Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Nov 20 2003
By: xarkanex Treasure Hunter 8971 posts
Offline

Someone needs to refresh me on FFX's ending *Spoilers*

8 replies 3 views Edited Nov 20, 2003

So, with FFX, I had the worst case of PPD (Post Pixel Depression) ever. I got to the end, and never finished it, cause I wanted it to last longer. Well, since I picked up FFX-2, I kinda needed to finish X cause I never have. Now I forgot a TON about FFX, so I need my memory refreshed.

,

I beat the game, beat all the Aeons and whatnot. But the ending confuses me. Why does Tidus dissapear? and after the credits, why is he shown swimming? Thats actually not all I need to know. Could someone kinda explain the ending for me? I completey forgot the sotry, and I want to start FFX-2, but I want to understand the ending first. Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------
AIM sn: PM me is you really want it.
>xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/06/2003
Offline
1087 posts
 

Re: Someone needs to refresh me on FFX's ending *Spoilers*

Nov 20, 2003

,
,
,MeTaLfrvr wrote:
,

So, with FFX, I had the worst case of PPD (Post Pixel Depression) ever. I got to the end, and never finished it, cause I wanted it to last longer. Well, since I picked up FFX-2, I kinda needed to finish X cause I never have. Now I forgot a TON about FFX, so I need my memory refreshed.

,

I beat the game, beat all the Aeons and whatnot. But the ending confuses me. Why does Tidus dissapear? and after the credits, why is he shown swimming? Thats actually not all I need to know. Could someone kinda explain the ending for me? I completey forgot the sotry, and I want to start FFX-2, but I want to understand the ending first. Thanks!


,
,

In FFX, Tidus is actually a dream of the fayth of Gagazet, as are all of the Zanarkand inhabitants from 1000 years ago.  When the characters of FFX defeated the aeons, the fayth of Gagazet faded away, as did Tidus.  The only one of them who didn't fade away was Jecht, because he touched Sin, but he also died.  In the end of FFX, Tidus fades away.  I don't know why he is in the water at the end though.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/24/2002
Offline
8765 posts
 

Re: Someone needs to refresh me on FFX's ending *Spoilers*

Nov 20, 2003

Sephiroth2290 wrote:


MeTaLfrvr wrote:

So, with FFX, I had the worst case of PPD (Post Pixel Depression) ever. I got to the end, and never finished it, cause I wanted it to last longer. Well, since I picked up FFX-2, I kinda needed to finish X cause I never have. Now I forgot a TON about FFX, so I need my memory refreshed.

I beat the game, beat all the Aeons and whatnot. But the ending confuses me. Why does Tidus dissapear? and after the credits, why is he shown swimming? Thats actually not all I need to know. Could someone kinda explain the ending for me? I completey forgot the sotry, and I want to start FFX-2, but I want to understand the ending first. Thanks!




In FFX, Tidus is actually a dream of the fayth of Gagazet, as are all of the Zanarkand inhabitants from 1000 years ago. When the characters of FFX defeated the aeons, the fayth of Gagazet faded away, as did Tidus. The only one of them who didn't fade away was Jecht, because he touched Sin, but he also died. In the end of FFX, Tidus fades away. I don't know why he is in the water at the end though.


Tidus being in the water at the end is supposed to leave you wondering and sets up the journey for FFX-2.

Message Edited by Gamecaver on 11-20-2003 04:12 PM

Wearing the 45
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2003
Offline
8971 posts
 

Re: Someone needs to refresh me on FFX's ending *Spoilers*

Nov 20, 2003

,
,
,Sephiroth2290 wrote:

,
,
,MeTaLfrvr wrote:
,

So, with FFX, I had the worst case of PPD (Post Pixel Depression) ever. I got to the end, and never finished it, cause I wanted it to last longer. Well, since I picked up FFX-2, I kinda needed to finish X cause I never have. Now I forgot a TON about FFX, so I need my memory refreshed.

,

I beat the game, beat all the Aeons and whatnot. But the ending confuses me. Why does Tidus dissapear? and after the credits, why is he shown swimming? Thats actually not all I need to know. Could someone kinda explain the ending for me? I completey forgot the sotry, and I want to start FFX-2, but I want to understand the ending first. Thanks!


,
,

In FFX, Tidus is actually a dream of the fayth of Gagazet, as are all of the Zanarkand inhabitants from 1000 years ago.  When the characters of FFX defeated the aeons, the fayth of Gagazet faded away, as did Tidus.  The only one of them who didn't fade away was Jecht, because he touched Sin, but he also died.  In the end of FFX, Tidus fades away.  I don't know why he is in the water at the end though.
,
,
ahHA! Yes, I remmember now, thank you, thats what I needed!
-------------------------------------------------------------
AIM sn: PM me is you really want it.
>xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/07/2003
Offline
1998 posts
 

Re: Someone needs to refresh me on FFX's ending *Spoilers*

Nov 20, 2003

thanks for the post metal.... i hadnt forgotten the ending but i didnt understand the whole jecht thing...

,

 

,

edit:  but tidus also was touched by sin right?  and he didnt die right?  so maybe thats how he (spoiler)  makes an appearance in x-2?

Message Edited by cloudstrife1988 on 11-20-2003 01:38 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/06/2003
Offline
1087 posts
 

Re: Someone needs to refresh me on FFX's ending *Spoilers*

Nov 20, 2003

,
,
,MeTaLfrvr wrote:

,
,
,Sephiroth2290 wrote:

,
,
,MeTaLfrvr wrote:
,

So, with FFX, I had the worst case of PPD (Post Pixel Depression) ever. I got to the end, and never finished it, cause I wanted it to last longer. Well, since I picked up FFX-2, I kinda needed to finish X cause I never have. Now I forgot a TON about FFX, so I need my memory refreshed.

,

I beat the game, beat all the Aeons and whatnot. But the ending confuses me. Why does Tidus dissapear? and after the credits, why is he shown swimming? Thats actually not all I need to know. Could someone kinda explain the ending for me? I completey forgot the sotry, and I want to start FFX-2, but I want to understand the ending first. Thanks!


,
,

In FFX, Tidus is actually a dream of the fayth of Gagazet, as are all of the Zanarkand inhabitants from 1000 years ago.  When the characters of FFX defeated the aeons, the fayth of Gagazet faded away, as did Tidus.  The only one of them who didn't fade away was Jecht, because he touched Sin, but he also died.  In the end of FFX, Tidus fades away.  I don't know why he is in the water at the end though.
,
,
ahHA! Yes, I remmember now, thank you, thats what I needed!

,
,

You're welcome.  I just finished that game for the 2'nd time.  I really want FFX-2!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/18/2002
Offline
4769 posts
 

Re: Someone needs to refresh me on FFX's ending *Spoilers*

Nov 20, 2003
the reason jecht is sin because the final aeon who defeats sin becomes the new sin. therefore thats why tidus and the gANg had to defeat sin from the inside in order to defeat him. they had to stop what was creating sin over and over which was the final aeons and yu yevon was the ones who turned the final aeons into sin because he would take them over. and sin also was an aeon because i remember that somewhere in the game or in a book said sin was an aeon created by yu yevon


Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/01/2003
Offline
207 posts
 

Re: Someone needs to refresh me on FFX's ending *Spoilers*

Nov 20, 2003

ok heres the breakdown on the final fantasy x plot and ending.........................

,

in the begining before zanarkand was destroyed there was a war between zanarkand and bevelle.

,

sin didnt destroy zanarkand it was the soldiers of bevelle. well all the people of zanarkand who died became fayth and sin was made by them and the leader of zanarkand none other than yu yevon lady yunalesca's father. lady yunalesca and her husband zaon fled to safety before zanarkand was destroyed and when sin came she called the final summoning to destroy it. but the people of bevelle still feared yu yevon but spread his teachings and so the temples and teachings of yevon were born.

,

the hym of the fayth is a song sung by zanarkands in defiance to bevelle........but bevelle could not stop people from singing it so they said it was a song sung to soothe the souls of the dead..................

,

ok to the ending..............................

,

tidus and jecht were never real they are a dream of the fayth of zanarkand.............after sin is defeated the fayth can rest and stop dreaming thus tidus and jecht disappear...........jecht was never dead cause he was never really alive either.........actually the fayth dreamed tidus and jecht up to defeat sin as jecht came to spira to defeat sin with lord braska and jecht eventually became sin thus tidus was brought to spira by the fayth to defeat sin his dad......................all in all if you revisit the temples after you start the battle with sin you can learn valuable info on the game from the fayth of the aeons................ shiva is the most important and when u revisit shiva's fayth she will tell you that the fayth will create a new dream in wich there will be a new sea to swim in..............thus the ending tidus waking up in the sea............which means finaly fantasy x2 can be called kinda the new dream of the fayth

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/06/2003
Offline
1087 posts
 

Re: Someone needs to refresh me on FFX's ending *Spoilers*

Nov 21, 2003

,
,
,gex80 wrote:
the reason jecht is sin because the final aeon who defeats sin becomes the new sin. therefore thats why tidus and the gANg had to defeat sin from the inside in order to defeat him. they had to stop what was creating sin over and over which was the final aeons and yu yevon was the ones who turned the final aeons into sin because he would take them over. and sin also was an aeon because i remember that somewhere in the game or in a book said sin was an aeon created by yu yevon
,
,

Actually, Yu Yevon merges with each final aeon after it defeats Sin and creates a new Sin.  Jecht was made into a fayth for Braska's final aeon, and therefore became the next Sin.  In doing so, Jecht was made real.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes