Keyblade Wielder
9918 posts

Re: Whats up with ff13?!

Dec 3, 2009
If this is about racism, I think it's racist to even think that's racist. I don't really like the character since he seems kinda lame based on what I saw in the demo.
Message 11 of 23 (162 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1784 posts

Dec 3, 2009

kazukikatsuhito wrote:

Marcelbrkl wrote:

PrivateHudson wrote:
In Japan its still acceptable to be incredibly racist, so it'll be interesting to see what they do with this character. 

to be honest i dont see the racismed
then you wont understand, google it,  there is actually people complaining about it

then people need to grow up... sticks and stones right?... its not like hes wearing a KKK hood or is being called the N word... people now days are too soft... there complaining about a chocobo in an afro, when there are executions, genocide, and murder in shooters? makes no sense to me, i find those to be more offensive then a chocobo in an afro.

let me say i get where you and other people are coming from, but yall need to grow a pair... its intended to be "cute", hence a cute baby chocobo... but ignorance in people have twisted it around to make it look like racism... gotta love it -_-

Message 12 of 23 (162 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Dec 3, 2009

Xajen1 wrote:
If this is about racism, I think it's racist to even think that's racist. I don't really like the character since he seems kinda lame based on what I saw in the demo.
im not racist and its stupid if i think it i am, and im not, my point was its pointless what they did, and they could of done better

kazukikatsuhito
Message 13 of 23 (162 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2050 posts

Dec 3, 2009
It's not racist, nor is it offensive, at least by my standards. This is a more ridiculous claim than the Resident Evil 5 racism claims. "How dare the zombies in Africa be black, that's racist!". No, that's common sense, seeing as the majority of Africans are black.

In this case, they could've put a baby Chocobo in anyone's hair, and made any character, regardless of ethnicity, a somewhat goofy but ultimately thoughtful and sensitive (See how that's completely not a stereotype there?) father. It just so happens an afro would - once more, common sense - house a baby Chocobo much better than any other hair style. And who, generally, have afros? Common sense, people. Common sense. How can anyone misunderstand this?

Not to mention it's only Americans who have this problem, as the Japanese (Entirely different culture, you shouldn't be judging by "our" standards, but by theirs) don't have the history of slavery, oppression, and racism towards black people that Americans do.

The character is not racist. How about you play the game first, rather than judging based on appearance (read: racist tendency).

C'mon people.

Message Edited by ResidentZoidberg on 12-02-2009 11:37 PM

Spoony Bard

Message 14 of 23 (162 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7656 posts

Dec 3, 2009

kazukikatsuhito wrote:
we all are waiting for ff13 are we not? i downloaded a couple of japanese trailers and the gameplay and what not, story so far is ok, but my concern is this http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b391/kazukikatsuhito/FFXIII_Character_Wallpaper_by_Tunac.jpg> NOW!! you saw the characters,  lighting looks great with her cool sword and what not and nothing wacky on her at all such as snow,vanille, and others..... But this guy http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b391/kazukikatsuhito/l1.jpg>  Sazh Katzroy, a two-gun wielding softie that carries a baby chocobo in his afro. No, really.... Apparently he's a major character in the game.....but why a living baby chocobo in his hair, as a nest, to me that was really not cool, alot of people was offended about it, i know there not going to change it, but if you ask me, they made every character so nice looking, tight looking, but him....out of all..... but i want to see opinions and see if im alone in this, i for one wont be using him, cause of that dumb pointless fact, jsut why would they do that? make it funny, if so its not to alot of people, and me, what do you guys think
So, I guess if Sazh dressed like a gangster, rapped when he talked and carried cocaine in his afro that would be "cool"? What's wrong with having a character play the "nice guy" role?

Message 15 of 23 (162 Views)
Wastelander
745 posts

Dec 3, 2009

Horton23 wrote:

kazukikatsuhito wrote:

Marcelbrkl wrote:

PrivateHudson wrote:
In Japan its still acceptable to be incredibly racist, so it'll be interesting to see what they do with this character. 

to be honest i dont see the racismed
then you wont understand, google it,  there is actually people complaining about it

then people need to grow up... sticks and stones right?... its not like hes wearing a KKK hood or is being called the N word... people now days are too soft... there complaining about a chocobo in an afro, when there are executions, genocide, and murder in shooters? makes no sense to me, i find those to be more offensive then a chocobo in an afro.

let me say i get where you and other people are coming from, but yall need to grow a pair... its intended to be "cute", hence a cute baby chocobo... but ignorance in people have twisted it around to make it look like racism... gotta love it -_-

I'd just like to clarify that I don't think a black guy having a huge afro is racist.  I was just saying that it'll be interesting to see how the character turns out.  

Game over man... Game over!
Message 16 of 23 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7956 posts

Dec 3, 2009

Racist? No, not at all.

How does having a chocobo swimming around in your afro make you/SE racist?

People who call things racist are racist themselves.  

Photobucket
Message 17 of 23 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2065 posts

Dec 3, 2009

Jason007 wrote:

Racist? No, not at all.

Bingo

Message 18 of 23 (162 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1179 posts

Dec 3, 2009

colstripcapn wrote:

Jason007 wrote:

Racist? No, not at all.

Bingo

agreed

-_`do or do not, there is no try`_- Yoda

-_ Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!_- Auron

-_Memories are nice, but thats all they are_- Rikku

-_Genius ,Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist_- Tony Stark
Message 19 of 23 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5263 posts

Dec 3, 2009
The best way to get rid of racism is to stop talking about it. ~ Morgan Freeman
Message 20 of 23 (162 Views)
0 Likes