Dec 22 2011
By: helder3000 Splicer 66 posts

The Ending To Final Fantasy XIII-2 Will Surprise You

2 replies 279 views Edited Dec 22, 2011

Source & Full Story: http://playstationedge.com/general-gaming/the-ending-to-final-fantasy-xiii-2-will-surprise-you/

With Final Fantasy XIII-2 out for nearly a week in Japan, those who have completed every objective in the sequel in order to unlock the game’s hidden ending were in for a surprise.

Warning! Spoilers ahead!

Despite previous statements by director Motomu Toriyama implying that Lightning “ends up happy”, Final Fantasy XIII-2 does not have a fairy tale ending for our pink haired heroine. The information is out there for those who really wish to know how it ends, but without going into too many details here we’re just going to say that Caius proves to be a worthy Final Fantasy villain.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 has nine different endings but it’s the first CG ending that many will unlock during their initial play through that’s the real deal. This ending closes with the words “to be continued”. Even with its numerous endings it’s the secret ending which can only be unlocked after collecting all of the 160 fragments in the game that confirms that Square Enix isn’t done with XIII.

While there’s the possibility that Final Fantasy XIII-3 could be around the corner, the true conclusion to Final Fantasy XIII-2 may play out through extra story content rather than a sequel. Producer Yoshinori Kitase recently confirmed at a Square Enix fan event in Japan that there are plans for story scenario download content after the game has been released.

Source & Full Story: http://playstationedge.com/general-gaming/the-ending-to-final-fantasy-xiii-2-will-surprise-you/

Message 1 of 3 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Re: The Ending To Final Fantasy XIII-2 Will Surprise You

Dec 24, 2011

I skimmed the post for minimum spoilage, but I'm really excited for XIII-2 especially with this news about what the ending's going to be like.

Currently working on finishing XIII so I can transfer my save file info when I get the sequel

Message 2 of 3 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3063 posts

Re: The Ending To Final Fantasy XIII-2 Will Surprise You

Dec 30, 2011

That's pretty sad way to chump up some change for the series from the fans.Beat the game get a to be continued ending. So you can buy the DLC to get the inevitable ending to it. That what would rub me the wrong way if I had bought the game only to find out I gotta buy the DLC for an ending. This looks like a possible blackslash on SE if they decide to do that. And then we have another possible FFXIII-3 on the way which I may have to believe they planning to pull the same possible stunt they might be doing with FFXIII-2's ending?

This will make me wanna just watch what SE has in plan if they even mention anything about creating DLC for Final Fantasy game. I'd stay away and see if they plan to do something this dumb avoid even paying for anything like this.

This is probably the number 1 reasons a lot of people are so against DLC is the ending factor for games. Who cares about the number of hours we get out of the game in the DLC the ending is the factor of the sotry. If we can't get an ending of the original purchase of the game without the DLC then we have a problem.

Messing with me is like playing with death.
Message 3 of 3 (279 Views)
0 Likes