Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
638 posts

Re: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Announced (2013)

Sep 1, 2012

I am in 50-50 to purchase this game. I will wait for critics' review for this game. 

I hope Square Enix won't release any DLC about Lightning's saga story add-ons again for this game. Make it one disc story game for once and all, and end this FF13 series. 

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 11 of 22 (325 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2012

Message 12 of 22 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2065 posts

Sep 4, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

With Lightning as the only playable character, players will have unparalleled control over customizing her looks and combat style. The battle system itself, a greatly modified version of the previous two, will feature real-time elements including direct control of Lightning's movement and her attacks, as well as time-based moves that drain the doomsday counter. Lightning Returns will also include a real-time block system, designed to make battles much more active and time-based. Even dying mid-battle will activate a prompt to give players the choice to rewind their mistakes at the expense of the timer.

Pass. Me and action games do not mix well.

Message 13 of 22 (299 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41117 posts

Sep 5, 2012

Some more info from Famitsu this week:

• The game is currently 30% complete
  • This will be Lightning's last game and will end with a happy ending. The game has just one ending.
  • The first FFXIII was story driven, meaning that the story pulled the player along. FFXIII-2 was player driven, meaning players selected the story. Lightning Returns is World Driven, meaning players have to consider how they interact with the changing world.
  • The game's in-game time works out to one day being the equivalent of one to two hours of real time. There will be increases and decreases in time.
  • The game is meant to be played and cleared multiple times. The volume is not such that it will take many tens of hours to clear once.
  • People from XIII-2 haven't died. Because of the effects of the chaos (I'm not sure if this is the proper English word), people have stopped aging and don't get old.
  • The Novus world has four continents, two natural and two city-type.
  • Depending on your actions, the remaining life of the world could decrease, and the game could end before the 13 day limit.
  • There are some times when helping someone will decrease the life of the world.
  • Defeating some enemies and clearing some quests will increase the life of the world.
  • Lightning is all by herself in battle, allowing you to concentrate more than when you had to control a party.
  • Lightning has become a considerably more refined person.
  • You can freely move around during battle. Some elements of the battle system are timing-based.
  • The battle system is close to action. There's an ATB gauge.
  • During battle, you don't select menu commands. Instead, you select abilities which have been assigned to buttons.
  • Hope will give guidance to Lightning via wireless com.
  • The city has clocks everywhere showing the constant progression of time.

Andriasang

Message 14 of 22 (293 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11198 posts

Sep 6, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

Some more info from Famitsu this week:

• The game is currently 30% complete
  • This will be Lightning's last game and will end with a happy ending. The game has just one ending.
  • The first FFXIII was story driven, meaning that the story pulled the player along. FFXIII-2 was player driven, meaning players selected the story. Lightning Returns is World Driven, meaning players have to consider how they interact with the changing world.
  • The game's in-game time works out to one day being the equivalent of one to two hours of real time. There will be increases and decreases in time.
  • The game is meant to be played and cleared multiple times. The volume is not such that it will take many tens of hours to clear once.
  • People from XIII-2 haven't died. Because of the effects of the chaos (I'm not sure if this is the proper English word), people have stopped aging and don't get old.
  • The Novus world has four continents, two natural and two city-type.
  • Depending on your actions, the remaining life of the world could decrease, and the game could end before the 13 day limit.
  • There are some times when helping someone will decrease the life of the world.
  • Defeating some enemies and clearing some quests will increase the life of the world.
  • Lightning is all by herself in battle, allowing you to concentrate more than when you had to control a party.
  • Lightning has become a considerably more refined person.
  • You can freely move around during battle. Some elements of the battle system are timing-based.
  • The battle system is close to action. There's an ATB gauge.
  • During battle, you don't select menu commands. Instead, you select abilities which have been assigned to buttons.
  • Hope will give guidance to Lightning via wireless com.
  • The city has clocks everywhere showing the constant progression of time.

Andriasang

Intriguing. But then again I'm not against FF XIII like so many others are. Both games were enjoyable, this looks good too. However it remains to be seen if I buy it on day 1 yet or not.

Message 15 of 22 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Sep 8, 2012
gotta agree with papawarlock on this i like the FFXIII series but there is something else i cant quite put my finger on it,
Message 16 of 22 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2012

My only gripe with all of this is; no customizing other Party Members (Weapon & Gear,or even Stats-wise); because as it is now,there wont be any other Party Members.......

....Geez, at the least,they could have some fights involve random encounters with one or even more other Party Members,that the Player could either choose to accept or not accept to allow Him or Her to assist Lightning within a given Battle,at that moment ;and the Equipment & Stats of any Party Member would be linked to how far,and how much The Player has progressed & leveled Lightning up to that point where Lightning and any Party Member meets-up with one-another.

Message 17 of 22 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Sep 21, 2012

I can't wait to play Lightning Returns! 

Message 18 of 22 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Sep 28, 2012

I'm in Limbo about this.  I never thought I'd be an action RPG fan but I tried Skyrim because I got it as a gift and actually really liked it.  I don't necessarily care that SE changed the genre, as long as the final game is fun.

I'll miss the additional characters but I do like that they've played up the customization aspect.  If there's one thing I'm excited about it's how SE will design a fully explrable world like TES.  I still think XIII and XIII-2 are the most amazing games to look at.  Mixing their graphic design awareness with Skyrim'sopenness could be great.

I don't like the doom countdown at all though.  Majora's Mask was unplayable to me.  It's too stressful and deesn't seem to fit the concept of exploration well.  You're going to give me an open world but make me paranoid about spending too much time exploring it?  Ugh.

Message 19 of 22 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Sep 30, 2012
lol right
Message 20 of 22 (226 Views)
0 Likes