Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Re: Japan gets all the extras and what do we get?

Dec 6, 2003

,finalight wrote:
it's because as most of us has gotten FFX or FFX-2(not international), they will not buy the international version. However, this seems to be otherwise. More people are waiting for the international version instead because of the extra stuff which is true. I can't prove it to you, but most of my classmates who likes FF always waited for the FFX-2 international version. But sadly, the striking news is that international FFX-2 will not hit USA...thus..they have no choice but to get normal version.

So square-enix has made a wrong move
in short, they are idiots(I know people who made wrong move aren't idiots, but it's obvious that square-enix made this idiotic move)

Thus, I demand that FFXII should not have international version. Or have the international version hit USA...:smileyhappy:

Message Edited by finalight on 12-06-2003 01:38 PM

Yeah, if Sq-En found out that there are hundreds of thousands of FF freaks out there from USA who actually want the International version they might reconsider.  How much could it cost them just to make the international version available to US?
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 26 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7036 posts

Dec 6, 2003

Sephiroth2290 wrote:

Yeah, if Sq-En found out that there are hundreds of thousands of FF freaks out there from USA who actually want the International version they might reconsider. How much could it cost them just to make the international version available to US?

the bad thing is that they'll have to hire the voice actor back.
For FFX, it's because of the eternal calm video

For FFX-2, it's because of the last mission

Message Edited by finalight on 12-06-2003 08:37 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 26 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Dec 6, 2003

,Sephiroth2290 wrote:
KH Final Mix IS English, but it wasn't released in USA.   And the same w/ FFX/X-2.  Why don't they release them in USA?  They're already English, so there is no translating to be done.  Yet they still keep them out of the US.  Why?

Like I said before...KH Final Mix is the EXACT same version as the US KH. You aren't missing out on anything.

Then FFX International only has English subtitles. No English voice acting OR English menus. Plus someone mentioned the "Eternal Calm" video (the only thing that makes FFX International worth buying). If you want an English version of this, with the English voice actors, then just pick up the December issue of Official Playstation Magazine.

Finally FFX-2 International is NOT English at all.

All theses games are basically just the original Japanese / US games but with a tiny bit of extra stuff thrown in for you to do near the end... really it's not a big loss.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is it...This is your story" - Auron, Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy X-2 Stats:
Percentage Completion - 98%
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 26 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2941 posts

Dec 6, 2003
I wish we had english versions of the International releases, or that I spoke/read Japanese.,
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 26 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Dec 6, 2003

,Lionheart30 wrote:

,Sephiroth2290 wrote:
KH Final Mix IS English, but it wasn't released in USA.   And the same w/ FFX/X-2.  Why don't they release them in USA?  They're already English, so there is no translating to be done.  Yet they still keep them out of the US.  Why?

Like I said before...KH Final Mix is the EXACT same version as the US KH. You aren't missing out on anything.

Then FFX International only has English subtitles. No English voice acting OR English menus. Plus someone mentioned the "Eternal Calm" video (the only thing that makes FFX International worth buying). If you want an English version of this, with the English voice actors, then just pick up the December issue of Official Playstation Magazine.

Finally FFX-2 International is NOT English at all.

All theses games are basically just the original Japanese / US games but with a tiny bit of extra stuff thrown in for you to do near the end... really it's not a big loss.

Ohhh.  But wait a minute, KH Final Mix shows you what's behind the door in the beginning on Destiny Islands.  That's something I would buy.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 26 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1624 posts

Dec 7, 2003

,finalight wrote:

ohh..that pretty much explains the topic...

but can you prove that in Japan, most of the gamers are 20+ years old?

My statement is something that needn't a proof; anyone understands the Japanese culture and economy should not be surprised by the fact that many people choose education as priority in Japan - now I said "many" because there are those with talents who needn't study at all and still can get a life, a few that is - again, like I stated, it is none of my business and I don't care a bit about what some of the kids think, or even if my statement is 100% true in that matter... I'm almost done with school, it is my last year at University of Toronto; so believe whatever you want, I have no interests in knowing what the others think about education...
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 26 (1 View)
0 Likes