Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

Re: Rikku

Oct 29, 2003
Rikku's not a terrible fighter either. Even if she doesn't have all the strength of Auron, Tidus, or Wakka, she seems to be about the fastest in terms of initiative. I can remember times when I had her on SOS-Haste and she would attack two and nearly three times in a row... and its tough to argue with that.
Message 21 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1481 posts

Oct 29, 2003

,the master gamer wrote:
rikku........is she even wroth training????? i really see no use for her i think she sucks!!!!! what do u guys think?

Rikku? She's nice but not really strong with the physical stuff but her Overdrive is pretty cool and her agility is very quick. You might train her for some time but overall it's not really worth having her but only for some situation.

Message 22 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Oct 30, 2003

Okay I can understand that Rikku's not the most effective fighter in the FF series, but lets not forget that RPG's aren't just long series of battles, but  massive storylines that happen to contain long series of battles.  They're like Jackie Chan movies with maybe a little more effort put into plot and character.  And as far as I'm concerned, Rikku's one of the cooler characters in FFX, and from the way things are looking so far, she is the coolest, (i.e., least annoying) character in X-2.  Consider what the X-2 demo would be like sans Rikku....  You'd have Yuna, the empty-headed, neo-hippie, obviously failed soap opera actress; Payne, (who yes looks awesome), the seemingly soulless, personality-less, shell of a CG character, along with a speechless fat dude and his equally silent posse.

Plus Rikku is hot.  And vibrant and spunky in an oddly non-irritating sort of way. 

TacticAngel...... your mom.

Message Edited by midgetradio on 10-29-2003 10:52 PM

Message 23 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1336 posts

Oct 31, 2003

,the master gamer wrote:
rikku........is she even wroth training????? i really see no use for her i think she sucks!!!!! what do u guys think?

In FF7, 8, and 9 I found out that it is best to train all the characters. My brother taught me this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Everyone has a purpose, but few know what it is; do you know your purpose in life?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 24 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1336 posts

Oct 31, 2003
^ What the?!?!?!? I can't edit my post up above. What happened to the edit button? ^
"Everyone has a purpose, but few know what it is; do you know your purpose in life?"
Message 25 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3127 posts

Nov 1, 2003

,the master gamer wrote:

Well, Rikku is actually pretty good, and it is useful to train her, seeing as she is one of your underwater characters. I seem to use Tidus, Wakka, and Rikku quite a bit, but I also like to use the combo of Auron, Wakka, Khimari.
History is much like an endless waltz, The end of one war only spawns the beginning of another. Thus the great Spiral of Death continues on. Most living things depend on this spiral. Mere Human Mortals are the worst. They must kill for food, kill for shelter, kill for
clothing, kill for protection from other humans, and finally, kill for entertainment. No human can live without death.
Message 26 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Nov 4, 2003
Actually (this is kinda late, I know), but this battle is based on Kimhari's current HP at the time. So really, there's not use in leveling up the big blue guy at all...dunno if that's been said already.
Message 27 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Nov 4, 2003
I used Yuna in the final battle. If you get her final weapon and her spell "holy" she does a LOT of damage. Seriously, a lot. You won't even need the Magus Three Sisters to beat the game with that baby =)
Message 28 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes