Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/22/2012
Offline
271 posts
 

Re: The Best Final Fantasy Game is XIII?

Mar 12, 2012

XIII is my in my top 3 favorites... i play games for their stories since games are supposed to be a way of telling a story with you playing the main character... and XIII had one of the best stories i have ever had the privilage of playing... i will agree that XIII had its flaws but so did every other FF game... somebody on the FF forums i use stated tht the paradigms were like selecting attack magic and defence... its a good point cause that is what it feels like to me... i give the game itself a 8/10

Message 60 of 81 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/14/2011
Offline
3994 posts
 

Re: The Best Final Fantasy Game is XIII?

Mar 12, 2012

Is FFXlll the first game to ever be divided into 2 parts in the Final Fantasy game series?

Message 61 of 81 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 04/26/2007
Online
11310 posts
 

Re: The Best Final Fantasy Game is XIII?

Mar 12, 2012

MJB2348765 wrote:

Is FFXlll the first game to ever be divided into 2 parts in the Final Fantasy game series?

No. In 2003 Square Enix published Final Fantasy X-2, the first-ever direct sequel to a Final Fantasy game.


Message 62 of 81 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/22/2012
Offline
271 posts
 

Re: The Best Final Fantasy Game is XIII?

Mar 12, 2012

and then they also had XII-2 Revanent Wings for the DS

Message 63 of 81 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/14/2011
Offline
3994 posts
 

Re: The Best Final Fantasy Game is XIII?

Mar 12, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

MJB2348765 wrote:

Is FFXlll the first game to ever be divided into 2 parts in the Final Fantasy game series?

No. In 2003 Square Enix published Final Fantasy X-2, the first-ever direct sequel to a Final Fantasy game.


O, yeah thanks

Message 64 of 81 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/22/2012
Offline
271 posts
 

Re: The Best Final Fantasy Game is XIII?

Mar 12, 2012

DX what about me??? i brought up the XII-2

Message 65 of 81 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/14/2011
Offline
3994 posts
 

Re: The Best Final Fantasy Game is XIII?

Mar 12, 2012

Basch1990 wrote:

DX what about me??? i brought up the XII-2

O_O, Thank you Basch-Kun, lol.

Message 66 of 81 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/22/2012
Offline
271 posts
 

Re: The Best Final Fantasy Game is XIII?

Mar 12, 2012

Anata no kangei, MJB-kun

Message 67 of 81 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/05/2008
Offline
2491 posts
 

Re: The Best Final Fantasy Game is XIII?

Mar 14, 2012

Call me old school but I think Final Fantasy IV, VI, IX, and X are the best (with IV being my favorite). I think IV is the first Final Fantasy that really changed the game into what it is up until Final Fantasy X. It had a great story and excellent gameplay. X is probably my second favorite because it has a lot of old school elements to it but it really expanded upon all the previous aspects of Final Fantasy games and turned it into something memorable and great. It's too bad they didn't stick with it because they had something really special. I'm not saying that they should produce clones of previous games I just wish that they could continue expanding on the basic formula.

In my opinion, XIII is the worst of them all (with XII being a distant second...p.s. I haven't played XIII-2). Although the characters were a lot of fun and they all had great weapons, the story was a bit lacking and the battle mechanics were horrible. Part of what I like about playing Final Fantasy is scrolling through all the menus and finding the attack/magic/item I want to use. Automating the main aspect of the game was a terrible mistake and pretty much hammered the last nail into the coffin of my favorite series of games. I might give XIII-2 a try when it's $20 but for right now I have no itention of playing XIII-2 as I am still very disappointed with XIII. I am also not very excited for the future of this series until I see them start to hold true to their roots but expand on them as well (like X did). Until then I have no intention of playing any future final fantasy releases.

Another qualm that I have is with the soundtracks of newer final fantasies. Although the music is great I really wish that it could be more memorable than what it is. I don't find any of the tunes getting stuck in my head like they used to; they don't really have solid melodic lines that one can remember for a lifetime. The music now is more thetrical movie music to provide ambience rather than strong melodies than one can associate with different characters/locations; I am happy that the chocobo theme has stuck around though! Don't get me wrong, the music now is great music it's just not what I expect from Final Fantasy. After having played Final Fantasy IV for the first time more than 10 years ago (most recent playthrough being within the last 5 years). I still find the Red Wings theme getting stuck in my head from time to time. Also, the theme for Troia was a beautiful, and memorable, piece of music even in midi form.









Message 68 of 81 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/22/2012
Offline
271 posts
 

Re: The Best Final Fantasy Game is XIII?

Mar 15, 2012

P08C wrote:

In my opinion, XIII is the worst of them all (with XII being a distant second...p.s. I haven't played XIII-2). Although the characters were a lot of fun and they all had great weapons, the story was a bit lacking and the battle mechanics were horrible. Part of what I like about playing Final Fantasy is scrolling through all the menus and finding the attack/magic/item I want to use. Automating the main aspect of the game was a terrible mistake and pretty much hammered the last nail into the coffin of my favorite series of games. I might give XIII-2 a try when it's $20 but for right now I have no itention of playing XIII-2 as I am still very disappointed with XIII. I am also not very excited for the future of this series until I see them start to hold true to their roots but expand on them as well (like X did). Until then I have no intention of playing any future final fantasy releases.









i kinda understand the whole using the selection you want to use and you actually can do that... and also the paradigms are there to make it as if you are switching between attack/magic/defence and all others... it was actually pretty clever... i just didnt like how if the leader died it was game over and how it took too long to switch the paradigms... the story was really great... how it split off and all came together in the end was a perfect idea... FF may not be what it was before but come on... they are running out of stories and different gameplays that they have to switch it up... and also the worst FF game has already been decided as the Crystal Bearers for the Wii (dont say it doesnt count cause it does... it says Final Fantasy on the front which makes it count)... game informer has already stated this... FFXIII had to be in the top 10 best FF games... and the music was also quite beautiful... IMO it was very memorable... i cant get it out of my head... i get in there and i hum the music every time and i played about 60hours of it.... if the continued with the same path they always did with the originl FF games i swear you would start complaining how its getting old... and SE knew this and switched the games up... just like they have with every other series that lasts longer then 3 games...if you stick with the same it gets old fast...from X up to XIV they have been changing it a lot... XII was a bit of an expirament to see how people would like it... i thought the story was great but the battle system could use some work... it all comes down to change... they tried XIII and nobody, but a select few who could see how great the game was story wise and char wise, thought the game was any good... they complained about every little thing sounding like spoiled children who should just find the games they were suited for instead of FF... IMO XIII was a great try by SE but it just barely made the top 10 in FF games... i just wish people would see that... but no they are too blind by games like Skyrim and the old FF games that they have too high of expectations

Message 69 of 81 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes