Wastelander
804 posts

Re: The "What you don't like about VII" Thread

Oct 5, 2003

,Sepultura998 wrote:

,MeTaLfrvr wrote:

,Sepultura998 wrote:
I've noticed all of you worship Final Fantasy VII as a godsend to gaming. But All goodthings aside, what things do you dislike about it?. It's not a perfect game so please no "there is nothing wrong with it".

well..................what dont YOU like about it?

I dont like the graphic style either. the "block" bodys and stuff was kinda weird.

I don't like the Materia system. I hate fighting 200+ battles just for one Materia lv. up.                                        

I don't like the music. It was kind of dull and boring.

The fact that even Barret would have a hard time swinging the Buster Sword, but Cloud twirls it on his fingers. When Aruon gave Tidus the Longsword in X, Tidus had a hard time holding it, the fact that Cloud can hold that massive a sword is too unrealisitc even for Final Fantasy.

The fact that the characters were blocks gave the impression of an unfiinished, rushed game.

The English translation had more errors than a Major Leauge baseball game.

All those pointless items that can't be used "1/4 solider, super sweeper, tissue ect.".

The fact that Summons, All's and certian Magic Materia's. can only be used according to the Level they are on.

Cloud's Past in Kalm is one of the most boring parts in any FF game to date.

These are a few reasons why I don't hold VII so high and mighty as everyone else.

Message Edited by Sepultura998 on 10-04-2003 10:23 PM

first off, i apologize for the double post

second tissues arent useless you use them when in great glacier, but you do prove a point in stating all the useless items taking up room in your inventory.

Message 11 of 32 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18884 posts

Oct 5, 2003

,Sepultura998 wrote:

,MeTaLfrvr wrote:

,Sepultura998 wrote:
I've noticed all of you worship Final Fantasy VII as a godsend to gaming. But All goodthings aside, what things do you dislike about it?. It's not a perfect game so please no "there is nothing wrong with it".

well..................what dont YOU like about it?

I dont like the graphic style either. the "block" bodys and stuff was kinda weird.

I don't like the Materia system. I hate fighting 200+ battles just for one Materia lv. up.                                        

I don't like the music. It was kind of dull and boring.

The fact that even Barret would have a hard time swinging the Buster Sword, but Cloud twirls it on his fingers. When Aruon gave Tidus the Longsword in X, Tidus had a hard time holding it, the fact that Cloud can hold that massive a sword is too unrealisitc even for Final Fantasy.

The fact that the characters were blocks gave the impression of an unfiinished, rushed game.

The English translation had more errors than a Major Leauge baseball game.

All those pointless items that can't be used "1/4 solider, super sweeper, tissue ect.".

The fact that Summons, All's and certian Magic Materia's. can only be used according to the Level they are on.

Cloud's Past in Kalm is one of the most boring parts in any FF game to date.

These are a few reasons why I don't hold VII so high and mighty as everyone else.

Message Edited by Sepultura998 on 10-04-2003 10:23 PM

I can disagree with you on just about all those statements. (We all have a right to opinion and I'm just stating mine)

The materia system was very orignal. Leveling up materia shouldn't be a very major concern anyway. As long as you fight battles it'll keep up with you. It would be rediciulous if you could get cure 3 before you got out of midgar.

The music was great, like all of Nobuo Uematsu's

Cloud is strong. Nothing about the game is realistic. In the ending movie he lifts him and another person up with one arm. You can't say a gun as part of a man's arm is very realistc.

What do you expect from an old game? In-battle graphics were (are) awesome!

There are problems, but they don't take away from the experince too much (I don't think so anyway)

That's part of the materia system. What would you like it to be?

Kalm is one of the best parts of the game. It gets the story going!! It's a huge part. If you pay attention to the whole story you see how crazy Cloud is.

I don't like.......

They havn't made a sequal/prequal yet

Message 12 of 32 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Oct 5, 2003

yeah, the i guess ill call it 'entering' and 'exiting' cloud was kinda weird. i like how ct did it. everyone following you.

Message 13 of 32 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4748 posts

Oct 5, 2003

I didn't like the AP system, Chocobo raising, Trine, Roulette, and the Steal Materia, but I guess it can't be helped. AP came way too slowly, and Mug Materia was crap. Sometimes when you're up against an enemy that has a valuable item, it'll be hard to steal from them, and if your Steal Materia's maxed out, you'll do damage to them. This means that you have to be careful not to kill your enemies by healing them while trying to steal. It's even worse if they're zombies. If they're zombies, then you're SOL, because zombies are damaged by healing spells and items. Trine was just plain hard to get, because the only enemies I know of that carry it are the Materia Keeper and Yuffie's father, so it's easy to miss out. Also, there's Roulette. Death Dealers are the only enemies that carry them, and they rarely use them. Since they can't be manipulated, it's difficult to make sure you get it, and what's more, since it's entirely random, there's always a chance that it won't make it to your character. Also, Chocobo raising took way way way too long.

Badger Badger Badger Badger... Snake!
Message 14 of 32 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Oct 5, 2003

first of all, i didn't like the graphics of the game. second, i didn't like to see cloud acting retarded in a wheel chair *he was my idol *. also, lots of things such as chocobo breeding and getting the ultimate weapons were too tedious. the materia system was cool though, but getting the AP to level em up takes too much time and some of the weapons had too little slots!

last but not least.....i hated the part when aeris died!

Message 15 of 32 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1755 posts

Oct 5, 2003

,Sepultura998 wrote:

The graphics were bad, that's all. Everything else was PERFCT.

Message Edited by ps2 its a sony on 10-05-2003 06:25 AM

Stars are given out to members who are well behaved and provide accurate helpful service on the forums.
Message 16 of 32 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2804 posts

Oct 5, 2003

,Sepultura998 wrote:

One of the things I didn't like about the game was the AP system...I'm sure I can think of more.
Message 17 of 32 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7231 posts

Oct 5, 2003
That game is down right depresing.  When you listen to the music in Cloud's home town, it makes you feel like you're going to die tommorrow. **shivers and goes and plays FF8** There. . .now I fell better.
Message 18 of 32 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22274 posts

Oct 5, 2003

,Wakka333Blitzer wrote:
That game is down right depresing.  When you listen to the music in Cloud's home town, it makes you feel like you're going to die tommorrow. **shivers and goes and plays FF8** There. . .now I fell better.

That's the wonder of Nobuo Uemtasu. He can really set the tone for an area without having to rely too much on the work of the designers. I thought the tone in Nibelhelm he created with the music was perfect for the area and the mystery revolving around it. I guess the quality of the music in the game could've been improved. It didn't do the capabilities of a compact disc justice as it was just a really obvious midi. Final Fantasy IX had midi music, but that sounded fantastic. They could've done that. VII is still my overall favorite Final Fantasy soundtrack though.
Message 19 of 32 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3092 posts

Oct 5, 2003
I don't like how the buster sword is the weakest sword in the game!
Complete Final Fantasy Collection, and all beaten - next plz SE- My character - 75rdm/37blm http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?26362
Message 20 of 32 (44 Views)
0 Likes