Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 08 2010
By: coffeerox Wastelander 870 posts

Points I made about the game slowly creeps up

8 replies 14 views Edited Mar 8, 2010

This is the very first thread which I see someone questioning why they force you to beat the game to unlock existing (not optional) content

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=928790&topic=53807265&page=2

It's fine if you beat the game and you get a New game+ or get some additional content however it is not the case in FFXIII.  In FFXIII, you unlock a crucial element of your character growth only until after beating the game.  It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It's EXTREMELY bad game design. 

By the end of April, pretty much everything I've said about the game will be talked about and the dust will finally settle.  All those people arguing with the TC don't even know what they're in for and once they do, it's not going to be what they thought it was going to be. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1816 posts

Re: Points I made about the game slowly creeps up

Mar 8, 2010

so....what? i gota play threw the game twice?!!?!?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
266 posts

Mar 8, 2010

Are you complaining about bonus content .... whats going on i read it but i don't necessarily understand the arguement. cause i'd rather have bonus content then non at all

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1816 posts

Mar 8, 2010

Luciferbelmont wrote:

Are you complaining about bonus content .... whats going on i read it but i don't necessarily understand the arguement. cause i'd rather have bonus content then non at all

well i do not understand either, we dont finish the story? or the game? i would lvoe bonuse content! would keep me keeping the game!!

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Mar 8, 2010

I'm going to make this as simple as possible.  Crystarium Grid is like Sphere Grid, and that is equal to levelling up.  Essentially what happens in FFXIII is that the game prevents you from getting your last level up until you beat the game.

This is not about bonus content.  When you beat the game, you get NO bonus content.  The point I'm trying to make is that the level up system is a part of the game and they don't even let you have all of it until you beat the game.  All the missions they put there for you to do are impossible to do because they keep an important piece of the game from you just cause of the story.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1816 posts

Mar 8, 2010

oh no bonuse content... TwT

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
266 posts

Mar 8, 2010

I  get it now do you think they were trying to prevent with what happened in FFX,  like using the aeons and killing a boss with one hit with it after level grinding, or leveling up ridiculous where its to the point of killing a boss in 2 hits.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Mar 8, 2010

Luciferbelmont wrote:

I  get it now do you think they were trying to prevent with what happened in FFX,  like using the aeons and killing a boss with one hit with it after level grinding, or leveling up ridiculous where its to the point of killing a boss in 2 hits.

Nope because it makes sense to put a cap from going from Chapter 1-13 but they should have unlocked the last grid in Chapter 13 when they opened up the warp points.  It's obvious that they wanted you to play the story first and game later.  People who play the story mainly probably wouldn't even want to come back.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2063 posts

Mar 8, 2010

Coffee I understand you know what you're talking about, unlike 98% of the people here but I say just let them sweat it out and wait till tomorrow...  All of your posts and threads will soon be realised as truth so there is really no point in making them now....

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (14 Views)
0 Likes