Highlighted
Nov 23 2003
By: Biznitch~ Splicer 87 posts

Not sure about X-2

10 replies 1 views Edited Nov 23, 2003

Should I get it?

I looked at it and, I love final fantasy, but, I don't know.  Can anyone say anything about it that makes it almost impossible to buy?  I'm not sure I wanna part with $50 just yet...

I hardly think it would enhance your reputation in the U.N., Professor Plum!

Don't you go to sleep, you have to get a bath!
Message 1 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes
Final Boss
30058 posts

Re: Not sure about X-2

Nov 23, 2003

,Biznitch wrote:

Should I get it?

I looked at it and, I love final fantasy, but, I don't know.  Can anyone say anything about it that makes it almost impossible to buy?  I'm not sure I wanna part with $50 just yet...

Rent or try the demo in the latest OPM if you are not sure.
Formally chaynes...
Message 2 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Nov 23, 2003
the demo is different from the game, it was mearly a test to see if there was interest in the public for a x-2, in japan and there was, so they went ahead and made the game. so now we have it here as a "demo"
Message 3 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1998 posts

Nov 23, 2003

if you liked final fantasy x then chances are you will like this one.  but chaynes advice was good also so do either.

Message 4 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes
Final Boss
30058 posts

Nov 23, 2003

,s0v3r1gn wrote:
the demo is different from the game, it was mearly a test to see if there was interest in the public for a x-2, in japan and there was, so they went ahead and made the game. so now we have it here as a "demo"

The demo is 2 missions from the game, if you don't like the demo at all, you probley won't like the game.
Formally chaynes...
Message 5 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Nov 23, 2003

,Biznitch wrote:

Should I get it?

I too hold the same feeling for this "Final Fantasy" title.  One major reason that is holding me back is Yuna being a pop star wearing more revealing attire.  I mean we saw her in Final Fantasy X being this naive, kind hearted, summoner on a pilgrimage. Anyways I have just rented that game today (11/23/03), and so far in the last two hours of gameplay, it has been really fun.

The game returns to the active time battle system.  However it's a little bit different compared to it's predecessors.  Two differences that I can tell you right off the bat include:

-Simultaneous Attacks
-Constant Camera Change in Battle

This active system gets some time to get use to.  There is a lot of quick managing the player has to do during the duration of a battle.  At first I didn't like it too much because I was too busy going through the command menus that I couldn't see any of the animations.  Right now I am getting better at it, so I am starting to see all of the actions that are executed.  (Helps a lot when ATB is configured to “Wait”.)  Once you get use to the system the battles become really fun.

Though I find the gameplay really fun, I still don’t know about this game.  To me so far I don’t find it that great of a sequel to Final Fantasy X, but I have just started the game so my opinion may change.  (Note:  I really wasn’t too thrilled when I found out there was going to be a sequel, so I am probably stubborn about X-2)

Even with all of the unsure and low opinions that I have stated, I highly recommend that you rent Final Fantasy X-2 to experience it for yourself.

Message 6 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9154 posts

Nov 24, 2003

Biznitch wrote:

Should I get it?

i find parts of it annoying.... some ppl like it tho... so u should rent it forst and see if u like it
Message 7 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8726 posts

Nov 24, 2003

,chaynes wrote:

,Biznitch wrote:

Should I get it?

Rent or try the demo in the latest OPM if you are not sure.

...that or wait till other people have played it. get some reviews...collect them and then make a final decision. gather your information first and then make your choice.
Message 8 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7036 posts

Nov 24, 2003

not being basied, but you should try out the game by renting or playing the demo

can't give you a brief info about the game, but it's fun

it's worth to part with your $50

Message 9 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Nov 24, 2003
It's a little repelling to me since I'm a chick and they're all kinda slutty and just there for the viewing pleasure of the male demographic, and also, I can't rent games, let's just say.... horrible late fee situation....
I hardly think it would enhance your reputation in the U.N., Professor Plum!

Don't you go to sleep, you have to get a bath!
Message 10 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes