Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 29 2003
By: Ewonian~ Fender Bender 3092 posts

The infamous battle between FFx and FFvii

21 replies 5 views Edited Sep 29, 2003

Okay this has gone way too long without being reviewed in a thread by us here at the boards:

First Graphics...

FFx:

Battle:

Cinemas:

FFvii:

Battle:

Cinema:

Now the storylines...

FF x:
Spira, a world devastated by a mysterious force known only as Sin. In this world, the existence of life teeters on the brink of extinction when Sin willfully destroys cities and lives. Tidus, a rising young star of a futuristic underwater sport called Blitzball is mysteriously forced into the world of Spira by Sin. Now he must travel to search for his homeland of Zanarkand. Along his journey he meets Yuna, a determined young woman who learns the ancient art of summoning and controlling aeons: powerful spirits of yore. They are joined by a cast of friends who will aid them along there way in their quest to defeat Sin and bring peace back to the world.

FF vii:
Shinra, an evil conglamorate corporation, is trying to suck the life force from the planet through the manufacturing of Mako energy from specialized plants. In the meantime, an anti-Shinra faction known as AVALANCHE has started a movement to put an end to Shinra's unrelenting control. However, what begins as a simple mission turns out to be much more... a new foe has arisen, Sephiroth, a self-proclaimed Ancient with mystic powers seeking the Promised Land to summon back the Ancients. To complete his plans for world domination, Sephiroth summoned a meteor capable of destroying all life forms... could it possibly be stopped? Only Cloud and his team stand a chance against such a power the world has never seen before.

You can add to the thread but only if you supply facts about both games and you don't just say FFx or FFvii sucks! Disregard my sig!

Message Edited by Ewonian on 09-29-2003 03:18 PM

Complete Final Fantasy Collection, and all beaten - next plz SE- My character - 75rdm/37blm http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?26362
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8755 posts

Re: The infamous battle between FFx and FFvii

Sep 29, 2003

Ewonian wrote:

Okay this has gone way too long without being reviewed in a thread by us here at the boards:

First Graphics...

FFx:

Battle:

Cinemas:

FFvii:

Battle:

Cinema:

Now the storylines...

FF x:
Spira, a world devastated by a mysterious force known only as Sin. In this world, the existence of life teeters on the brink of extinction when Sin willfully destroys cities and lives. Tidus, a rising young star of a futuristic underwater sport called Blitzball is mysteriously forced into the world of Spira by Sin. Now he must travel to search for his homeland of Zanarkand. Along his journey he meets Yuna, a determined young woman who learns the ancient art of summoning and controlling aeons: powerful spirits of yore. They are joined by a cast of friends who will aid them along there way in their quest to defeat Sin and bring peace back to the world.

FF vii:
Shinra, an evil conglamorate corporation, is trying to suck the life force from the planet through the manufacturing of Mako energy from specialized plants. In the meantime, an anti-Shinra faction known as AVALANCHE has started a movement to put an end to Shinra's unrelenting control. However, what begins as a simple mission turns out to be much more... a new foe has arisen, Sephiroth, a self-proclaimed Ancient with mystic powers seeking the Promised Land to summon back the Ancients. To complete his plans for world domination, Sephiroth summoned a meteor capable of destroying all life forms... could it possibly be stopped? Only Cloud and his team stand a chance against such a power the world has never seen before.

You can add to the thread but only if you supply facts about both games and you don't just say FFx or FFvii sucks! Disregard my sig!

Well... everyone can agree VII started it all, X I would have to say beats VII in graphics, but only because X's graphics weren't even imagined when VII was released. I personally like VII's battles more because of the feel, while X is the same but... different.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4748 posts

Sep 29, 2003
Sweet! You have the PC version of FFVII too?
Badger Badger Badger Badger... Snake!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Sep 29, 2003
I agree cozmo. FFVII started it out for me and without it I might not have enjoyed the FF series as much as I do. I do have to say the graphics have changed DRASTICALLY, but both storylines are amazing and gameplay was awesome. Whether FFVII is better than FFX...I'm still confused LOL.
-LIFE is OVERATED...Why is DEATH the NEMESIS??-
------------------GAP MEMBER------------------
-No one LIVES FOREVER. In fact, we ALL DIE-
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9154 posts

Sep 30, 2003

KeBeN wrote:
I agree cozmo. FFVII started it out for me and without it I might not have enjoyed the FF series as much as I do. I do have to say the graphics have changed DRASTICALLY, but both storylines are amazing and gameplay was awesome. Whether FFVII is better than FFX...I'm still confused LOL.

meh

i pick FF8 lol.... FFX story line was not to my liking... but the graphics were better than FF7... but i like FF8 outa all of them graphics were great (for that time period) and the story line was great too... plus was the first FF i played

i enjoy playing ff8 better than i do 7.. but the endings for both of them are kinda weird... ffx for me had too many loop holes in its story line (which im not gonna discuss since i have several times before and im tired of arguing) but hopefully ffx-2 will clear up any loop holes for me and not make things worse...

but to each their own
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1755 posts

Sep 30, 2003
You better edit spoiler.
Stars are given out to members who are well behaved and provide accurate helpful service on the forums.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9154 posts

Sep 30, 2003

ps2 its a sony wrote:
You better edit spoiler.

yea i forgot to mention that.... u should edit ur message and put *spoiler* in the subject line... cuz ur ruining the games for ppl who havent played them yet

it says to do it at the top of this board in bright yellow words... i dont understand how ppl miss it...
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4285 posts

Sep 30, 2003

,Ewonian wrote:

Now the storylines...

FF x:

FF vii:

This thread will get us nowhere. All the VII Fans will be too pig headed to say "X" is better and all the X fans will be too pig headed to say "VII" Is better. And Most likely X will lose no matter what the situation. Not because of how good it is opposed to VII. But because VII was most everyones first FF. And when it comes to sentimental value, I guess that overules actual quality nowadays. Like take gringita for example, she says "VIII is my favorite because it was my first". Most people hate VIII for some reason, but gringita liked it because it was her first and most likely has sentimental value. It's all about how gamers feel emotionally about each one. Because of this, I don't think VII and X could fairly vs eachother. But for the record, I'd have to say X because my first FF was either VI or VII, I can't remember which so I don't have sentimental value for any FF, but I played X and enjoyed it very much so thats why I chose X.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6527 posts

Sep 30, 2003

,Gringita709 wrote:

,KeBeN wrote:

meh

i pick FF8 lol.... FFX story line was not to my liking... but the graphics were better than FF7... but i like FF8 outa all of them graphics were great (for that time period) and the story line was great too... plus was the first FF i played

i enjoy playing ff8 better than i do 7.. but the endings for both of them are kinda weird... ffx for me had too many loop holes in its story line (which im not gonna discuss since i have several times before and im tired of arguing) but hopefully ffx-2 will clear up any loop holes for me and not make things worse...

but to each their own
Gringita sumed it all up for me..FF8 was also my first Final Fantasy and my favourite. FFVII, im still trying to beat..but FF10 was too easy in my opinion..and was kinda of stupid since they removed the world map. From what ive seen soo far from FF7..i think 7's better.

Message Edited by Perron on 09-30-2003 04:56 AM

.: July 16th - HP : HBP :.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3092 posts

Sep 30, 2003

,Perron wrote:

,Gringita709 wrote:

,KeBeN wrote:

meh

but to each their own
Gringita sumed it all up for me..FF8 was also my first Final Fantasy and my favourite. FFVII, im still trying to beat..but FF10 was too easy in my opinion..and was kinda of stupid since they removed the world map. From what ive seen soo far from FF7..i think 7's better.

Message Edited by Perron on 09-30-2003 04:56 AM

Yeah I sorta missed the world map, but it did beat roaming the world for hours looking for a certain town...And in the ones with the world map, looking for a town or place that was almost 1/4 of the time you played the entire game, where it took me really long to beat x and i wasn't looking all over the world for a certain area...I do understand what you mean though, but the series always makes dramatic changes in what they do...I have no clue what to expect for final fantasy xii!
Complete Final Fantasy Collection, and all beaten - next plz SE- My character - 75rdm/37blm http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?26362
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes