Sackboy
591 posts

Re: Why all the HATE???!!!! What's going on?!!! The game is not even out yet!!!!

Feb 16, 2010

Aeternitas33 wrote:
You two have got to be kidding. There are statements from Square-Enix going back years saying that FF XIII was going to be a PS3 exclusive, just like Versus XIII is a PS3 exclusive. And if you don't know that, then I don't know what either one of you is doing on this forum, especially you, BraveSirRobin, with 4,641 posts. If you want proof, then Google it. The exclusive nature of FF XIII to PS3, the breaking of the contract, the announcement of the multiplatform deal with MS, is all history and well documented on the Internet. I'm not going to waste my time doing things that you can easily do for yourself.

yes but its SONY fault for not paying SE to keep and make sure it remained an exclusive. Wada is a cash hungry *bleep* and if sony had paid millions of dollars to keep it an exclusive than none of this would have ever happened. quit acting like this was never sony's fault this is the reason why the half the games that should have remained an exclusive arent. Also you should have seen this coming since thats all MS does to get what they want bribe bribe and bribe oh did i mention bribe

ex. DMC 4 and Assassins Creed 

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!" Kurt Vonnegut

Photobucket
Message 41 of 83 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Re: Why all the HATE???!!!! What's going on?!!! The game is not even out yet!!!!

Feb 16, 2010

purplefreak3 wrote:
Well 50 GB blu-ray disc games should get bigger and better just not cram full of beautiul graphics and suck on gameplay which sounds like they did with XIII.

Ugh, this is another thing that gets me. Where does it say that this game uses all 50 GB? Nowhere! And since when does more GB = better game? Neither Metal Gear Solid 4 nor Uncharted 2 didn't even use ALL 50 GB, and they were **bleep**-awesome games!! Also, read some legitimate gameplay impressions on sites like IGN or Gamespot or, you know, PLAY THE DAMN GAME before passing judgement.

360 Gamertag: The Gdm Batman

Get your Portable ID!
Message 42 of 83 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
544 posts

Feb 16, 2010
I am not passing judgement on XIII but I will pass judgement on XII and it storyline sucked!
Message 43 of 83 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7744 posts

Feb 16, 2010

purplefreak3 wrote:
I am not passing judgement on XIII but I will pass judgement on XII and it storyline sucked!

What's the matter,too deep for you?

"Can you see your end? Then death be yours!" ~ Brahms
Message 44 of 83 (2 Views)
Sackboy
544 posts

Feb 16, 2010

I like how they did stuff in XII with the characters and gameplay but that storyline was horrible there was nothing to it.

Message 45 of 83 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
591 posts

Feb 16, 2010

purplefreak3 wrote:

I like how they did stuff in XII with the characters and gameplay but that storyline was horrible there was nothing to it.

not really, it was just more involved with politics than your usual superhuman being trying to take over or destroy the world

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!" Kurt Vonnegut

Photobucket
Message 46 of 83 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Feb 16, 2010

Aeternitas33 wrote:

dkbatman06 wrote:

What's on the internet is only proof that yes, Square planned for it to be a PS3 exclusive. There is no proof saying that Square Enix and Sony SIGNED A CONTRACT granting Sony exclusive rights to the game. I'm sorry the PlayStation 3 sold so **bleep**ty at first that Square decided that they actually wanted their multi-million dollar, high profile game to SELL. I mean, if it were still an exclusive right now, it would definitely pull Uncharted 2 numbers. But this sudden awesome turnaround in PS3 sales we're seeing today wasn't even a thought back when the 360 version was announced. It's called damage control. Sales of the main series Final Fantasies have declined since FFVII, and Square really wants FFXIII to be successful. What does that mean? Bring it to a broader audience.

But whatever. Most of you are so closed-minded and misinformed that you'll be missing out on a great game.

Also, no content was cut. Fitting the game on 3 discs involves heavy compression, which apparently Square Enix pulled off very well.

http://ps3.rpgsite.net/previews/42/198/final-fantasy-xiii-xbox-360-version-hands-on-impressions.html

Wow. You people really are that delusional. And lazy.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2008/08/rumor_microsoft_paid_for_final_fantasy_xiii_ps3_exclusivity_breach_...

According to the Famitsu piece, Microsoft is footing the bill for Square Enix’s FFXIII breach of PS3 exclusivity contract.

It took me 5 seconds to find this article here, which refers to the breach of contract. An upcoming issue of Famitsu talked about MS paying the fine, but they pulled it after both MS and S-E issued denials. Like it matters, if MS paid the fine, or S-E paid the fine and then got reimbursed by MS. The point remains, there was a contract, and S-E did pay a breach-of-contract fee.

I'm sure you'll be apologizing any momemt now. 

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/01/13/ffxiii_deleted_content/

Here's another article it took me 5 seconds to find.

Square Enix specialty site FF Reunion has a short summary of a new interview with FFXIII art director Isamu Kamikokuryou. In the interview, Kamikokuryou discusses some of the content that was deleted from the game.

Apparently, the FFXIII design team created a number of areas that ended up not going into the final product. How much? Enough to create an additional game, according to Kamikokuryou.

Kamikokuryou shared a few locations with the magazine. Apparently, the design team created a full area surrounding Lightning's home. This area resembled a park. There was also a secret base for resistance group Nora inside a shop somewhere. Nautiuls Park, an amusement facility, at one point also included a zoo.

The content was already running on actual PS3 hardware, it seems, but was left out due to considerations for game volume and overall game balanace.

I'm sure you'll be apologizing any moment now. 

What's that, in the Kotaku article link? What? It says RUMOR, not fact? From two years ago? And notice how that post was never updated to include said Famitsu article. Stupid rumors are the reason these boards are intolerable. Show me some FACTS, not rumors.

Deleted content? Did you see that what WAS running on PS3 hardware was left out due to "considerations for game volume and overall game balance"?  Meaning the content was useless in the first place?

Stop sounding so smart and smug. I have nothing to apologize for. This **bleep** happens all the time in video game development.

360 Gamertag: The Gdm Batman

Get your Portable ID!
Message 47 of 83 (2 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
591 posts

Feb 16, 2010

Aeternitas33 wrote:

dkbatman06 wrote:

What's on the internet is only proof that yes, Square planned for it to be a PS3 exclusive. There is no proof saying that Square Enix and Sony SIGNED A CONTRACT granting Sony exclusive rights to the game. I'm sorry the PlayStation 3 sold so **bleep**ty at first that Square decided that they actually wanted their multi-million dollar, high profile game to SELL. I mean, if it were still an exclusive right now, it would definitely pull Uncharted 2 numbers. But this sudden awesome turnaround in PS3 sales we're seeing today wasn't even a thought back when the 360 version was announced. It's called damage control. Sales of the main series Final Fantasies have declined since FFVII, and Square really wants FFXIII to be successful. What does that mean? Bring it to a broader audience.

But whatever. Most of you are so closed-minded and misinformed that you'll be missing out on a great game.

Also, no content was cut. Fitting the game on 3 discs involves heavy compression, which apparently Square Enix pulled off very well.

http://ps3.rpgsite.net/previews/42/198/final-fantasy-xiii-xbox-360-version-hands-on-impressions.html

Wow. You people really are that delusional. And lazy.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2008/08/rumor_microsoft_paid_for_final_fantasy_xiii_ps3_exclusivity_breach_...

According to the Famitsu piece, Microsoft is footing the bill for Square Enix’s FFXIII breach of PS3 exclusivity contract.

It took me 5 seconds to find this article here, which refers to the breach of contract. An upcoming issue of Famitsu talked about MS paying the fine, but they pulled it after both MS and S-E issued denials. Like it matters, if MS paid the fine, or S-E paid the fine and then got reimbursed by MS. The point remains, there was a contract, and S-E did pay a breach-of-contract fee.

I'm sure you'll be apologizing any momemt now. 

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/01/13/ffxiii_deleted_content/

Here's another article it took me 5 seconds to find.

Square Enix specialty site FF Reunion has a short summary of a new interview with FFXIII art director Isamu Kamikokuryou. In the interview, Kamikokuryou discusses some of the content that was deleted from the game.

Apparently, the FFXIII design team created a number of areas that ended up not going into the final product. How much? Enough to create an additional game, according to Kamikokuryou.

Kamikokuryou shared a few locations with the magazine. Apparently, the design team created a full area surrounding Lightning's home. This area resembled a park. There was also a secret base for resistance group Nora inside a shop somewhere. Nautiuls Park, an amusement facility, at one point also included a zoo.

The content was already running on actual PS3 hardware, it seems, but was left out due to considerations for game volume and overall game balanace.

I'm sure you'll be apologizing any moment now. 

Ok and your point? your acting like MS would never do this and they would know Sony is to stupid to Pay Millions of dollars that they have to keep it an exclusive. You honestly never thought that Wada would care less if this breached the contract its money he could care less. as long as he gets money he doesnt care who or where it comes from. Obviously Microsoft had more money and paid it. 

Welcome to the world of business

Photobucket
Message 48 of 83 (2 Views)
Wastelander
870 posts

Feb 16, 2010

@Aeternitas33

I'm glad you're here cause we're the some of the only few enlightened ones here and has common sense at all.  Look at these people. No content was cut, Sony's fault, Square Enix innocent, all delusions.  I mean really, SONY'S FAULT? seriously? SERIOUSLY?

It's staring at them right in the face and they can't see it.  Oh well. We know what's true and what's not.  Crazy thing is I mentioned aspects about FFXIII before the game came out (that was GFAQ days) nobody believed me and I was right all along. 

There's always going to be people like this, who can't really put together the information for themselves so they need something (anything) that spells it out in bold letters until they can believe it.  I won't even waste my time with them anymore, it's not worth it.

Message Edited by coffeerox on 02-16-2010 03:28 PM
Message 49 of 83 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Feb 16, 2010

Okay and your post just agrees with me about the whole thing being a business deal which ended up lowering the quality of the game.
Message 50 of 83 (2 Views)
0 Likes