Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 15 2010
By: Michelasso Treasure Hunter 5540 posts

Shaolong gui

18 replies 4 views Edited Apr 15, 2010

And brothers if any. How do they appear? Are they a mission? I have difficulties finding info on them. 

Then any hint about how to beat them? I have roles 5-5-5-5-5-2, so I should be in a decent shape. One trapezohedron so I can make an ultimate weapon for Fang if needed. I'm close to the end (few missions to go as well), so I'd like to get another couple of traps and lotta gil asap. Any suggestion?

----
- I'm not a Playstation fanboy. I'm a Micro$oft hater. It's different.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
270 posts

Re: Shaolong gui

Apr 15, 2010

Michelasso wrote:

And brothers if any. How do they appear? Are they a mission? I have difficulties finding info on them. 

Then any hint about how to beat them? I have roles 5-5-5-5-5-2, so I should be in a decent shape. One trapezohedron so I can make an ultimate weapon for Fang if needed. I'm close to the end (few missions to go as well), so I'd like to get another couple of traps and lotta gil asap. Any suggestion?

There is a Shalong Gui standing next to a treasure nearby the Behemoth King and Megistotherian fight in the Northern Archesteppe. Here's what I did:

Lightning / Fang / Hope

RAV / SAB / SYN

Use Lightning to start building Shaolong Gui's gauge, while Fang casts Slow, Deprotect, Deshell, Imperil and the most important one of all, Daze. You basically want to keep Fang a SAB throughout the entire fight until he is staggered.

COM / SAB / MED

Once Hope debuffed all the characters, switch to COM / SAB / MED. At this time, Lightning's sword should be powered up and Shaolong Gui has attacked your characters so it's a good time to heal up. Once you've healed, switch to...

RAV / SAB / RAV

Once he is staggered switch to...

COM / COM / (whatever you need him to be)

If you need healing use MED or RAV for attacks.

SEN / SEN / SEN then MED / SAB / MED

Shaolong Gui will use Ultima and other cheap moves, so just be on your toes. It should also be noted that Hope's debuffs will last 30% longer if you equip Shrouding Talisman and Watchman's Amulet.

"The mind, like a pool of water, reflects best when calm and undisturbed." - Slash
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 19 (4 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5540 posts

Apr 15, 2010
Ok Slash, thanks. But what about unlocking them? Should I first beat all the missions in the circle making the Titan spawning fog/myst when activated?
----
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
270 posts

Apr 15, 2010

Michelasso wrote:
Ok Slash, thanks. But what about unlocking them? Should I first beat all the missions in the circle making the Titan spawning fog/myst when activated?

Whoops!! I didn't answer that huh? Sorry about that. And yes, you are correct! You have to complete those missions!

"The mind, like a pool of water, reflects best when calm and undisturbed." - Slash
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5540 posts

Apr 15, 2010
All right, good. Once ready I'll try your strategy, thanks!
----
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Apr 15, 2010

If you still have other missions to do (besides the ones in the circle) you should try and finish those first.  With the exception of a couple, they are going to get a little more difficult to 5-star with the level your guys are at.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8519 posts

Apr 15, 2010

Need to complete the Adamantortoise mission (Cie'th stone in Sulyya Springs) and the Circle of Life missions (the ones where the Titan changes the weather), then they appear in the Archylte Steppe in place of the Adamantoise and Adamanchelid, with the exception of one Adamantoise.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5540 posts

Apr 17, 2010
Ok, I gave it a try and I failed miserably few times. Too bad because I have only a role at lvl 4, all others are lvl 5.

If the Shaolong Gui is that bad, what about the Long Gui? I met it a couple of times using this strategy that obviously didn't work. Should I summon again and then beat the hell out of it? Do I need maxed up tier 3 weapons?
----
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1285 posts

Apr 17, 2010

Are there any good ways to defend against the "Bay" attack? I have lost a lot of fights I was about to win because of this damned attack. My best defense is switching to the tortoise paradigm and hope that no one gets dazed. However about 70% of the time when I get hit with bay it's pretty much over. It's very hard to recover after this attack. Ultima is easier to recover from. Bay is especially annoying since it seems to happen when I am on the verge of winning.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5540 posts

Apr 17, 2010

Romudeth wrote:

Are there any good ways to defend against the "Bay" attack? I have lost a lot of fights I was about to win because of this damned attack. My best defense is switching to the tortoise paradigm and hope that no one gets dazed. However about 70% of the time when I get hit with bay it's pretty much over. It's very hard to recover after this attack. Ultima is easier to recover from. Bay is especially annoying since it seems to happen when I am on the verge of winning.

I use Rainbow Anklet,  2 each for both the leader and the healer. They give a total of +51% Daze res. Switching to sentinel on time may help as well, but I'm not sure. 

Anyway, I managed to kill 2 of these guis. The 1st time prebuffing everything with sols. The 2nd using sprint shows on all 3 chars. But it's too fast and far too many times I don't even read the Ultima coming. I slightly modified tis strategy, but full roles are nearly a must. Tier 3 weapons should help a lot as well, but I've only got 2 trapezohedrons for now.

----
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 19 (4 Views)
0 Likes