't they? So why isn't it multiplatform in Japan? 

Deleted content? Did you see that what WAS running on PS3 hardware was left out due to "considerations for game volume and overall game balance"?  Meaning the content was useless in the first place? <== This shows you're the one who doesn't know anything about game development. Content that is unnecessary or affects game balance is supposed to be elminated in the planning stages, not after after it's already been developed and is running on hardware. And to cut out enough to make an entire other game is just insane. In this case, the obvious answer, and the only answer, is that "game volume" is code for limited DVD storage space. 

Stop sounding so smart and smug. I have nothing to apologize for. This **bleep** happens all the time in video game development. <== No, it doesn't. No one spends years and $35 million developing a game only to cut out half the game. Any company that routinely did that would go out of business. Square-Enix could have spent all that lost productivity in time and money finishing Versus XIII simultaneously with FF XIII. Think about that. If I was a Square-Enix shareholder and I read this kind of crap, I'd want Wada's head on a plate. 

So does that mean you are not getting the game?

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 83 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7225 posts

Feb 17, 2010

I really don't get why people are so upset about FFXIII not being an exclusivity anymore. Be happy that the game is coming out at least. I really don't care what console the game will be released on. Here's a small fact: Final Fantasy started with Nintendo then to Sony Playstation. So it was a matter of time that the Final Fantasy game wasn't going to be exclusive to just one console in the future. As for business wise, it's good for Sqaure Enix to release in different consoles. More income for them, especially when big fans of Final Fantasy would buy the same game in different consoles for their collection. Just buy FFXIII for PS3 if you want the game for PS3. Simple as 1, 2, & 3.

MimiPRGameFreak Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 83 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Feb 17, 2010

MimiPRGameFreak wrote:

I really don't get why people are so upset about FFXIII not being an exclusivity anymore. Be happy that the game is coming out at least. I really don't care what console the game will be released on. Here's a small fact: Final Fantasy started with Nintendo then to Sony Playstation. So it was a matter of time that the Final Fantasy game wasn't going to be exclusive to just one console in the future. As for business wise, it's good for Sqaure Enix to release in different consoles. More income for them, especially when big fans of Final Fantasy would buy the same game in different consoles for their collection. Just buy FFXIII for PS3 if you want the game for PS3. Simple as 1, 2, & 3.

You want to talk business sense? How much do you think this negative PR is going to hurt Square-Enix? The backlash against this game in Japan is what led to the backlash you're seeing on these forums now. Just wait until American gamers find out what this game is like, and why. I sure hope MS paid Square-Enix in gold bullion, because this decision is going to haunt them for a very long time. 

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 83 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7225 posts

Feb 17, 2010

Aeternitas33 wrote:

MimiPRGameFreak wrote:

You want to talk business sense? How much do you think this negative PR is going to hurt Square-Enix? The backlash against this game in Japan is what led to the backlash you're seeing on these forums now. Just wait until American gamers find out what this game is like, and why. I sure hope MS paid Square-Enix in gold bullion, because this decision is going to haunt them for a very long time. 

All major games have negative PR in some point. Where does this negative PR come from? From game review websites, magazines, made up rumors, facts, and fanboys/girls who only play in one game console. You think that Square Enix is going to get really hurt by this and I doubt it'll hurt them that much. Grand Theft Auto 4 had the same negative PR when gamers found out that it wasn't exclusive for PS3 anymore and look what happened, it's the highest rated game on both game consoles and gamers stopped the crying. Do you know how the game is going to be like? No you don't and I don't since it haven't been released yet. The game probably will turn out a very good and fun game to play even when it's on the PS3 and Xbox 360. Then again it can could suck. Doesn't mean it's the end of the world for Square-Enix. Only fanboys/girls cry about the exclusivity cause they want all the best name title games in their favorite game console only while the other game consoles get nothing. I so laugh when they say they are hardcore gamers, but they don't buy the game just cause it's not exclusive for the game console they want it exclusive for. Some hardcore gamers they are. All the backlash I'm seeing is gamers already thinking it's a flop just cause it's not exclusive for PS3 anymore and that they have taken some things from the game that were expected and/or been in the series for a long while. And all this is from websites reviews that they have read from or watched a video on youtube about it.

As for this question you put in the above post: If Final Fantasy XIII wasn't originally a PS3 exclusive, then why is it still a PS3 exclusive in Japan?

The reason it's still exclusive for the PS3 in Japan is cause Square-Enix aren't stupid enough to put the game for Xbox 360 in Japan. If you look at the gaming market in Japan, PS3 and Nintendo Wii are the top two consoles that sells in Japan. Not the Xbox 360. Now why did they put it in Multiplatform for the U.S., cause RPG games aren't that big here. Only big and loyal RPG fans buys Final Fantasy games and that's like 15% out of the whole gaming market. Most games that sells here in the U.S. are Action, Adventure, and Shooters. So I understand why they had to go to Mutiplatform just cause they want that piece of the pie income that other genres are getting.

MimiPRGameFreak Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 83 (11 Views)
0 Likes