Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 02 2009
By: Beowulf304 Monster Hunter 43 posts

What happened to ffxii characters???

34 replies 140 views Edited Jul 2, 2009

Who was the person who designed the ffxii characters? Because they did a @#% job...There was no character developement at all... I mean there weren't any cool characters like Auron or Vinncent, for example. Characters that make you want to be like them, or characters you don't want to leave out of every battle. With FFX, I was bitting at the bit to get Auron back after you lose him in the beginning... And at the end of FFXII I didn't give a crap about any of the characters, just that Vaan was puss and everyone one else? well I still didn't care.

So basicly what happened? What was SE thinking?

The only character in FFXIII that interests me is Lightning, she's like Cloud but a girl. HEY! Lightning comes from Clouds! Wonder if that had anything to do with the name...

Message Edited by Beowulf304 on 07-01-2009 11:26 PM
Message 1 of 35 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Re: What happened to ffxii characters???

Jul 2, 2009

completely agree with you. FFXII SUCKED. i really hate it. the characters are so...so unrelatable. there is nothing you desire from them, or get attached to them. i was actually getting attached to the brother in the beginning of the game lol, but then he died and the real game started...and it was hell...

i feel like they tried to do it big..and got lost somewhere! i like to think of it as a "everybody makes mistakes" kinda thing lol. the worst part in my mind is, some people think it is the best in the series...why...

in terms of character dev, my fav FF game is FFVIII (as i have said enough on this forum lol). but i also love FFX and FFVI.

P.S.: i really feel like FFXII copied too much from star wars, is it just me? did not feel original and new like every other FF.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://freestylelance.blogspot.com/ JUST STARTED A BLOG; GIVE IT TIME TO GROW BUT DO CHECK IT OUT!!!

ID: de5gravity
games: dead space, resistance 2, LBP, the darkness, soul calibur 4, bioshock, prototype, flowers, rag doll kung fu, persona 4, guitar hero, star ocean 2nd evolution, the orange box, every single DMC lol
rented: cod 4, infamous, street fighter 4, virtua fighter 5, red faction guerrilla
Message 2 of 35 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7656 posts

Jul 2, 2009

de5gravity wrote:

the worst part in my mind is, some people think it is the best in the series...why...

Because everyone has their own opinion. 

Message 3 of 35 (140 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1914 posts

Jul 2, 2009

FFXII was made by the Ivalice Alliance. If you don't like it, you probably never played FFXI on which the battle system was based, or any of the Tactics titles on which the setting and characters are based. That's completely valid, but doesn't validate your opinion that everyone else should feel the same way. 

Message 4 of 35 (140 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1526 posts

Jul 2, 2009
I feel the exact same way. The characters have terrible development and I didn't see any motivation to actually care about them mostly. I don't know if a lot of people feel the same way, but that's basically how I see it.
Message 5 of 35 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7027 posts

Jul 2, 2009

The only two I liked were Fran and Balthier, other than that I really didn't care for many of the other characters (except Larsa's unlimited X-potions). They went a little overboard when they took Fran back to the Viera's (sp?) home, it looked like you took a trip to the Playboy Mansion or something , not to mention odd choices (or not so odd choices) for camera angles that fixated on Fran's ass.

Message 6 of 35 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2205 posts

Jul 2, 2009
its crazy that hardly anyone likes the characters in this game??? dont get me wrong there were some that i like better than others for example penelo, i didnt like her, but i still used her in battle cause i leveled everyone evenly.
Message 7 of 35 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Jul 2, 2009

Korbei83 wrote:

FFXII was made by the Ivalice Alliance. If you don't like it, you probably never played FFXI on which the battle system was based, or any of the Tactics titles on which the setting and characters are based. That's completely valid, but doesn't validate your opinion that everyone else should feel the same way. 

I actually enjoyed the battle system except Espers had a lot to be desired (not to mention useless!) and the misting got old having to watch them so many times! And I thought FFXI was enjoyable too. But I did some reading yesterday and found SE didn't use thier old character designer who made the characters for most of the previous FF titles.  So this new guy has a LOT to learn or he should be fired IMO.

And does anyone else think Vaan looks like a goat? and his Abs are like **bleep**???

Message 8 of 35 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Jul 2, 2009

icemanfresh wrote:
I feel the exact same way. The characters have terrible development and I didn't see any motivation to actually care about them mostly. I don't know if a lot of people feel the same way, but that's basically how I see it.

Yeah, characters never seemed to grow and change from thier experience together.Vaan remained a whiny diaper bag through and through.(Man a lot of hating on Vaan lol) And it always seemed like the FF series had some kind of love story which I enjoyed.  But there was nothing in FFXII.  I'm beginning to think Vann is gay...

Message 9 of 35 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jul 2, 2009

I am not saying that everyone else shoud feel the same way, I just wanted to know why other people liked it. And yes I never played XI but I di play and enjoy tactics. I guess without CGI scenes of spaceships flying around a la star wars, I never noticed how similar it was.

but by the look of this forum, looks like many people did not enjoy it. I feel better

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://freestylelance.blogspot.com/ JUST STARTED A BLOG; GIVE IT TIME TO GROW BUT DO CHECK IT OUT!!!

ID: de5gravity
games: dead space, resistance 2, LBP, the darkness, soul calibur 4, bioshock, prototype, flowers, rag doll kung fu, persona 4, guitar hero, star ocean 2nd evolution, the orange box, every single DMC lol
rented: cod 4, infamous, street fighter 4, virtua fighter 5, red faction guerrilla
Message 10 of 35 (140 Views)
0 Likes