Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 24 2003
By: LordMage~ First Son 31 posts

Off Subject sort of [still about FF]

8 replies 1 views Edited Oct 24, 2003

Does anyone know anything about FFXII? I heard that it was suppose to come out soon after FFXI. Was this just or rumor or is there some truth to it?

**Moved from FFXI board**

Message Edited by Aeris Strife on 10-24-2003 06:31 AM

"The Early bird catches the worm, but the Second mouse gets the cheese"
Message 1 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21579 posts

Re: Off Subject sort of [still about FF]

Oct 24, 2003

FF X-2 will be in stores November 19th.

Message 2 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
754 posts

Oct 24, 2003

Depends - do you mean FFX-2 or FFXII (12)

FFX-2 is the sequel to FFX - and that will be out in November in the US.  This is the first FF sequel that Square has done, and looks very intresting.

FFXII (FF12) is next year sometime - probably for X-Mas.  It's an entirely new Final Fantasy story, and the early rumors is that the graphics style and gameplay are lightyears different than previous FF games.  I've heard a few people mention cell-shaded graphics, some others mention a FF-Tactics type system.  FF Tactics is the best FF game ever, BTW - I'd love to see a PS2 FF Tactics.

-lavinah

Message 3 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
562 posts

Oct 24, 2003

,lavinah wrote:

FF Tactics is the best FF game ever, BTW - I'd love to see a PS2 FF Tactics.

-lavinah

Really?  I've heard nothing but bad input about FF Tactics.  Saying its the best FF game ever was totally surprising to read.
Message 4 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
754 posts

Oct 24, 2003

Not Tactics Advance - the original FF Tactics from the PS1.

Awesome.  Really Awesome.  Go spend the $9.99 and get this game.  You can play it for the next 10 years without any problem - there's about 10 jillion job/skill/armor combinations.  Oh, and I have never played a RPG twice, and I don't use cheat books.  I've played thru Tactics more times than I can count.  Some people give it a bad rep because the first 2-5 hours or so on it are slow, slow, slow.  But once you can start customizing your party...rock.

The trick is, just don't finish the game.  If you just go around and keep fighting, the fights keep up with you.  There's still 1 random encounter (that pops like every 123rd time on 1 particular map) that I can't beat with 5 70th level characters.  Graphics are standard PS1 fare, but the depth to the system is simply amazing.  I think there's 23 jobs, and you can have two, plus mix aspects of any other job into each job.  It's nuts.  I've still never played one or two of the jobs.

Message 5 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12360 posts

Oct 24, 2003

Lol u people are silly

he said

FFXII

then someone asked FFX-2 or FFXII?

Message 6 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Oct 24, 2003

I'm am 100% serious when I say, if they even THINK about putting cell-shading in FFXII........ I WILL GO DIRECTLY TO SQUENIX HEADQUARTERS, STRAP MYSELF WITH A NUCLEAR BOMB AND BLOW UP JAPAN AGAIN!!! I hate cell shading. I hate it, I hate it, I HATE IT!!!

UNLESS! it's for a game like "XIII (13)" which is entirely cellshaded because it's based on a comic book.

I hope with all my guts they don't put cell-shading in it........

Message 7 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1998 posts

Oct 24, 2003
i havent found anythign wrong with cell shading so far.... the new zelda on gamecube was fun
Message 8 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

Oct 24, 2003

,LordMage wrote:

Does anyone know anything about FFXII? I heard that it was suppose to come out soon after FFXI. Was this just or rumor or is there some truth to it?

**Moved from FFXI board**,

Message Edited by Aeris Strife on 10-24-2003 06:31 AM

There's really not any info on it at this point, other than it's being done by some of the same people that did FF Tactics.

There should be some info popping up here in the next few months, since it will probably be out for X-mas 2004, or at the very latest early 2005.

-Griever_08

http://goo.gl/SjUkM
Message 9 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes