Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Re: Why all the HATE???!!!! What's going on?!!! The game is not even out yet!!!!

Feb 16, 2010

Aeternitas33 wrote:

1) I wouldn't use the words "loyalty" and "Square Enix" in the same sentence if I was you. They broke their contract with Sony to make FF XIII a PS3 exclusive, and then lied to all of us loyal gamers about the game not being modified in any way. Riiight.

2) Go to the major gaming review sites and most of them are going to be gushing over this game. Just look at Famitsu with their 39/40 score. If you want honest info about this game, you're probably not going to get it from the reviews - at least not unless you know how to read between the lines. 

actually iv seen plenty of normal non-reviewer people who have played the import who posted some vids on youtube. they have said that, in their opinion, that this was generally a very good game with just a few hiccups and they had lots of fun playing it. im sure that there are people who have played it and didn't like it but im just saying that not all the good stuff said about this game has come out of big review sites.

Message 11 of 83 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2063 posts

Re: Why all the HATE???!!!! What's going on?!!! The game is not even out yet!!!!

Feb 16, 2010
IMHO This game deserves all the hate it's getting, and why shouldn't it? For every one positive aspect of this game there are 10 negatives... Square jumped ship on it's loyal fanbase to try and appease the masses at the cost of ruining it's good name... I'm still buying it of course and expecting a mediocre experience that could have been sooo much better but it'll give me my RPG fix for a while... I don't know though everything I've played after X was meh in my opinion and I think Square is just diggin a deeper hole.... I'm hoping they'll learn from this failed experiment and bring out an amazing game to save the series but for now it's just wishful thinking...
Message 12 of 83 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4477 posts

Feb 16, 2010

Aeternitas33 wrote:

1) I wouldn't use the words "loyalty" and "Square Enix" in the same sentence if I was you. They broke their contract with Sony to make FF XIII a PS3 exclusive, and then lied to all of us loyal gamers about the game not being modified in any way. Riiight.

2) Go to the major gaming review sites and most of them are going to be gushing over this game. Just look at Famitsu with their 39/40 score. If you want honest info about this game, you're probably not going to get it from the reviews - at least not unless you know how to read between the lines. 

First off SquareEnix, is a publishing company. Not just a development team. They also never made no such loyalty contract to any said corporation, and/or company. If you want to get technicall about this all. They had done a lot of games for the Nintendo, before SONY, and on top of that. Final Fantasy VII was also released on the PC too when it came out in 1997 (in America.) So, get some facts before you go spouting some loyalty crap.

When in the world did it become a "norm" to rely soley on review sites, and especially heavily biased major review sites at that? People these days. Get your own opinion before you start agreeing with any review site. It's called having a will, and a mind of your own. The only thing any review site should do for you is to help give you a "speculation" as to what "it" may be like. Other then that do not go relying on them. Trust you're own judgement.

Photobucket
Message 13 of 83 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2063 posts

Feb 16, 2010
So you're saying that in 1997 they made FF7 for PC your point? Did having the pc version hinder the production of FF7? What a failed argument really...... Go to a good restaurant and order a steak, and when they bring you out a Mcdonalds hamburger don't complain about okay?
Message 14 of 83 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Feb 16, 2010

JHEATED5 wrote:
So you're saying that in 1997 they made FF7 for PC your point? Did having the pc version hinder the production of FF7? What a failed argument really...... Go to a good restaurant and order a steak, and when they bring you out a Mcdonalds hamburger don't complain about okay?

Actually you made a failed argumentYou put two points and labeled them as 1Your two points were

1. SE bailed on their loyalty deal with Sony.

2. SE lied to consumers about the game being cut down because it is multi-platform.

He responded to your first point by saying SE has never been loyal to one company pointing out that 1-6 were nintendo 7 was sony and PC etc... 

But way to present your argument poorly and then harass people about it.

BTW OP I am looking forward to the game as well.

PSN ID: LGWTDC

Tim Drake will let me join him or die when DCU online comes out
Message 15 of 83 (1 View)
Wastelander
704 posts

Feb 16, 2010
Im excited for this game and cant wait!

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Fencejumpr
Message 16 of 83 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2984 posts

Feb 16, 2010
we are around i cant wait for the game alot of people are blowing evererything out of proportion. its gotten to the point you are not allowed to say anything possitive about this game without being flamed so many are just avoiding the forum.i have my copy and ce guide paid off and am still looking forward to it.
Message 17 of 83 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 16, 2010

I'm really excited for this. I bought my first PS3 just for this game and I couldn't be happier. I'm loving my PS3 right now.

I think this gen of games/systems have caused a lot of people to be looking for the "perfect game". It does seem that the mindset and ideals of gamers has changed drastically over the past 10 years. Everyone wants perfection and doesn't care about the thing that should matter most, FUN!!!

Message 18 of 83 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2063 posts

Feb 16, 2010
The argument has nothing to do with this game being perfect, I don't think anyone expects that... The thing is when you've anticipated a game for a while just to find out half of the game is missing due to the multiplat, then that's when it becomes a problem, that isn't speculation either... On the other hand they could have butchered the game and taken pieces out for other reasons too... Can anyone say DLC!
Message 19 of 83 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2984 posts

Feb 16, 2010
@ jheated but of course you will dismiss everything said here because it doesnt support youre argument. http://kotaku.com/5471819/square-enix-has-no-plans-for-final-fantasy-xiii-dlc
Message 20 of 83 (1 View)