Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 06 2010
By: Luciferbelmont Lombax Warrior 266 posts

Listen to this guys FFXIII Review

9 replies 135 views Edited Mar 6, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfPcbwlkuaU  actual review starts at 2:00.  This is to all the people who are downing this game just because its linear the first 20 hours.     God of war III is going to be linear and its going to last what only 10 - 15 hours.   So stop WHINING.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (135 Views)
Sackboy
633 posts

Re: Listen to this guys FFXIII Review

Mar 6, 2010

Luciferbelmont wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfPcbwlkuaU  actual review starts at 2:00.  This is to all the people who are downing this game just because its linear the first 20 hours.     God of war III is going to be linear and its going to last what only 10 - 15 hours.   So stop WHINING.

Honest review IMO.  I'm really excited for Tuesday to come.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2924 posts

Mar 7, 2010

Luciferbelmont wrote:

God of War III is not an RPG.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Mar 7, 2010

smurfinator wrote:

Luciferbelmont wrote:

God of War III is not an RPG.

and thats the main problem. heaps of people and reviewers are going "its a linear FF, we must bash it for that". when the reviews start roling in for god of war im doubting that the word "linear" will even be mentioned because thats what people are expecting for that game. it seems that the main thing that is really hurting 13 are expectations because of the series history. also because some people cannot believe that the action and RPG genre can be mixed together.

some of my favorite games ever (including GoW) have been linear so i im thinking that im gonna love this game. and one last question for you all, would you rather an open world game with an average story, or a linear game with a great story???

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2924 posts

Mar 7, 2010

darkice5647 wrote:

would you rather an open world game with an average story, or a linear game with a great story???

tough call. it would depend on if the open world game had a ton of good content and features within its world. otherwise i'd be better off with the linear game with the great story. the linearity isn't THE problem though. its actualy the lack of content. all of us are familiar with the linear portion of FF to get the story rolling. but then they'd let us explore the world and its populations and do sidequests (real sidequests not a monster hit list) and find secret story segments. it's been said to have little to none of that. if someones lying about it best to let the truth out about it. while i might be disappointed  that stuff is missing it doesn't scare me enough not to buy it. luckily for me i have no class tuesday. so i'll be on that **bleep** all damn day.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6810 posts

Mar 7, 2010

darkice5647 wrote:
and one last question for you all, would you rather an open world game with an average story, or a linear game with a great story???

Who said the story was great? In all the reviews I've seen thus far, I don't really hear people chalking up the story as amazing. It's too early to claim that the story will be anything. Judging by the characters and the overall visual appeal of the game, it looks to be a poppy "love wil prevail" kind of game.

I think we will all make our indvidual judgments about the story in due time. But for now, I can give it a "hell no" in terms of hyping high expectations for its plot/story...

.:. .:.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
661 posts

Mar 8, 2010

His review sucked, he says he likes it, doesn't rate the game.

And yes, I would rather have a decent story, with an open world feel to a super linear game and a great story. My favorite FF game was and still is FF10, and that has the same architecture as FF13, in terms of it being linear. From one place to the next, but the game does have many things that trump the linearity. First, the story is amazing, the best in any FF game ever! Blitzball, a mini-game seems to be a must have for a FF game to be spectacular. Weither it be this Blitzball (or even the monster arena), FF8's card game, FF7's golden sauces, or FF6's monster arena.

FF13 throws to many daggers at us loyal FF fans. Not only is the game super linear (which doesn't make it bad by any means), but they don't include anything else we expect. They don't have that many monsters, they aren't bring back the main monsters we grown to love. And than the 'summons' are very limited. They don't have towns for god sakes, you buy from save points! This is super annoying, and just not FF like... The more linear a game is, the better everything else has to be if you ask me. While FF10 was linear, straight paths for a good portion, it did let you go back, and do **bleep** even earleir on. Which is fantastic, all people want from linearity is...Just to be able to go back and recheck things out. The game doesn't have to have 10 different things to do in every area, that's not what freedom is. Just going forward is no fun.

FF13 is getting low reviews because you don't play it, and want to keep playing after you beat it. Because it is linear, it's to much story and to little wondering around. And to me, the biggest hit. Not a true JRPG game, managing one person. I like real JRPG's like FF10, really turn based, or even FF7 style (active turn based). FF13 is active turn based, except for the fact that they don't care if you like playing as your whole party.

FF13 just lets down its hardcore fans, which happen to review the game for the most part. People want to love FF13, including me. It just sucks saying "what if they did this" over and over while playing cause they left something out that should be in the game. You don't get this feeling for other FF games. What I thought is that, Square just didn't know how to approach making a FF game on the next gen system. I mean, they even said that making a town would take years to do, like towns in FF7. Which is nonsense, Uncharted 2 can make these super detailed venues, and Assassins Creed can build whole city's, but Square Enix can't make parts of cities now? Square just loves making excuses why they didn't meet the demand of the fans in this subject.

While FF13 is good, and a fun game, it's still a let down for huge FF fans like myself, but not much or at all to casual gamers (95% of the fanbase).

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7652 posts

Mar 8, 2010

toMsons wrote:

While FF13 is good, and a fun game, it's still a let down for huge FF fans like myself, but not much or at all to casual gamers (95% of the fanbase).

I'd like to know the difference between a "hardcore" FF fan and a "casual" FF fan.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5540 posts

Mar 8, 2010

toMsons wrote:

I mean, they even said that making a town would take years to do, like towns in FF7. Which is nonsense, Uncharted 2 can make these super detailed venues, and Assassins Creed can build whole city's, but Square Enix can't make parts of cities now?

The most annoying things in FF XII were the cities, tho!!

I couldn't stand going around those towns with that inverted camera that gave me nausea. Going up and down like an idiot looking for someone or something always hard to find.

Sure, I don't know, yet, I still have to play the game. But for me is more important to have a story that grows with the game, even if it means high linearity (unless we want to make a mix between Heavy Rain and an RPG) that a non linear game that keeps wanting me to go from A to B and back.

But true, the lack of option to go back to most places it is annoying. This due to the damn porting, to avoid DVD swapping. That sucks in a big way, I admit.

----
- I'm not a Playstation fanboy. I'm a Micro$oft hater. It's different.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
266 posts

Mar 8, 2010

Well a hardcore FF fan is like that guy up there he wants everything to have sephiroth everything to be like Final fantasy VII,  I am more of a honorable final fantasy fan.  I honor that EVERY FINAL FANTASY is different. and thats what makes EACH FINAL FANTASY IS UNIQUE. And tokyo domes review doesn't stink its a truthful opinoin from a honorable final fantasy fan.  I can't wait for the Final Fantasy insane "everything should be like FF7" fans "like the one above" say that FFXIII VS doesn't have a time based attack that its to much action.

I like that its capped it welcomes a challenge and tokyo dome even said himself he never reached the capped levels for each chapter.  This guys review is great too its honost but unlike the guy above he doesn't let it affect his overall experience.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6BGecr_r88&feature=response_watch  so please stop being cry babies

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (135 Views)