09-01-2012 01:04 PM
09-04-2012 04:07 AM
With Lightning as the only playable character, players will have unparalleled control over customizing her looks and combat style. The battle system itself, a greatly modified version of the previous two, will feature real-time elements including direct control of Lightning's movement and her attacks, as well as time-based moves that drain the doomsday counter. Lightning Returns will also include a real-time block system, designed to make battles much more active and time-based. Even dying mid-battle will activate a prompt to give players the choice to rewind their mistakes at the expense of the timer.
Pass. Me and action games do not mix well.
09-04-2012 09:00 PM
Some more info from Famitsu this week:
Now Playing: Beyond: Two Souls | Dishonored |
Battlefield 4 (-_-)
09-05-2012 09:07 PM
Some more info from Famitsu this week:
- The game is currently 30% complete
- This will be Lightning's last game and will end with a happy ending. The game has just one ending.
- The first FFXIII was story driven, meaning that the story pulled the player along. FFXIII-2 was player driven, meaning players selected the story. Lightning Returns is World Driven, meaning players have to consider how they interact with the changing world.
- The game's in-game time works out to one day being the equivalent of one to two hours of real time. There will be increases and decreases in time.
- The game is meant to be played and cleared multiple times. The volume is not such that it will take many tens of hours to clear once.
- People from XIII-2 haven't died. Because of the effects of the chaos (I'm not sure if this is the proper English word), people have stopped aging and don't get old.
- The Novus world has four continents, two natural and two city-type.
- Depending on your actions, the remaining life of the world could decrease, and the game could end before the 13 day limit.
- There are some times when helping someone will decrease the life of the world.
- Defeating some enemies and clearing some quests will increase the life of the world.
- Lightning is all by herself in battle, allowing you to concentrate more than when you had to control a party.
- Lightning has become a considerably more refined person.
- You can freely move around during battle. Some elements of the battle system are timing-based.
- The battle system is close to action. There's an ATB gauge.
- During battle, you don't select menu commands. Instead, you select abilities which have been assigned to buttons.
- Hope will give guidance to Lightning via wireless com.
- The city has clocks everywhere showing the constant progression of time.
Intriguing. But then again I'm not against FF XIII like so many others are. Both games were enjoyable, this looks good too. However it remains to be seen if I buy it on day 1 yet or not.
09-20-2012 04:05 PM - edited 09-20-2012 04:06 PM
My only gripe with all of this is; no customizing other Party Members (Weapon & Gear,or even Stats-wise); because as it is now,there wont be any other Party Members.......
....Geez, at the least,they could have some fights involve random encounters with one or even more other Party Members,that the Player could either choose to accept or not accept to allow Him or Her to assist Lightning within a given Battle,at that moment ;and the Equipment & Stats of any Party Member would be linked to how far,and how much The Player has progressed & leveled Lightning up to that point where Lightning and any Party Member meets-up with one-another.
09-28-2012 03:06 PM
I'm in Limbo about this. I never thought I'd be an action RPG fan but I tried Skyrim because I got it as a gift and actually really liked it. I don't necessarily care that SE changed the genre, as long as the final game is fun.
I'll miss the additional characters but I do like that they've played up the customization aspect. If there's one thing I'm excited about it's how SE will design a fully explrable world like TES. I still think XIII and XIII-2 are the most amazing games to look at. Mixing their graphic design awareness with Skyrim'sopenness could be great.
I don't like the doom countdown at all though. Majora's Mask was unplayable to me. It's too stressful and deesn't seem to fit the concept of exploration well. You're going to give me an open world but make me paranoid about spending too much time exploring it? Ugh.