Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1624 posts

Re: What would you do if FF jumps consoles?

Oct 27, 2003
Monolith's Xeno owns my heart, and I could care less for FF as long as there is Xeno....
Message 21 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Oct 28, 2003

I would buy the new console.  FFIII and Secret of Mana was the reason I got SNES, FFVII was the reason I got PS1, FFX was the reason I got PS2.  If FFXII is coming out for Xbox then I will buy a Xbox as soon as FFXII comes out.

Message 22 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Oct 28, 2003

I followed them once, I would do so again.

If I remember correctly Sony owns 20-25% of Square....meaning that the premier FF games will stay mostly on Sony's machine.  FF CC on the Cube is an aberration and not one I plan on getting now that you HAVE to use a damn Gameboy to play it.  Connectivity is crap.

Either way, once the games stop being fun, which for me they have not, I will be there.  I still buy Nintendo systems because I love their premier franchises.

There is no such thing as a stupid question....there are only really stupid people asking.
Message 23 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
913 posts

Oct 28, 2003
If FF moved to the Gamecube or future Nintendo Nex-Gen system I would follow it. If it moved to the X-Box or future MS Nex-Gen system I wouldn't because I'm not giving MS $200 just because I want to play FF. I'd probably emulate it if it went to X-Box.
Message 24 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3753 posts

Oct 30, 2003
FF games have become to the point to where they're sitll a little decent, but not worth getting another console for. If they jumped then for some reason I really don't care any more. At this rate, it's not like they'll come up with another classic game with their emphasis on fan service and "remix" games anyway.  
Message 25 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8483 posts

Oct 30, 2003
I will follow it
,angreemunkee wrote:

FF CC on the Cube is an aberration and not one I plan on getting now that you HAVE to use a damn Gameboy to play it.  Connectivity is crap.

Again... You DON'T HAVE to use a Gameboy to play it, I'm not sure that goes for multiplayer but at least on single player... you don't need a gameboy advance to play it.

Please don't give out any false information...

Quote from http://www.rpgfan.com/previews/ff_crystal_chronicle/ffcc.html

"the game is fully playable without a Game Boy Advance"

Message 26 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
436 posts

Oct 30, 2003

Buy the other console.  My guess is they would go multi-platform and not switch so as to capture a larger audience.  They already develop them for PC and PS2 and now GC. 

You did what?! This is going to have serious consequences my friend.
Message 27 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1998 posts

Oct 30, 2003
i would deffinetly buy the console that ff was jumping to...  i dont think that will happen though...
Message 28 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Oct 30, 2003

,cloudstrife1988 wrote:
i would deffinetly buy the console that ff was jumping to...  i dont think that will happen though...

i agree, i doubt it will jump, but if it did, id follow it.

Message 29 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1336 posts

Oct 31, 2003

,Jecht wrote:
lets just say Final Fantasy moves to another console again. Would u buy that system just to play or just forget it and give up playing it?

I'd forget about the FF series if it jumped off of PC and PS2.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Everyone has a purpose, but few know what it is; do you know your purpose in life?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 30 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes