Mar 09 2010
By: ap6ehw Uncharted Territory 1816 posts

[THIS THREAD FAILD] The Flame wars are getting a tiny bit out of hand..?

22 replies 42 views Edited Mar 9, 2010

The game isn't even out yet and people are posting threads about it being liner and other guys come in to argue the fact that only the first bit is and then the other person comes in and saids idc and then BLAH BLAH BLAH, any one i could rant on forever, why can't we all just state are opinions instead of arguing, if one decides  to argue turn your head and ignore there post.

EDITED

i am playing the game for story... :/ and i like liner, more easy and forces me to stay on story! some of my fav games are liner like DMC!

UPDATED!

Okay, this thread has turned into a bunch of people fighting! omg... this threads purpose is no more, and never was/

Photobucket
Message 16 of 23 (42 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
661 posts

Re: The Flame wars are getting a tiny bit out of hand..?

Mar 8, 2010

ap6ehw wrote:

The game isn't even out yet and people are posting threads about it being liner and other guys come in to argue the fact that only the first bit is and then the other person comes in and saids idc and then BLAH BLAH BLAH, any one i could rant on forever, why can't we all just state are opinions instead of arguing, if one decides  to argue turn your head and ignore there post.

Well for starters, it's linear, when you play the game you will finally shut up.

Second, people complain about this because the game has very little of other things to get your mind of of not being able to explore. Hence why people complain about it. You want to go on and do soemthing else for an hour or two, but the game forces you to go only into the story. What don't you get? Most of the people on forums like this are hardcore fans, whom are let down easily when a game isn't as complete as the previous. People want FF13 to be as fun and complete as FF6/7/8/10, but it isn't and never will be.

You see, GOW3, that game gets praise from its reviewers because it's the greatness of GOW2, but it adds to it. It keeps what people love about GOD (God of war) franchise. FF13 doesn't go into the project savoring what the fans love about their games, but does what they want, or it seems like it. So SHUT UP YOU LITTLE GIRL, people have high expectations about titles/franchises they love and these people complaining are buying the game anyways. Plus, all this negitive notation shows Sqare what the people want for their next game (FF15). FF13 is a good game, and a nice start for them on the next gen platforms, but it isn't what 'we' expected. See 'we' don't care about evolving technology or what not, we just want better every time. Obviously for a first time, to make FF13 better on their first try on this gen was to much of a leap foward. Don't think you really get the essence of why and what people are complaing about, it's not really about "linearity".

Message 1 of 23 (42 Views)
Wastelander
870 posts

Mar 8, 2010

Uh, having been here for a long time I can say that mainly the flame wars come from somewhere else and you are complaining about those wars over here.

Message 2 of 23 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Mar 8, 2010

c i have to disagree with u there, I know exploration is good but RPG is about Story and the characters u play as, to be honest i thought those exploration was kinda annoying, i mean some rpg games they expect u to explore so u can lvl up and if u didn't explored it just becomes impossible to beat the next big enemy or if somehow went through them 100% impossible to beat final boss/es, I think FF13 is best rpg so far i heard of from this point, its gets u what u want, Story, and characters. I mean FF13 could put exploration in it sure and tell u come and visit w.e world it beatiful and it has some funnt side characters but FF13 just plain out come out with this is rpg and u don't have to go through all those side quest to beat the game, we give u what u want and it is good enough to support the game without the side quests. I'm not saying old rpg didn't had that, but really do u played FF7 or w.e just to play the side quest? or did u wanted to know what happen to the characters in the end and how the story ends?

Message 3 of 23 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Mar 8, 2010

Yacboi: I play FF games for both story and game.  I don't understand why people have to choose 1 or the other.  The simple fact is that FF13 chose to emphasize ONE PART of the gameplay experience instead of BOTH PARTS.

Message 4 of 23 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Mar 8, 2010

r u talking about side quest and other as gameplay? i mean  it is gameplay but it is not that important, from what i know side quests r there so u can explore the land more, level up, extend the game hour, or expand the character development. From what i heard FF13 got all that with out side quests. it has 30+ hour of game hour, like u said FF13 covers the whole story and character thing, and Action is great, what u guys want more from this idk, honestly only thing holding me back from buying this game is the detail of battle system because i hated FF12 battle system, but other than that i think this game is fine.

Message 5 of 23 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Mar 8, 2010

find it odd that "everyone's" favorite FF is one thats similar in pacing to FF13...

yup- FF7, why no complaints there?

the first 7-15 hours were totally linear then the world opened up.

sounds very similar to FF13.

in FF7 ur in midgar for the first quarter of the game, then the world map becomes accessible.

in FF13 your in cocoon then you go to an open area of the game...

if all you ragers, flamers and fanboys keep that in mind, matbe it wont be so bad...

PS- with those nouns, you could all hang out at 'the gothic castle*'...

*= british accent.

Message 6 of 23 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Mar 8, 2010

lungbrace wrote:

find it odd that "everyone's" favorite FF is one thats similar in pacing to FF13...

yup- FF7, why no complaints there?

the first 7-15 hours were totally linear then the world opened up.

sounds very similar to FF13.

in FF7 ur in midgar for the first quarter of the game, then the world map becomes accessible.

in FF13 your in cocoon then you go to an open area of the game...

if all you ragers, flamers and fanboys keep that in mind, matbe it wont be so bad...

PS- with those nouns, you could all hang out at 'the gothic castle*'...

*= british accent.

uh, obviously if FF13 was like FF6/7/8/9 then nobody would be complaining but it's not.  You're completely off the mark about FFXIII and until you play the game you have no idea how different the game is.  Also another thing to keep in mind is that I have no idea how people play FF until they tell me. 

It sounds like you are a story person so it doesn't SEEM like it's any less or more linear however I'm a game person.  As soon as I got out of Midgar I was powering up my guys, stealing more advanced gear, beating the snake, getting Yuffie, levelling up my materia.  Yes, that is all from the span of going to your first town all the way up until the port town. 

In FF13, its not designed like that at all.  None of what you said fits in with FF13 because it's a different game.  The span of Midgar > World Map is different from Cocoon > Gran Pulse because Midgar is only the beginning of the game. Gran Pulse is the END of the game.  Cocoon is like 70% of the game.

Sorry to say but play the game first before you start making comparisons.

Message 7 of 23 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6810 posts

Mar 8, 2010

You just now notice the 'fail' of most arguments on these boards? All I do is look at the phrasing of the sentences and I know. Using words like "obviously, always, never, BEST, WORST, etc." (extremely one-sided phrases that limit an 'agreement' or a basis for open discussion) is one fatal flaw. Just look at half the posts here.

Plus, it's pretty 'fail-a-rific' when people don't even care about grammatical rules or read over the post for revision. Using grammar like "i c ur point; i am cool; ur dumb; are opinions (instead of 'our' opinions) - just destroy the voice of the post. When I read unrevised sentences like that I always think of a little 4th grader's voice, of which can't be taken seriously.

In the end, I will be getting FFXIII... despite my extreme skepticism of the story being any good. In my eyes, it looks like FFX-2, version 2.0. Maybe it picks up or blows my mind away, we'll all find out for ourselves. Some of us will love it, some will hate it, while some will be in-between. I, personally, have yet to be blown away by any FF since FFVIII. That was a decade ago.

.:. .:.
Message 8 of 23 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Mar 8, 2010

xC2x wrote:

You just now notice the 'fail' of most arguments on these boards?

The funny thing is nobody cares about your post but you seem to think people do

Message 9 of 23 (42 Views)
0 Likes