Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Re: Why all the HATE???!!!! What's going on?!!! The game is not even out yet!!!!

Feb 16, 2010

Rorek_IronBlood wrote:

Aeternitas33 wrote:

1) I wouldn't use the words "loyalty" and "Square Enix" in the same sentence if I was you. They broke their contract with Sony to make FF XIII a PS3 exclusive, and then lied to all of us loyal gamers about the game not being modified in any way. Riiight.

First off SquareEnix, is a publishing company. Not just a development team. They also never made no such loyalty contract to any said corporation, and/or company. If you want to get technicall about this all. They had done a lot of games for the Nintendo, before SONY, and on top of that. Final Fantasy VII was also released on the PC too when it came out in 1997 (in America.) So, get some facts before you go spouting some loyalty crap.

Square-Enix had a contract with Sony to make FF XIII for the PS3 only. They broke that contract, and had to pay a penalty to Sony for doing so. It's called breach-of-contract, and the rumor is that MS paid the penalty since they're the ones who wanted Square-Enix to drop the exclusive nature of FF XIII. 

Message 31 of 83 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Re: Why all the HATE???!!!! What's going on?!!! The game is not even out yet!!!!

Feb 16, 2010

Aeternitas33 wrote:

Rorek_IronBlood wrote:

Aeternitas33 wrote:

1) I wouldn't use the words "loyalty" and "Square Enix" in the same sentence if I was you. They broke their contract with Sony to make FF XIII a PS3 exclusive, and then lied to all of us loyal gamers about the game not being modified in any way. Riiight.

First off SquareEnix, is a publishing company. Not just a development team. They also never made no such loyalty contract to any said corporation, and/or company. If you want to get technicall about this all. They had done a lot of games for the Nintendo, before SONY, and on top of that. Final Fantasy VII was also released on the PC too when it came out in 1997 (in America.) So, get some facts before you go spouting some loyalty crap.

Square-Enix had a contract with Sony to make FF XIII for the PS3 only. They broke that contract, and had to pay a penalty to Sony for doing so. It's called breach-of-contract, and the rumor is that MS paid the penalty since they're the ones who wanted Square-Enix to drop the exclusive nature of FF XIII. 

I said a while ago (here in fact) when I was ranting about the FFXIII demo, that we PS3 owners got screwed over some damn business deal and here we are again, screwed off of a business deal.  Microsoft doesn't care about the actual game, they just want the name of the game on their system and that creates FUD for PS3 owners. Now that they have FFXIII on their system, it no longer matters what happens.

Square-Enix bought into their BS and now the game and fans have suffered.  When MS made the deal with Square, they didn't know how the PS3 game was being made.  They don't know anything about PS3 at all so they just assume it's a game developed like any other right? Wrong. Even if they did know, they didn't care that anything got downsized/changed.  Their business deal worked out. They won. Fans lost. Nobody cares about it except us hardcore fans.

Message 32 of 83 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Feb 16, 2010

coffeerox wrote:

Aeternitas33 wrote:

Rorek_IronBlood wrote:

Aeternitas33 wrote:

I said a while ago (here in fact) when I was ranting about the FFXIII demo, that we PS3 owners got screwed over some damn business deal and here we are again, screwed off of a business deal.  Microsoft doesn't care about the actual game, they just want the name of the game on their system and that creates FUD for PS3 owners. Now that they have FFXIII on their system, it no longer matters what happens.

Square-Enix bought into their BS and now the game and fans have suffered.  When MS made the deal with Square, they didn't know how the PS3 game was being made.  They don't know anything about PS3 at all so they just assume it's a game developed like any other right? Wrong. Even if they did know, they didn't care that anything got downsized/changed.  Their business deal worked out. They won. Fans lost. Nobody cares about it except us hardcore fans.

I'd like to see proof of all this. I want you guys to show us a credible source saying Square Enix broke any contracts. Otherwise, you're full of **bleep**.

Message Edited by dkbatman06 on 02-16-2010 04:58 PM
360 Gamertag: The Gdm Batman

Get your Portable ID!
Message 33 of 83 (2 Views)
Fender Bender
4642 posts

Feb 16, 2010

dkbatman06 wrote:

I'd like to see proof of all this. I want you guys to show us a credible source saying Square Enix broke any contracts. Otherwise, you're full of **bleep**.

Thank you, just what I was going to say. CITATION NEEDED. A real source, not some clown's blog.

Message 34 of 83 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Feb 16, 2010
You two have got to be kidding. There are statements from Square-Enix going back years saying that FF XIII was going to be a PS3 exclusive, just like Versus XIII is a PS3 exclusive. And if you don't know that, then I don't know what either one of you is doing on this forum, especially you, BraveSirRobin, with 4,641 posts. If you want proof, then Google it. The exclusive nature of FF XIII to PS3, the breaking of the contract, the announcement of the multiplatform deal with MS, is all history and well documented on the Internet. I'm not going to waste my time doing things that you can easily do for yourself.
Message 35 of 83 (2 Views)
Fender Bender
2984 posts

Feb 16, 2010
Just because square enix said XIII would be exclusive then changed there mind does not mean there was a contract between sony and square enix companys change there minds it happens all the time. And as far as the removal of content i have yet to see proof that anything was removed specifically so it could be on the other console. every reliable source i have seen stated what was removed were mostly ideas that normally happens in the develoment cycle.
Message 36 of 83 (2 Views)
Fender Bender
4642 posts

Feb 16, 2010

Aeternitas33 wrote:
You two have got to be kidding. There are statements from Square-Enix going back years saying that FF XIII was going to be a PS3 exclusive, just like Versus XIII is a PS3 exclusive. And if you don't know that, then I don't know what either one of you is doing on this forum, especially you, BraveSirRobin, with 4,641 posts. If you want proof, then Google it. The exclusive nature of FF XIII to PS3, the breaking of the contract, the announcement of the multiplatform deal with MS, is all history and well documented on the Internet. I'm not going to waste my time doing things that you can easily do for yourself.

Companies SAY stuff all the time. Plans change. Just because they planned for it to be exclusive doesn't mean there was any kind of contract with Sony. All I can find are rumors which are not legitimate sources of information. 

Message Edited by BraveSirRobin on 02-16-2010 02:17 PM

Message 37 of 83 (2 Views)
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Feb 16, 2010

What's on the internet is only proof that yes, Square planned for it to be a PS3 exclusive. There is no proof saying that Square Enix and Sony SIGNED A CONTRACT granting Sony exclusive rights to the game. I'm sorry the PlayStation 3 sold so **bleep**ty at first that Square decided that they actually wanted their multi-million dollar, high profile game to SELL. I mean, if it were still an exclusive right now, it would definitely pull Uncharted 2 numbers. But this sudden awesome turnaround in PS3 sales we're seeing today wasn't even a thought back when the 360 version was announced. It's called damage control. Sales of the main series Final Fantasies have declined since FFVII, and Square really wants FFXIII to be successful. What does that mean? Bring it to a broader audience.

But whatever. Most of you are so closed-minded and misinformed that you'll be missing out on a great game.

Also, no content was cut. Fitting the game on 3 discs involves heavy compression, which apparently Square Enix pulled off very well.

http://ps3.rpgsite.net/previews/42/198/final-fantasy-xiii-xbox-360-version-hands-on-impressions.html

Message Edited by dkbatman06 on 02-16-2010 05:25 PM
Message Edited by dkbatman06 on 02-16-2010 05:28 PM
360 Gamertag: The Gdm Batman

Get your Portable ID!
Message 38 of 83 (2 Views)
Sackboy
591 posts

Feb 16, 2010

Emkake wrote:

Everyone is bashing the game left and right. Final Fantasy needs to end. Final Fantasy XIII is a flop. Square Enix needs to shut down.

Are there any loyal Final Fantasy fans who are anticipating this title at all??!! 

The first two pages of the forums are just about bashing the title?!! not even a single 'FFXIII seems to be a good game'?!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Pre-ordered my PS3 Collectors Edition and can't wait for it.

I also beleive that some less than famous publications, online communities, and websites will make the game look like a flop. Reason, they want to stand out, they want more views, they want more publicity. I think they operate under the idea of 'be different get noticed'.

I'm calling out to anyone who anticipates the game. Anyone who is not too busy bashing the game, angry about the other port, and jumping to conlusions without proper reviews or even trying the game.

Anyone out there?!!!

dude i am one of the few thats trying to defend this game but noo people whine and complain that it is too linear but look at FFX that was linear but did anybody complain no. dont worry you are not alone i am looking foward to this game as much as the next guy

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!" Kurt Vonnegut

Photobucket
Message 39 of 83 (2 Views)
Sackboy
544 posts

Feb 16, 2010
Well 50 GB blu-ray disc games should get bigger and better just not cram full of beautiul graphics and suck on gameplay which sounds like they did with XIII.
Message 40 of 83 (2 Views)
0 Likes