Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

Re: The Best Final Fantasy Game is XIII?

Mar 18, 2012

I like VII, X, and XII. I have XIII, but I don't think it is as fun as the previous entries.

Message 70 of 81 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
271 posts

Mar 18, 2012

well dont have high expectations and it should be just fine... in all honesty it is a different game with no connection to the rest except the name and shouldnt be compared to the rest

Message 71 of 81 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 18, 2012

I will always love VI, XI, VII, XII, XIII, VIII and XIII-2. In that order even. ^^;; I just love the characters, stories and music in those so much. I will admit though that I don't think I will ever fully love the combat style of XIII, every time I think I get the hang of it the boss character/regular foe tends to spam their evil high powered attacks one after another or every other move. ^^;; That's just not fair. >_< Or maybe I just simply can't get the hang of the battle system enough to survive even when the enemies do that to me. I don't know but I adore Lightning so it's worth the frustration.

Message 72 of 81 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
271 posts

Mar 19, 2012
Message 73 of 81 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Mar 20, 2012

I think its the best game by far because there is no other game out there that ive played thats that epic overall

Message 74 of 81 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
730 posts

Mar 22, 2012

MJB2348765 wrote:

Do you think Final Fantasy XIII is the best game in the series to date, why or why not?

if you ask me there is no best ff, there all good in there own way.

Currently Playing:
PSP-Final Fantasy Vi
PS3:White knight chronicles 2, god of war ascention, tomb raider, rockband 2, little big planet 2
Message 76 of 81 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3994 posts

Mar 25, 2012

Ryuna1 wrote:

MJB2348765 wrote:

Do you think Final Fantasy XIII is the best game in the series to date, why or why not?

if you ask me there is no best ff, there all good in there own way.

Currently Playing:
PSP-Persona 3 portable
PS3: Little Big Planet 2, Resonance of fate, Dantes Inferno, Medevil Moves.

Yeah, true.

Message 77 of 81 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Mar 27, 2012

I don't think it's the best. For me VII and X were the best ones. XII is my least favourite of them all.

XIII is a good game and doesn't deserve as much hate as it gets. I think people jumped on the hate wagon but when you think back to the game it was pretty good.

Message 78 of 81 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Mar 27, 2012

U read my mind on the exact words u said it has a very epic storyline but has its flaws but when i played through the game and beaten it ahh man was it mindblowing the bosses were just fantastic the timecompression part was ridiculously insane the music brings it all together the game is just extrordinary in my eyes i love it and thats why i bought it for my psp so i could play it again again and again its great

Message 79 of 81 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2491 posts

Apr 5, 2012

Basch1990 wrote:

i kinda understand the whole using the selection you want to use and you actually can do that... and also the paradigms are there to make it as if you are switching between attack/magic/defence and all others... it was actually pretty clever... i just didnt like how if the leader died it was game over and how it took too long to switch the paradigms... the story was really great... how it split off and all came together in the end was a perfect idea... FF may not be what it was before but come on... they are running out of stories and different gameplays that they have to switch it up... and also the worst FF game has already been decided as the Crystal Bearers for the Wii (dont say it doesnt count cause it does... it says Final Fantasy on the front which makes it count)... game informer has already stated this... FFXIII had to be in the top 10 best FF games... and the music was also quite beautiful... IMO it was very memorable... i cant get it out of my head... i get in there and i hum the music every time and i played about 60hours of it.... if the continued with the same path they always did with the originl FF games i swear you would start complaining how its getting old... and SE knew this and switched the games up... just like they have with every other series that lasts longer then 3 games...if you stick with the same it gets old fast...from X up to XIV they have been changing it a lot... XII was a bit of an expirament to see how people would like it... i thought the story was great but the battle system could use some work... it all comes down to change... they tried XIII and nobody, but a select few who could see how great the game was story wise and char wise, thought the game was any good... they complained about every little thing sounding like spoiled children who should just find the games they were suited for instead of FF... IMO XIII was a great try by SE but it just barely made the top 10 in FF games... i just wish people would see that... but no they are too blind by games like Skyrim and the old FF games that they have too high of expectations

Basch1990 Trophy Card

Game informer stated that the Final Fantasy for Wii counts or that it is the worst of all time? Video games are hard to put into top 10 lists and it's hard to take top 10 lists posted, no matter how credible the source, seriously because we all have our opinions. Therefore I say "game informer and their top 10 list can shove it because I know what I like." For me, personally, Final Fantasy XIII was a huge disappointment.

If they stuck with the same mechanics I promise that I would not complain about it getting old because the most important aspect for me is story; bad gameplay mechanics can ruin that. Final Fantasy has always been a great series for me but I must be getting old because the new ones just don't do it for me anymore. They lack everything that I really loved about playing these games. Oh well, there are plenty of games out that are "suited for me" and play much better than Final Fantasy XIII. Seriously, they couldn't even tell the story all the way through without having to give more information via the datapad thing. I have no problem reading but if you're going to tell a story tell it through dialogue and action and not mediocre, disjointed, story telling with gaps filled in by a silly datapad. I thought it really upset the flow of the game and I always felt that I was missing something every time I decided to skip reading the new datapad entries. The datapad wasn't even interesting to read; it felt like a chore.   

Message 80 of 81 (122 Views)
0 Likes