Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 29 2003
By: Sarges24 Last Guardian 12042 posts

Which FF would be better to play 1st?

30 replies 1 views Edited Jun 29, 2003
Alright I just finished Suikoden I after one week and 41 hrs of gameplay. I'd really like to play II but I'm not paying $70+ for it. Instead I ordered FF Tactics, FF Anthology and FF IX last week. I'm 24 so set graphics aside because I like new and good old versions. Which one is better or which should I play first? I also have FFVII and haven't finished that yet but I'm so far into it for the second time and it's been like 4 years since I played it. I'm going to start Tomb Raider tonight so by the time I get my FF's I should be done with TRAOD. Thanks for your input ,

Message Edited by sarges24@hotmail.com on 07-01-2003 01:40 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8726 posts

Re: Which FF should I play?

Jun 29, 2003

,sarges24@hotmail.com wrote:
Alright I just finished Suikoden I after one week and 41 hrs of gameplay. I'd really like to play II but can't afford the rediculous amount they want for it so I ordered FF Tactics, FF Anthology and FF IX last week. Which one is better or which should I play first. I also have FFVII and haven't finished that yet but I'm so far into it for the second time and it's been like 4 years since I played it. I also have Suikoden III which I'd rather not play till I play II and Xenosaga but I can't get into Xenosaga. I'm gooing to start Tomb Raider tonight so by the time I get my FF's I should be done with TRAOD.

If i were you, i'd go ff9, but since everyone likes tactics a lot....then go with your gut.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jun 30, 2003

,TheParkingMeter wrote:

,sarges24@hotmail.com wrote:
Alright I just finished Suikoden I after one week and 41 hrs of gameplay. I'd really like to play II but can't afford the rediculous amount they want for it so I ordered FF Tactics, FF Anthology and FF IX last week. Which one is better or which should I play first. I also have FFVII and haven't finished that yet but I'm so far into it for the second time and it's been like 4 years since I played it. I also have Suikoden III which I'd rather not play till I play II and Xenosaga but I can't get into Xenosaga. I'm gooing to start Tomb Raider tonight so by the time I get my FF's I should be done with TRAOD.

If i were you, i'd go ff9, but since everyone likes tactics a lot....then go with your gut.

FFIX is the best game i played!it rules!

its a bit easy though...

but sometimes its hard.

theres lots of mini games.

Some cant wait to die!-auron-final fantasyX
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1977 posts

Jun 30, 2003
yes siince we are all suggesting nine i will agree too because thats one of my FAVE FF games. of COURSE it is cos it has moogles galore!!! =^_^= but other than the moogles it IS a really great game with a great storyline. I thought 9 had one of the best combinations of characters in any FF game I ever played. =^_^=
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Re: Which FF would be better to play 1st?

Jun 30, 2003
lol i keep seeing ff9s....sad, sad thing. 9 is like the joke of the series, it's totally boring and not worth playing unless you've gone through 7,8, 10. I've beaten 9 and felts more irritated then relieved. Well it is an opinion but anyway but if your going to start an ff better you start with ff6 or whatever number kefka is in. VI because you can get used to play with the bad graphics so you can be ready for 7 and all the ones before 6 aren't really as hard hitting.Then take 7,8,10,9 in that order.  Trust me, 9 hurts.

Message Edited by Kandis1 on 06-30-2003 11:27 AM

Death Awaits You
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2718 posts

Jun 30, 2003
Final Fantasy IX
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1827 posts

Jun 30, 2003

FF 7

Killzone
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Jun 30, 2003
XI then VII, then Tactics, Then VI then V
Aol or AIM: Cyro77787
FFXI-
Sever- Ragnorak
Name- Cyro
Gamer Advisory Panel Member
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
804 posts

Jun 30, 2003
take them in the order they come cus yeah if you like graphics its gonna bum u out degrading in graphics from 9 to 6 so start w/ 5 or 6
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3638 posts

Jun 30, 2003

,Cyro7787 wrote:
XI then VII, then Tactics, Then VI then V

I hope you mean IX, because XI isn't even out yet!  ...But I love all Final Fantasy games. But I'll just go with the majority. Play IX first.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes